An Italy Food & Wine Journey – 13 Day Tour Package Highlights
01Eat and drink your way around 4 of Italy's most food and wine obsessed cities
02Taste wine in Frascati, Prosecco and Chianti
03Learn how to cook authentic Italian food under the tutelage of expert chefs
04Lunch in local trattorias and wineries
05Learn about the history and culture of each of the cities you visit with insider tours and experiences
06Choose your hotel from our hand-picked selection of quality options
07Each experience is led by a different handpicked insider guide
Why we chose this tourOur shared love for Italian food and wine is no secret which is why we have created this Italy Food & Wine Journey, a 13 day tour package. Visiting some of Italy's most food-obsessed cities and regions, and packed full of food samplings, cooking workshops, wine tastings, and market tours, we are raising the bar with this trip. And aside from the food are interactions with locals, growers, chefs, and wine experts; stays at hand-picked hotels, including some of Italy's most iconic properties; and countless memories and flavors which will stay with you well after the tour ends. In fact, this package often leaves guests with two problems; firstly, raising their standards when they arrive home and go back to their local Italian restaurant; and secondly, annoying their friends with their level of knowledge when it comes to Italian food and wine. Available with guaranteed departures twice a week throughout the year, our Italy Food & Wine Journey is a unique experience we are proud to present you with.
Our 13 Day Italy Food & Wine Journey Tour Package is the ultimate foodie experience. You’ll visit 4 of Italy’s most food-obsessed cities – Rome, Florence, Venice, and Milan. Learn about the history of Rome through its iconic monuments, churches, squares, and of course, its food; experience its premium neighboring wine region, Frascati. Take a foodie safari into Chianti from Florence, stopping at wineries and trattorias as you go. Experience a Tuscan market and make stunning foodie masterpieces from the ingredients you pick up. Take a local bar crawl in the backstreets of Venice, and learn how to make exquisite local dishes with a Venetian chef. Head to Prosecco country and visit some of the best sparkling wine producers in Italy. And taste some of the delicious wines in Milan. You’ll be guided by an expert guide every step of the way to ensure this is an experience you absolutely will not forget. It’s no surprise that Italy’s food and wine scene are almost unrivaled anywhere else in the world, and this is your opportunity to dive headfirst into it. The experiences you’ll have on this 13-day tour will be like no others you’ve had before, largely down to the quality of our handpicked guides who will be with you at each experience. They range from locals to expert sommeliers, all of them passionate about their local area. As well as all the food and wine experiences, you’ll also have a few tours around the cities you’ll be staying in, to ensure that you really get under the skin of Italy’s culture and history. Not only that, you get to choose your own hotel at the time of booking, to ensure it suits your every need. This will certainly be 13 days that you won’t forget.
- We hand-craft each tour package which we offer
- Each tour and experience is led by a true local expert full of passion
- Hassle-free experience promise. We take care of everything so you just have to enjoy
- Choose the hotels you stay at from our curated selection
- Great memories and the best stories guaranteed
- Easy booking, easy cancelation and best price guaranteed
An Italy Food & Wine Journey – 13 Day Tour Package Itinerary
Day 1 - Arrival in Rome & Pizza Making Class
- Arrive in Rome and make your way to your hand-picked hotel.
- In the early evening you will meet your expert chef or "Pizzaiolo" in the heart of Rome
- After a short introduction to the art of traditional pizza-making, you will start creating your own pizza! You will learn more about combining the flavors and ingredients.
- At the end of the pizza making class you will have the chance to taste the fruits of your work paired with a glass of wine!
- Return to your handpicked hotel for some well-deserved rest and relaxation! (all food and drink on tasting tour included)
Day 2 - Frascati Wine Tasting Tour
- Head out of Rome towards Frascati, famous for its wine production, where you'll be treated to a wine tasting tour and lunch at a historic winery.
- Meet your guide at the Frascati train station before heading on a walking tour of the town, complete with tastings of porchetta and biscotti pulled out of a wood-fired oven in Frascati's oldest bakery.
