13 Day Italy Food & Wine Journey Tour Package Highlights
01Eat and drink your way around 5 of Italy's most food and wine obsessed cities
02Taste wine in Frascati, Prosecco and Chianti
03Learn how to cook authentic Italian food under the tutelage of expert chefs
04Lunch in local trattorias and wineries
05Learn about the history and culture of each of the cities you visit with insider tours and experiences
06Choose your hotel from our hand-picked selection of quality options
07Each experience is led by a different handpicked insider guide
Why we chose this tourOur 13 Day Italy Food & Wine Journey Tour Package is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to experience the very best Italy has to offer when it comes to food and wine. You'll visit 5 of Italy's most food-obsessed cities - Rome, Florence, Venice, Verona, and Milan. Learn about the history of Rome and experience its premium wine region, Frascati. Take a foodie safari into Chianti from Florence, stopping at wineries and trattorias as you go. Experience a Tuscan market and make stunning foodie masterpieces from the ingredients you pick up. Take a local bar crawl in the backstreets of Venice. Head to Prosecco country and visit some of the best sparkling wine producers in Italy. See Lake Garda and eat delicious local delicacies in Verona. And learn how to make risotto, fresh pasta, and tiramisu in Milan. You'll be guided by an expert guide every step of the way to ensure this is an experience you absolutely will not forget. Our 13 Day Italy Food & Wine Journey Tour Package leaves with guaranteed departures.
Our 13 Day Italy Food & Wine Journey Tour Package is the ultimate foodie experience. Italy has an incredible food and wine scene, almost unrivaled anywhere else in the world, and this is your opportunity to dive headfirst into it. The experiences you’ll have on this 13 day tour will be like no others you’ve had before, largely down to the quality of our handpicked guides who will be with you at each experience. They range from locals to expert sommeliers, all of them passionate about their local area.
As well as all the food and wine experiences, you’ll also have a few tours around the cities you’ll be staying in, to ensure that you really get under the skin of Italy’s culture and history. Not only that, you get to choose your own hotel at the time of booking, to ensure it suits your every need. This will certainly be 13 days that you won’t forget.
- Hand-Crafted Insider Experiences
- Awesome Customer Service
- Best Price Guaranteed
- Easy Cancelation
13 Day Italy Food & Wine Journey Tour Package Itinerary
Day 1 - Arrival in Rome & City Tour
- Arrive in Rome and make your way to your hand-picked hotel.
- Spend the late afternoon discovering Rome with an insider Rome city tour.
- You'll meet your enthusiastic guide who will take you on a relaxed 3-hour walking tour around some of Rome's most famous sights.
- Visit the Piazza Barberini, the Spanish Steps, and Piazza Navona.
- See the Baroque Trevi fountain and do as thousands have done before you and make a wish!
- Return to your hotel to rest and relax.
Day 2 - Frascati Wine Tasting Tour
- Head out of Rome towards Frascati, famous for its wine production, where you'll be treated to a wine tasting tour and lunch at a historic winery.
- Meet your guide at the Frascati train station before heading on a walking tour of the town, complete with tastings of porchetta and biscotti pulled out of a wood-fired oven in Frascati's oldest bakery.
- Drive to a 7th generation-owned winery where you'll take a guided tour through the vineyards and winery.
- A local sommelier will be on hand to guide you through a wine tasting, complete with homemade bread and olive oil.
- Continue to a local trattoria for lunch with a spread that includes regional cured meats and cheeses, oils, bread, pasta, and wine.
- Return to Rome for a free evening to spend as you please. (Lunch & wine tasting included; train tickets are not included)
Day 3 - Roman Food Evening Tour
- The morning will be yours to do with as you please. Why not think about checking out MAXXI - Rome's contemporary art museum.
- In the evening, join an enthusiastic local chef in the trendy Trastevere district for a few hours of food and drink!
- Walk the neighborhood, stopping at shops where you'll get to indulge in local delicacies.
- Get to know the shop owners and locals as you traverse your way through this glorious district.
- Finally be whisked off to an exclusive central location for some fresh, homemade pasta.
- Return to your handpicked hotel for some well-deserved rest and relaxation! (Dinner included)
Day 4 - Florence
- Make your own way to Florence where your adventure will continue. Check into your hand-picked hotel before getting to know this glorious city in a night walking tour.
- Join your expert local insider as they take you around Florence at night; a spectacular sight.
- Marvel at the lit-up architecture whilst listening to your guide weave tales of Florence's past.
- Explore hidden gems and famous landmarks including the Piazza della Signoria, the Duomo and the Ponte Vecchio.
- Finish your tour, ready for dinner, drinks or just back to your hotel to rest up.
Day 5 - Taste of Chianti Back Roads Safari
- Head out of Florence towards the Chianti wine region for an adrenalin-filled 4x4 back road safari adventure!
- Eat and drink your way around this famous wine region, getting around in a customized 4x4 vehicle.
- Stop at family-owned wineries where you'll get to indulge in a little wine tasting with snacks such as bread, olive oil, cheese, and cured meats.
- Enjoy the breathtaking views of the vineyards whilst enjoying a delicious Tuscan lunch.
- Finally, have some time to explore the beautiful town of Greve before heading back to your hotel. (Lunch & tastings included)
Day 6 - Tuscan Market Tour
- Do as the locals do and visit a Tuscan market, followed by a cooking masterclass.
