1Discover the highlights of Sicily in an intimate tour that lets you taste the delicious traditional food and wines of Sicily
2Explore the captivating cities of Palermo and Taormina with expert local guides
3Admire the sweeping views over the volcanic slopes of Mount Etna
4Delve into the history of Noto and Ortigia, two hidden gems in the Sicilian Countryside
Why we chose this tourOur 8 Days Highlights of Sicily Tour Package gives you a taste of authentic Sicilian life, exploring everything from the complex cultural tapestries of different cities to the regional foods and wines that make this area a haven for foodies. With the help of local expert guides, you'll uncover hidden secrets and local stories that will come together to give you an unforgettable experience. This tour is available every Friday and leaves with guaranteed departures.
Awesome Customer Service
Best Price Guaranteed
Small Group Tour
Itinerary - 8 Days Highlights of Sicily Tour Package
Day 1 - Arrival and Taormina Food & Wine Tour
- After arriving in Catania, you'll be driven to your hotel in Taormina before meeting your tour guide in the city center for an afternoon stroll around the city and the local fish market.
- Your guide will take you through the winding streets of this hilltop city, telling you all about its vibrant culture and culinary traditions as you taste your way across the city, sampling local favorites like fried balls of arrancini and puffy cipollini washed down with local vintages.
- After your tour ends, you'll have plenty of time to explore the city on your own before winding down for the evening.
- Overnight in Taormina. (Dinner included)
Day 2 - Taormina Insider Walking Tour
- Enjoy a free morning in Taormina enjoying the views of nearby Mount Etna, and use the time to explore the charming town on your own or relax on the serene beaches nearby.
- Your afternoon will be spent trekking through the center of Taormina with your expert local guide, introducing you to the varied architecture that includes Byzantine and Roman styles combined with Greek and Arab touches, giving you a deeper look at the region's complex political history.
- You'll also hear insider stories and visit hidden corners and small side streets usually undiscovered by outsiders before you stop at the Greek Theater, a world-renowned and stunning piece of architecture, and then take an evening on your own before another day of adventure.
- Overnight in Taormina. (Breakfast included)
Day 3 - Mount Etna and Winery Tour
- This day begins with a visit to the towering and impressive Mount Etna, starting at Rifugio Sapienza, the guard house that sits at 1,900 meters high at the base of Europe's largest volcano.
- Your first stop on the mount itself will be the Silvestri Craters, created by an eruption in 1892, where you'll have plenty of chances to snap some photos before ascending another 3,000 meters by cable car and jeep until you reach the largest main craters for a guided tour of this otherworldly lunar landscape.
- The next part of your tour is a delicious tasting at a winery on the slopes of the volcano with panoramic views of the landscape below, where you'll tour the estate and cellars before tasting 5 volcanic wines paired with an organic lunch and cold appetizers.
- Your day ends back at the hotel where you have another evening to walk the glowing streets of Taormina on your own.
- Overnight in Taormina. (Breakfast and lunch included)
Day 4 - Noto Walking tour and lunch in Marzamemi
- After a leisurely hotel breakfast, your private driver will escort you to the baroque jewel of Noto, taking you through the historic narrow streets of this UNESCO World Heritage Site and past the stunning Cathedral and historic monuments that line the city.
- Along the way, you'll taste some of the world-renowned chocolate from Modica, a town that was part of the Spanish empire for decades and has been making their own chocolate for generations, and get a real taste of local flavor.
- The next stop is Marzamemi, a historically Arab fisherman's village with a totally unique architecture and enjoy a fresh lunch of locally caught fish at a family-run taverna before transferring to Syracuse for a romantic night out on the town.
- Overnight in Syracuse. (Breakfast and lunch included)
Day 5 - Ortigia Walking Tour
- Today is your day to explore the old town of Syracuse, also known as Ortigia, in a breathtaking walking tour that will show off one of the most stunning historic city centers in all of Sicily.
- You'll begin at the wonderfully well-preserved Temple of Apollo before heading down the eclectic Via Cavour, a vibrant street where local artists and aristocrats are known to spend their nights, and stopping at the monumental Archimede Fountain.
- Stop in the Jewish district of the city that has stood since the 3rd century BCE and played an integral part in the development of the city before heading to the very center of the city ti visit the Church of Saint Lucia, and one of the most beautiful squares in all of Italy: Duomo Sqaure.
- After the whirlwind tour, the afternoon is yours to continue your explorations and bask in the charming culture of this ancient city.
- Overnight in Syracuse. (Breakfast included)
Day 6 - Temple Valley of Agriento
- Moving away from Syracuse and heading onto the Sicilian capital of Palermo, you'll cruise past the ancient Temple Valley of Agrigento, a sprawling collection of artifacts and ruins where you'll have a 2 hour guided tour to explore this fascinating example of ancient history across the ages.
- After your morning of travel, you'll enjoy a fresh and seasonal lunch at a local taverna before continuing on to your hotel in Palermo for an evening to independently explore this crossroads of so many civilizations.
- Overnight in Palermo. (Breakfast and lunch included)
Day 7 - Palermo Walking and Wine Tasting Tour
- Today is your day to dive into Palermo and discover all that this complex and fascinating city has to offer you with the help of an expert local guide that will show you the real Palermo, from churches to piazzas.
- Along your walk you'll see some of the city's highlights like Quattro Canti, a baroque plaza surrounded by 4 18th century palaces, the Palermo Cathedral, which is an eclectiv blend of architectural styles after all the conquerors added their own touch, and the intricate Piazza Pretoria with its stunning central fountain.
- The night is yours to taste delicious local wines with an expert sommelier and relax before your departure and the end of the tour.
- Overnight in Palermo. (Breakfast included)
Day 8 - Departure
- Breakfast and transfer to Palermo airport. (Breakfast included)
If you have any questions about our 8 Days Highlights of Sicily Tour Package, please contact us. Our team is standing by and will be happy to help
Book 8 Days Highlights of Sicily Tour Package as a private tour, and customize the itinerary and locations for yourself, your family or a small group.