- Drive to a 7th generation-owned winery where you'll take a guided tour through the vineyards and winery.
- A local sommelier will be on hand to guide you through a wine tasting, complete with homemade bread and olive oil.
- Continue to a local trattoria for lunch with a spread that includes regional cured meats and cheeses, oils, bread, pasta, and wine.
- Return to Rome for a free evening to spend as you please. (Lunch & wine tasting included; train tickets not included)
Day 3 - Rome City Tour
- Meet up with your local guide at a centralized meeting place and head to Rome's famed Colosseum, skipping the lines as you walk through the majestic Gladiator's Gate and in the footsteps of the fighters of old, across the area. Then explore the multiple levels of this architectural masterpiece on your own.
- Witness Hadrian's victory in Dacia memorialized in a serpentine bas-relief, then learn all about Caput Mundi's decline while taking in the Roman Forum archaeological site.
- Toss three coins into the iconic Trevi Fountain, the largest baroque fountain in the world.
- From there, you'll move on to Pantheon, formerly a pagan temple to local deities erected nearly 2,000 years ago, and one of the most incredible architectural wonders of Rome and the world!
- Take in the atmosphere at Piazza Navona as you wander past buskers and artists in the city's most beautiful square, and marvel at Bernini's Fountain of the Four Rivers. Don't forget to make a wish!
- After a quick break for lunch, join up with the group again to explore the Vatican. Marvel at the impressive architecture, as well as the priceless works of art by masters like Perugino, Giotto, Raphael, and Michelangelo in the Vatican Museum.
- Behold the breathtaking Sistine Chapel, then learn about how the Vatican and Swiss Guard were founded in St Peter's Square.
- Gain special access into St. Peter's Basilica, where the tour ends. You can feel free to spend more time there or head back to dinner and your hotel.
- Overnight in Rome.
Day 4 - Florence
- Make your own way to Florence where your adventure will continue. Check into your hand-picked hotel before getting to know this glorious city in a night walking tour.
- Join your expert local insider as they take you around Florence at night; a spectacular sight.
- Marvel at the lit-up architecture whilst listening to your guide weave tales of Florence's past.
- Explore hidden gems and famous landmarks including the Piazza della Signoria, the Duomo and the Ponte Vecchio.
- Finish your tour, ready for dinner, drinks or just back to your hotel to rest up.
Day 5 - Taste of Chianti Back Roads Safari
- Head out of Florence towards the Chianti wine region for an adrenalin-filled 4x4 back road safari adventure!
- Eat and drink your way around this famous wine region, getting around in a customized 4x4 vehicle.
- Stop at family-owned wineries where you'll get to indulge in a little wine tasting with snacks such as bread, olive oil, cheese, and cured meats.
- Enjoy the breathtaking views of the vineyards whilst enjoying a delicious Tuscan lunch.
- Finally, have some time to explore the beautiful town of Greve before heading back to your hotel. (Lunch & tastings included)
Day 6 - Tuscan Market Tour
- Do as the locals do and visit a Tuscan market, followed by a cooking masterclass.
- You'll be picked up and taken to the scenic countryside where a market - and expert guide - awaits.
- Shop for fresh ingredients that you'll transform into culinary masterpieces during your cooking class.
- Head to a charming farmhouse where a local chef will teach you how to make traditional Tuscan food, from appetizer through to dessert.
- Master the secrets of homestyle cooking to recreate at home.
- Enjoy the fruits of your labor on the farmhouse terrace overlooking the gorgeous Tuscan hills.
- Head back to your hotel in Florence. (Lunch included)
Day 7 - Venice
- Make your own way to Venice and check into whichever fantastic hotel you've chosen at the time of booking.
- In the early evening, join a small group and knowledgeable foodie guide on a food and wine tour of Venice.
- Do as the locals do and wind your way through the local bars of Venice, sampling food and drink as you go.