- You'll be picked up and taken to the scenic countryside where a market - and expert guide - awaits.
- Shop for fresh ingredients that you'll transform into culinary masterpieces during your cooking class.
- Head to a charming farmhouse where a local chef will teach you how to make traditional Tuscan food, from appetizer through to dessert.
- Master the secrets of homestyle cooking to recreate at home.
- Enjoy the fruits of your labor on the farmhouse terrace overlooking the gorgeous Tuscan hills.
- Head back to your hotel in Florence. (Lunch included)
Day 7 - Venice
- Make your own way to Venice and check into whichever fantastic hotel you've chosen at the time of booking.
- In the early evening, join a small group and knowledgeable foodie guide on a food and wine tour of Venice.
- Do as the locals do and wind your way through the local bars of Venice, sampling food and drink as you go.
- All snacks are local, fresh and traditional and will be paired with a glass of local wine.
- The tour finishes with a traditional Italian dessert, like Tiramisu.
- Head back to your Venetian hotel for some rest and relaxation. (Food & wine tasting included)
Day 8 - Venice Walking Tour
- Spend a couple of hours with a knowledgeable local expert, exploring all Venice has to offer.
- Begin the tour in the labyrinthine streets of Venice, visiting famous sights such as the Rialto bridge, and Piazza San Marco.
- Stroll through small, hidden streets before making your way to the Basilica, the city's largest church.
- A perfect way to get under the skin of Venice's rich and varied history.
- The afternoon is yours to use as you wish. Why not visit the atmospheric old Jewish quarter of Cannaregio in the north of Venice.
Day 9 - Prosecco Tasting Tour
- It's Prosecco time! This famous sparkling wine is made just outside Venice. Get whisked away from the hustle and bustle of the town, into the gorgeous surrounding countryside.
- Pass through some of the most famous Prosecco sub-regions including Valdobbiadene and Conegliano.
- Visit two of the region's best wineries. Discover their vineyards, wineries, and history.
- Taste your way through their wines, along with some local food delicacies before heading back to Venice to spend the evening any way you see fit. (Prosecco tasting included)
Day 10 - Verona, Lake Garda & the Countryside
- Meet your local guide who will drive you out of Venice towards Verona, Lake Garda, and the surrounding countryside.
- Stop at the charming seaside town of Sirmione on the shores of Lake Garda.
- Cruise across the lake, enjoying the panoramic views and taking in the fresh air.
- Make your way to Verona for a traditional lunch. Lunch will include homemade pasta, sauces, and other local delicacies.
- Walk to a small 'borgo' (village) and enjoy the countryside in all its glory.
- Return to Verona to check into your handpicked hotel. (Lunch included)
Day 11 - Risotto Cooking Class & Travel to Milan
- Spend the morning learning how to make Verona's famous dish, risotto!
- An expert local chef will be waiting for you in a kitchen in the heart of Verona who will be ready to share all their secrets of risotto making.
- Learn about the history of risotto, fresh pasta and tiramisu.
- Watch the chef prepare these dishes in a demonstrating, before giving it a go yourself.
- Learn insider tips for the perfect technique.
- Eat your masterpieces, paired with a delicious glass of local wine.
- After lunch, it's time to make your own way to Milan, to check into your world-class hotel.
Day 12 - Milan & Wine Tasting Tour
- Spend the morning discovering Milan for yourself. You could walk the canals of the trendy Navigli district, or visit the stunning Galleria Vittorio Emanuele II.
- The evening is dedicated to all things wine.
- Head to an off-the-beaten-track wine bar nestled in the heart of Milan where an expert sommelier awaits.
- They will walk you through the art of wine tasting and food and wine pairing.
- Enjoy a wide variety of wines along with local food delicacies.
- A fantastic way to while away a couple of relaxed hours, before heading back to your hotel for your final night in Milan. (Wine tasting in the evening included)
Day 13 - Departure
- Day 13 is reserved for your independent departure, full of knowledge, great food and great wine! This once-in-a-lifetime experience will surely give you treasured memories forevermore.
If you have any questions about our 13 Day Italy Food & Wine Journey Tour Package, please contact us. Our team is standing by and will be happy to help
Related Tours and Experiences
Best of Venice, Verona & Milan 9 Day Tour PackageItaly | 9 days package From $1,202 Per Person
Venice Food & Wine TourItaly | 3 hours tour From $89 Per Person
Venice Food & Market TourItaly | 3 hours tour From $89 Per Person
Catania Street Food Evening TourItaly | 3 hours tour From $55 Per Person
Palermo Wine Tasting TourItaly | 3 hours tour From $85 Per Person
Palermo Street Food Evening TourItaly | 3 hours tour From $55 Per Person
Palermo Street Food Morning TourItaly | 3 hours tour From $55 Per Person
Bonassola E-Bike Wine Tasting Tour from Levanto (Cinque Terre)Italy | 3 hours tour From $105 Per Person
Sensory Wine Tasting Experience in Manarola (Cinque Terre)Italy | 2 hours tour From $70 Per Person
Traditional Pesto Cooking Class in Manarola (Cinque Terre)Italy | 1 hour tour From $65 Per Person