Arenal & La Fortuna 6 Day Tour Package Highlights
1Hike across the ancient lava fields and towering trees in Arenal Park
2Explore with local guides and specialists on every one of your tours
3Trek high above the forest floor across hanging suspension bridges
4Pick your own hotels from our carefully curated collection
5Tour a cocoa plantation where you can make and taste your own chocolate
6Raft down raging rapids on an adventure-filled day with an expert guide
Why we chose this tourOur Arenal & La Fortuna 6 Day Tour Package gives you an immersive set of adventures deep in the heart of some of Costa Rica's most stunning natural beauty, taking you to incredible spots like the Arenal Hanging Bridges, the Balsa River, Arenal Volcano National Park, La Fortuna Waterfall, a family-owned organic farm, a cocoa plantation, and more. Dive into the rich culture, cuisine, and charm of this area with local guides and specialists to lead your way on every experience, fitting an array of experiences into only a few days in this unforgettable area. This tour is available every day with seasonal variations and leaves with guaranteed departures.
Book With Tourist JourneyHand-Crafted Insider Experiences
Awesome Customer Service
Best Price Guaranteed
Small Group Size
Arenal & La Fortuna 6 Day Tour Package Itinerary
Day 1 - Arrival in Arenal or La Fortuna
- Once you've arrived, make your way to your hotel in La Fortuna or Arenal and take the evening to rest before your adventures begin!
- Overnight in Arenal or La Fortuna.
Day 2 - Arenal Hanging Bridges, La Fortuna Waterfall and Chocolate Tasting Experience
- Meet your guide at the lobby before driving out to the famous hanging bridges that will give you gorgeous panoramic views and get you up close to the verdant forest.
- Stop for a snack break with fresh tropical fruits, and keep your eye out for sloths, parrots, toucans, and marvelous orchids that live in these trees.
- Make your way back to the forest floor before continuing to La Fortuna Waterfall, and use some of your guide's ultra-HD equipment to snap some photos of the singular scenery.
- Make your way to the bottom of this canyon in the center of the rainforest, and swim in the crystal clear waters before heading out for your next adventure.
- Taste a traditional lunch at a local family-owned farm, and then drive out to one of the many cocoa plantations that fill the area.
- Take a guided tour of the grounds before making your own chocolate, and enjoying a tasting tour led by one of the on-site experts.
- At the end of the day, you'll be driven back to your hotel.
- Overnight in Arenal or La Fortuna (Lunch, snacks, bottled water, and a chocolate tasting included).
Day 3 - Free Day
- Take a day to rest in this piece of paradise, or make your way to some of the many hot springs that surround the area for an relaxing spa day.
- Overnight in Arenal or La Fortuna
Day 4 - Arenal Volcano Hike
- Head to the lobby to meet with your guide and then head to one of the 3 trails available on this tour: the Lava 1968 Reserve, Arenal Volcano National Park, or El Silencio Reserve.
- The first covers the area affected by the 1968 eruption, and brings you closest to the crater, though it is forbidden to reach the crater itself.
- The National Park option gives you the most comprehensive look at the park itself, from the dense forests to the expansive lava fields.
- El Silencio offers you the best chance to see some of the local wildlife, and winds through the rainforest itself over the remnants of ancient flows.
- No matter what experience you're looking for, each hike is around 2 hours to complete and moderately difficult.
- Each ends with a stop at a nearby family-owned farm for homemade food prepared on a traditional wood stove before you're taken back to your hotel.
- Overnight in Arenal or La Fortuna (Snacks and bottled water included).
Day 5 - Balsa River White Water Rafting
- Grab a change of clothes and head to the lobby to start your rafting and exploring adventure in the heart of the rainforest!
- Make your way through the gorgeous biodiversity of this small country on your way to the Balsa River, where you'll get your equipment and a safety briefing before getting on the water.
- Start your way down the plunging rapids, passing incredible scenery along the way, and maybe even spotting some of the monkeys that live in these trees.
- Stop for a snack break of some local fruits before continuing down the river, and paddling through some of the calmer waters as your adventure wraps up.
- Change back into your everyday clothes and then enjoy a homemade meal and a demonstration of how sugar cane is harvested.
- Learn the importance of this crop to wind up your day, and then drive back to your hotel for some rest.
- Overnight in Arenal or La Fortuna (Lunch and snacks included).
Day 6 - Departure
- On the last day of your tour package through Costa Rica, we wish you safe travels, wherever your journey takes you!
NB - all timings on Arenal & La Fortuna 6 Day Tour Package are approximate
Ask a Question
Have a question?
If you have any questions about our Arenal & La Fortuna 6 Day Tour Package, please contact us. Our team is standing by and will be happy to help
All touring and accomodation
Meals & drinks as mentioned above
Entrance fees: Hanging Bridges, La Fortuna Waterfall, White Water Rafting
All equipment for the White Water Rafting
Anything not mentioned above
Personal travel insurance
Each day will be led by an expert local guide to provide an enhanced experience along Tourist Journey's values.
You can choose your hotel from our hand-picked selection during the booking process.
The order of the days might change because we optimize the itinerary to provide the best experience.
The walk on the bridges is easy enough and the longest trail is of 3.2 kilometers (2 miles) and lasts 2 to 2,5 hours to complete
Volcano Hike: The trails reach a maximum of 2 miles long and will be hiked at a slow pace
The minimum age required for the package is 5 years old due to the Balsa River White Water Rafting Tour.