- All snacks are local, fresh and traditional and will be paired with a glass of local wine.
- The tour finishes with a traditional Italian dessert, like Tiramisu.
- Head back to your Venetian hotel for some rest and relaxation. (Food & wine tasting included)
Day 8 - Venice Walking Tour
- Spend a couple of hours with a knowledgeable local expert, exploring all Venice has to offer.
- Begin the tour in the labyrinthine streets of Venice, visiting famous sights such as the Rialto bridge, and Piazza San Marco.
- Stroll through small, hidden streets before making your way to the Basilica, the city's largest church.
- A perfect way to get under the skin of Venice's rich and varied history.
- The afternoon is yours to use as you wish. Why not visit the atmospheric old Jewish quarter of Cannaregio in the north of Venice.
Day 9 - Prosecco Tasting Tour
- It's Prosecco time! This famous sparkling wine is made just outside Venice. Get whisked away from the hustle and bustle of the town, into the gorgeous surrounding countryside.
- Pass through some of the most famous Prosecco sub-regions including Valdobbiadene and Conegliano.
- Visit two of the region's best wineries. Discover their vineyards, wineries, and history.
- Taste your way through their wines, along with some local food delicacies before heading back to Venice to spend the evening any way you see fit. (Prosecco tasting included)
Day 10 - Private Cooking Class with a Local
- Meet a Venetian home chef and head to their home kitchen to level up your culinary skills.
- Learn all about the fresh ingredients and what makes Venetian cuisine unique as you learn how to prepare an appetizer, main, and dessert under the guidance of your local teacher.
- Wrap up the experience with a delicious meal composed of the food you prepared, along with local wine and beverages.
- Take the recipes and skills home with you to impress your friends and family and revel in your Venetian memories!
- Overnight in Venice
Day 11 - Travel to Milan
- Today belongs to you! Take a last stroll in the magical streets of Venice or visit for example the Gallerie Academia before it's time to make your own way to Milan, to check into your world-class hotel.
- Overnight in Milan
Day 12 - Milan & Wine Tasting Tour
- Spend the morning discovering Milan for yourself. You could walk the canals of the trendy Navigli district, or visit the stunning Galleria Vittorio Emanuele II.
- The evening is dedicated to all things wine.
- Head to an off-the-beaten-track wine bar nestled in the heart of Milan where an expert sommelier awaits.
- They will walk you through the art of wine tasting and food and wine pairing.
- Enjoy a wide variety of wines along with local food delicacies.
- A fantastic way to while away a couple of relaxed hours, before heading back to your hotel for your final night in Milan. (Wine tasting in the evening included)
Day 13 - Departure
- Day 13 is reserved for your independent departure, full of knowledge, great food and great wine! This once-in-a-lifetime experience will surely give you treasured memories forevermore.
If you have any questions about our An Italy Food & Wine Journey – 13 Day Tour Package, please contact us. Our team is standing by and will be happy to help
Related Tours and Experiences
Private Cooking Class with a Local in VeniceItaly | 3 hour tour From $159 Per Person
Milan Countryside and Wine Tasting TourItaly | 6 hour tour From $279 Per Person
Polignano a Mare Stand Up Paddle ExperienceItaly | 1.5 hour tour From $40 Per Person
Otranto Coast Boat TourItaly | 4 hour tour From $105 Per Person
Homemade Orecchiette Cooking Class in ConversanoItaly | 3 hour tour From $99 Per Person
Mozzarella Tasting Tour in Martina Franca or ConversanoItaly | 1.5 hour tour From $89 Per Person
Martina Franca Wine Tasting ExperienceItaly | 1.5 hour tour From $40 Per Person
Insider Monopoli City TourItaly | 1.5 hour tour From $57 Per Person
Polignano A Mare Sea Caves Boat TourItaly | 1.5 hour tour From $39 Per Person
Insider Ostuni City TourItaly | 1.5 hour tour From $50 Per Person