Petra & Wadi Rum 2 Day Tour from Eilat Highlights
01Enjoy a fully-guided tour of the UNESCO World Heritage Site
02Walk through the Siq, a narrow gorge filled with niches, shrines, and carvings
03Visit Petra's top attractions, including the Obelisk Tomb, Treasury, Jabal Madbach, Tombs, Theater and Mountaintop Tombs
04Enjoy free time to explore more of Petra at your own pace
05Experience the amazing landscapes of the Wadi Rum Desert as you drive back to Eilat.
Why we chose this tourOur Petra & Wadi Rum Tour - 2 Days from Eilat will transport you to an unearthly world, unlike anything you've experienced before. This tour is perfect for travelers who are hungry for adventure, history, and culture. Journey to places that are beyond your imagination and absorb the dramatic scenery and spectacular colors that surround you. Stay overnight in the Martian-like desert in-between days of exploration.
Our Petra & Wadi Rum Tour – 2 Days from Eilat will take you through the captivating Wadi Rum desert to the ancient city of Petra. Petra is Jordan’s top tourist attraction and one of the most impressive archaeological sites in the world. Your tour will start bright and early when you’ll cross the Jordanian border to the resort city of Aqaba.
You’ll have time to explore the city of Aqaba before heading to the Mars-like Wadi Rum desert, where you will sleep under the stars at a Bedouin campsite. You’ll be spoiled with authentic Bedouin hospitality that the desert nomadic group is renowned for. As the day cools, you’ll enjoy an exhilarating desert Jeep safari and be spellbound by the otherworldly surroundings. At night, savor a traditional Bedouin meal, a feast of Bedouin barbeque, salads, and bread, under the star-studded Jordanian sky.
In the morning, you’ll head further into the desert towards the rose-hued city of Petra. You’ll stop for a view of Mt. Haroun, Aaron’s Tomb, on the way. Arriving in Petra, you’ll enjoy a fully guided tour of one of the New Seven Wonders of the World. An experienced local tour guide is indispensable as you explore the amazing feats of mankind. You’ll pass tombs, temples, and an open-air theater, which were all carved into the red sandstone centuries ago. After your tour, you’ll have free time to explore the archaeological city on your own, with an option to hike to the monastery if you choose.
In the late afternoon, you’ll head back to the border where you will again cross with assistance back into Israel, where you’ll be dropped off in Eilat with tired feet and a head full of memories. This tour is also available beginning in Tel Aviv and Jerusalem for those staying in Israel’s central cities.
- We hand-pick each tour and experience which we offer
- Led by a true local expert full of passion
- Hassle-free experience promise. We take care of everything so you just have to enjoy
- Great memories and the best stories guaranteed
- Easy booking, easy cancelation and best price guaranteed
Petra & Wadi Rum 2 Day Tour from Eilat Itinerary
- Pickup in Eilat (7:45)
- Drive to the Wadi Arava Border Crossing and cross into Jordan with full assistance (approx 1.5-2.5 hours)
- Explore Aqaba and have free time for lunch (approx 3 hours)
- Transfer to Wadi Rum (approx 1.5 hours)
- Desert Jeep safari (approx 2 hours)
- Authentic Jordanian dinner at the camp and free time at night (optional activities may be booked at reception)
- Overnight in the Bedouin Camp deluxe tent with AC, heating and private bathroom (Martian tent upgrade available)
Optional Add-onsOvernight in Wadi Rum with a glamping style experience
Optional sunset camel ride and stargazing experience
- Rise early for a Bedouin breakfast at leisure
- Transfer to Petra and stop at a lookout over Mt Haroun on the way (approx 2 hours)
- Guided tour of Petra (approx 2.5 hours)
- Free time to explore on your own and grab lunch (approx 2.5 hours)
- Depart Petra and head back to the border to cross with full assistance back into Israel (approx 3 hours)
- Drop off in Eilat (19:30)
Optional Add-onsOptional early camel ride at sunrise
If you have any questions about our Petra & Wadi Rum 2 Day Tour from Eilat, please contact us. Our team is standing by and will be happy to help
Related Tours and Experiences
Christmas in Bethlehem and Jerusalem 2 Day TourIsrael | 2 days tour From $330 Per Person
Christmas Day Tour In and Around JerusalemIsrael | 9 hour tour From $109 Per Person
Christmas Eve in Bethlehem (and Jerusalem) Tour – Midnight MassIsrael | 14 hour tour From $129 Per Person
Hanukkah in Jerusalem Evening TourIsrael | 2 hour tour From $49 Per Person
Jaffa and Neve Tzedek Walking Tour – Half DayIsrael | 2 hour tour From $38 Per Group
Old Jaffa Night TourIsrael | 3 hour tour From $379 Per Group
Tel Aviv Pub Crawl Nightlife TourIsrael | 3 hour tour From $25 Per Person
Caesarea, Wine Country, and Kibbutz Experience Private TourIsrael | 10 hour tour From $999 Per Group
Caesarea, Akko and Haifa TourIsrael | 12 hours From $99 Per Person
Flavors of the Galilee Private TourIsrael | 12 hour tour From $1,059 Per Group