Zagreb Food Tour Highlights
01Take an intimate 12 person tour while you discover Zagreb's treasures
02Stroll through the local green market and discover the best shops
03Enjoy the best of traditional and modern Croatian tastes and flavors
04Learn more about the people and customs of this stunning city
Why we chose this tourOur Zagreb Food Tour, limited to an intimate 12 participants, takes you through the vibrant streets and markets of this capital city to explore Croatia's history, culture, and cuisine. Taste local treats, delicious desserts, regional specialties, and other snacks as you dive into the local culture with the help of your expert guide. This tour is available every day and leaves with guaranteed departures.
Book With Tourist Journey
- We hand-pick each tour and experience which we offer
- Led by a true local expert full of passion
- Hassle-free experience promise. We take care of everything so you just have to enjoy
- Great memories and the best stories guaranteed
- Easy booking, easy cancelation and best price guaranteed
- Small Group Size
Zagreb Food Tour Itinerary
10:00 - Pickup from Zagreb
- Meet your guide at a centralized location in Zagreb.
Guided Food Tasting Tour of Zagreb
- Begin your immersion in Croatian culture and cuisine at the city's main meeting point, Ban Jelacic Square, an expansive space where the upper and lower city meet.
- Make your way to the Dolac Farmer's Market, a vibrant place filled with fresh produce, exotic ingredients, and hundreds of locals doing their daily shopping.
- As you wind your way through the stalls, you'll taste treats like burek, a flaky pastry with savory and sweet fillings, sir i vrhnje, homemade cottage cheese, and srdele i ćevapi, some of the local's favorite meat and fish dishes.
- Continue along your way, tasting sweet treats like štrukli, a unique traditional dessert, and Croatian chocolate that will blow your mind.
- Promenade along the streets of Skalinska, Tkalčićeva, Praška, and Petrinjska as you dive into the history of Zagreb and discover hidden treasures along the way with the help of your expert local guide.
- You'll also try traditional dishes from Istria and the Dalmatian coast, like regionally cured olives and pršut, a cured ham dish similar to prosciutto.
- By the time you're done, you'll have a better idea of how to navigate Croatia's capital and cuisine, and your guide will provide you with materials to help you decipher the difficult names and go back time and again to enjoy these culinary masterpieces.
- When the tour ends, you can go explore other locations recommended by the guide or head back to your hotel to fall into a food coma.
14:00 - Drop off at Zagreb
- You will be dropped off at the same location you were picked up from.
NB - all timings on Zagreb Food Tour are approximate
Have a question?
If you have any questions about our Zagreb Food Tour, please contact us. Our team is standing by and will be happy to help
Fully guided tour
A glass of wine, beer or juice and water
Food tastings at 6 food spots with traditional Croatian dishes
Local farmer's market visit
Any additional drinks & meals
Personal travel insurance
What to Bring
Sunglasses & sunscreen
If you have any allergies or food restrictions, please let us know in advance
Related Tours and Experiences
Flavors of Zadar Food TourCroatia | 3 hour tour From $99 Per Person
Flavors of Dubrovnik Food TourCroatia | 3 hour tour From $105 Per Person
Private Oyster & Wine Tasting Tour along Peljesac Peninsula from DubrovnikCroatia | 7 hour tour From $489 Per Group
Insider Zadar City TourCroatia | 2 hour tour From $40 Per Person
Insider Zagreb City TourCroatia | 2 hour tour From $40 Per Person
Private Bike Trip at the Dubrovnik RivieraCroatia | 5 hour tour From $129 Per Person
Bike and Wine Tasting Private Tour from DubrovnikCroatia | 5 hour tour From $119 Per Person
Montenegro Private Tour from DubrovnikCroatia | 8 hour tour From $422 Per Group
Mostar and Kravice Private Tour from DubrovnikCroatia | 10 hour tour From $504 Per Group
Dubrovnik Highlights & Cavtat Private Shore ExcursionCroatia | 6 hour tour From $351 Per Group