8 Day Ancient Greece Tour Package Highlights
01Discover the best of ancient Greece in and around the Greek capital city of Athens
02Explore the archaeological site of Delphi, well known as the center of the ancient world
03Explore 3 different nearby islands of Poros, Hydra and Aegina, each very different in style and character
04Each experience is led by a different handpicked insider expert
05Choose your hotel from our hand-picked selection centrally located Athens locations
06Discover a different side to Athens with our insider city tour
07Head to Cape Sounio, home to the temple of Poseidon
08Visit the UNESCO world heritage site of Meteora, famous for its monasteries and hermit caves
Why we chose this tourOur 8 Day Ancient Greece Tour Package crams in some of the most important archaeological and cultural sights in and around Athens in just over one week. You will see a different side to Athens with our insider tour, traveling around 5 different neighborhoods. Visit 2 UNESCO world heritage sites - Delphi and Meteora, marveling at their beauty and history. Spend time in Cape Sounio, which was first mentioned in Homer's Odyssey. And spend a day visiting 3 nearby islands, each one with a different history and character. Our 8 Day Ancient Greece Tour Package leaves with guaranteed departures.
Our 8 Day Ancient Greece Tour Package is perfect for anyone who wants to learn more about the birth of our modern civilization. You’ll be thrown into the ancient world, with its stunning architecture and fascinating culture. Each day will be led by a different insider expert. We handpick our guides based on their enthusiasm and knowledge, so you can really get under the skin of Athens and its nearby surroundings.
And don’t forget, you can handpick your own hotel from a stunning range in Athens, to ensure it perfectly suits your needs.
Book With Tourist Journey
- We hand-craft each tour package which we offer
- Each tour and experience is led by a true local expert full of passion
- Hassle-free experience promise. We take care of everything so you just have to enjoy
- Choose the hotels you stay at from our curated selection
- Great memories and the best stories guaranteed
- Easy booking, easy cancelation and best price guaranteed
8 Day Ancient Greece Tour Package Itinerary
Day 1 - Arrival in Athens
- Day one is reserved for your independent arrival in Athens. Check into your handpicked hotel and enjoy some rest and relaxation before your adventure begins.
Day 2 - Insider Athens City Tour
- Get to know Athens inside and out with an insider Athens city tour.
- Meet your guide and a small group in central Athens and head out on a whirlwind tour of the unknown Athens.
- Your guide will take you to 5 different neighborhoods, each with its own feel and atmosphere.
- Learn about the city's rich culture, from ancient times to the modern-day.
- This is the perfect way to start your Athens adventure, filled with knowledge about this diverse city.
- Spend the evening and overnight in Athens.
Day 3 - Delphi
- Discover the world-famous UNESCO world heritage site of Delphi and the Apollo temple, long considered the centers of the ancient world.
- We'll pick you up from a centralized Athens location and take you to one of the most famous archaeological sites in Greece.
- Skip the lines and enjoy a guided tour of the site with the monument of Argive Kings, the treasury of the Athenians, the Athenian Stoa, the Polygonal Wall, the monument of Platea, and the Temple of Apollo with the famous Oracle
- Stop at the Delphi Museum with its impressive collection of Delphi.
- Enjoy some free time for lunch before heading to Athena Pronaia Sanctuary. (Lunch is not included)
- Pass the scenic mountain village of Arachova on the way back to Athens, famous for their hand-woven textiles as well as their wine and cheese, before returning to Athens for the evening and overnight.
Day 4 - Free Day
- Day 4 is yours to with as you please! If the weather is favorable, you could head out to the Athenian Riviera. A large beach-lined area around 10 miles from the center of Athens, there are beaches to explore and crystal clear waters to swim in.
Day 5 - Cape Sounio
- Take a break from the hustle and bustle of Athens with our half-day Cape Sounio tour.
- We will pick you up from a centralized location in Athens before you head down the coast. Enjoy stunning views of the Athenian Riviera and the Agean sea as you go.
- You'll be treated to a guided tour of Cape Sounio, first mentioned in Homer's Odyssey.
- Discover the temple of Poseidon, where your guide will weave tales of ancient times, bringing this special monument to life.
- Head back to Athens for a free evening in the city.
Day 6 - Aegina, Poros & Hydra Cruise
- It's time to head to some of Athens' nearby islands!
- You'll be picked up from Athens before heading to the ferry port. Here, you'll sail across the beautiful Saronic Gulf to visit 3 different islands, each with a different feel.
- Stop at Poros where you'll have 2 hours of free time. Why not discover the colorful city and its famous clock tower.
- Onto Hydra where you'll have 1.5 hours to discover its dramatic landscape.
- Finally head to Aegina where you can explore on your own or choose an optional tour of the Temple of Aphaia (for an extra cost).
- Enjoy a traditional Greek folklore show and buffet lunch on the way back to Athens.
Day 7 - Meteora by Train
- Hop on a train from Athens train station and head to Meteora, a UNESCO world heritage site famous for its monasteries and hermit caves.
- Experience a retreat into the past with a guided tour of three of the monasteries, retreating into the past.
- Enjoy the astonishing views that happen around every corner.
- Visit the hermit caves of Badovas before heading back to Athens via train, for your final night in the city. (train tickets are included)
Day 8 - Departure
- Day 8 is reserved for your independent departure from Athens. Whether you are heading home or continuing your adventure, we hope you've had a marvelous time exploring all Athens and the surrounding area has to offer.
NB - all timings on 8 Day Ancient Greece Tour Package are approximate
Have a question?
If you have any questions about our 8 Day Ancient Greece Tour Package, please contact us. Our team is standing by and will be happy to help
All touring and accomodation
Entrance fees: Delphi, Temple of Poseidon (Cape Sounio)
Meteora: Round trip train tickets to/from Athens. Transportation to and from Kalampaka Train Station
Aegina, Poros, and Hydra Cruise: Tour leader on Board, Greek folklore show, Buffet - Lunch on board
Anything not mentioned above
Meteora: Entrance fees to the monasteries, 3 euro per person for each monastery
Cruise: Licensed Tour guide on the Islands & entrance fees
Personal travel insurance
Each day will be led by a local guide to provide an enhanced experience along Tourist Journey's values.
You can choose your hotel from our hand-picked selection during the booking process.
The order of the days might change because we optimize the itinerary to provide the best experience.
Meteora: Dresscode: sleeveless clothing and shorts over the knee for men are prohibited. For women, skirts below the knee are required in order to enter the monasteries. Cancellations and amendments received within 30 days of departure will incur a penalty which will be the price of train tickets. A small amount of walking is involved, but in the monasteries you will need to climb some stairs
Related Tours and Experiences
Mykonos Private Shore ExcursionGreece | 5 hour tour From $550 Per Group
Mykonos Small Group TourGreece | 4.5 hour tour From $105 Per Person
Mykonos Private Jeep TourGreece | 4 hour tour From $499 Per Group
Mykonos Private Guided TourGreece | 4.5 hour tour From $530 Per Group
Achilleion, Kanoni & Corfu Town Private TourGreece | 4 hour tour From $719 Per Group
Paleokastritsa Monastery, Kanoni & Corfu Town TourGreece | 4 hour tour From $689 Per Group
Santorini Wine Roads Sunset TourGreece | 4.5 hour tour From $179 Per Person
Craft Beer & Spirits Tasting Tour in SantoriniGreece | 4 hour tour From $149 Per Person
Greek Food & Wine Tasting Tour in SantoriniGreece | 4.5 hour tour From $199 Per Person
Santorini Insider TourGreece | 5 hour tour From $179 Per Person