Zagreb Food Tour Highlights
01Take an intimate 12 person tour while you discover Zagreb's treasures
02Stroll through the local green market and discover the best shops
03Enjoy the best of traditional and modern Croatian tastes and flavors
04Learn more about the people and customs of this stunning city
Why we chose this tourOur Zagreb Food Tour, limited to an intimate 12 participants, takes you through the vibrant streets and markets of this capital city to explore Croatia's history, culture, and cuisine. Taste local treats, delicious desserts, regional specialties, and other snacks as you dive into the local culture with the help of your expert guide. This tour is available every day and leaves with guaranteed departures.
Book With Tourist Journey
- Hand-Crafted Insider Experiences
- Awesome Customer Service
- Best Price Guaranteed
- Easy CancelationSmall Group Size
Zagreb Food Tour Itinerary
10:00 - Pickup from Zagreb
- Meet your guide at a centralized location in Zagreb.
Guided Food Tasting Tour of Zagreb
- Begin your immersion in Croatian culture and cuisine at the city's main meeting point, Ban Jelacic Square, an expansive space where the upper and lower city meet.
- Make your way to the Dolac Farmer's Market, a vibrant place filled with fresh produce, exotic ingredients, and hundreds of locals doing their daily shopping.
- As you wind your way through the stalls, you'll taste treats like burek, a flaky pastry with savory and sweet fillings, sir i vrhnje, homemade cottage cheese, and srdele i ćevapi, some of the local's favorite meat and fish dishes.
- Continue along your way, tasting sweet treats like štrukli, a unique traditional dessert, and Croatian chocolate that will blow your mind.
- Promenade along the streets of Skalinska, Tkalčićeva, Praška, and Petrinjska as you dive into the history of Zagreb and discover hidden treasures along the way with the help of your expert local guide.
- You'll also try traditional dishes from Istria and the Dalmatian coast, like regionally cured olives and pršut, a cured ham dish similar to prosciutto.
- By the time you're done, you'll have a better idea of how to navigate Croatia's capital and cuisine, and your guide will provide you with materials to help you decipher the difficult names and go back time and again to enjoy these culinary masterpieces.
- When the tour ends, you can go explore other locations recommended by the guide or head back to your hotel to fall into a food coma.
14:00 - Drop off at Zagreb
- You will be dropped off at the same location you were picked up from.
NB - all timings on Zagreb Food Tour are approximate
Ask a Question
Have a question?
If you have any questions about our Zagreb Food Tour, please contact us. Our team is standing by and will be happy to help
Fully guided tour
A glass of wine, beer or juice and water
Food tastings at 6 food spots with traditional Croatian dishes
Local farmer's market visit
Any additional drinks & meals
Personal travel insurance
What to Bring
Sunglasses & sunscreen
If you have any allergies or food restrictions, please let us know in advance
Related Tours and Experiences
13 Day Secrets of Croatia Tour PackageCroatia | 13 days package From $1,579 Per Person
7 Day Secrets of Zagreb & Istrian Coast Tour PackageCroatia | 7 days package From $650 Per Person
6 Day Split, Dubrovnik & Plitvice Lakes Tour PackageCroatia | 6 days package From $552 Per Person
Dubrovnik & Kotor 6 Day Tour PackageCroatia | 6 days package From $519 Per Person
Dubrovnik, Mostar & Kravice 5 Day Tour PackageCroatia | 5 days package From $440 Per Person
Insider Zadar City TourCroatia | 2 hours tour From $40 Per Person
Insider Zagreb City TourCroatia | 2 hours tour From $40 Per Person
Private Bike Trip at the Dubrovnik RivieraCroatia | 5 hours tour From $115 Per Person
Bike and Wine Tasting Private Tour from DubrovnikCroatia | 5 hours tour From $75 Per Person
Montenegro Private Tour from DubrovnikCroatia | 8 hours tour From $422 Per Person