Xian Morning Food & Market Tour Highlights
01Taste the best breakfasts in Xian before they sell out at lunch
02Explore one of China's biggest and oldest markets in the morning
03Savor the best unique treats the ancient Muslim Quarter offers
04Visit family-owned restaurants, historic eateries, and everyday stalls
Why we chose this tourOur Xian Morning Food & Market Tour shows you a different side of Xian, the busy morning crowd comprised of locals savoring delicious breakfasts and selling their wares at the local market. You'll dive deep into Xian's history, taste unique flavors that come from centuries of melding cultures, and get a more authentic look at this city. This tour is available every Sunday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday and leaves with guaranteed departures.
Book With Tourist Journey
- We hand-pick each tour and experience which we offer
- Led by a true local expert full of passion
- Hassle-free experience promise. We take care of everything so you just have to enjoy
- Great memories and the best stories guaranteed
- Easy booking, easy cancelation and best price guaranteed
Xian Morning Food & Market Tour Itinerary
9:00 - Meet your guide in Xian
- Meeting Point: Xi Hua Men Fire Station, located located 1 city block north of the Bell Tower, just west of the intersection of Bei Da Jie Street and Xi Hua Men Street at 9 am
Guided Tour of Xian's Food and Market
- Once you've met your expert guide, you'll start your walk to a breakfast shop to taste some of Xian's best morning treats before they sell out, learning about the history of this ancient town and its fascinating Muslim Quarter.
- Taste savory beef pancakes, flavored with fennel and start anise and stuffed into a flaky layered bun, a unique 13-spice breakfast soup with meatballs and root vegetables, fresh and fried persimmon cakes, and the best noodles in all of Xian(or maybe the world).
- As you ramble the streets, you'll learn more about this town that the first Chinese Emperor called home and its history as a trading post.
- Make your way to one of the country's oldest, largest, and most diverse markets that sells everything from local art and fresh produce to pets and handmade crafts.
- You'll be more surprised by what you can't buy than what you can, and we're saving the biggest surprise for the end of your market excursion!
- Soak up the atmosphere in this busy morning market, tasting the blend of spices and cuisines that come from being such a culturally varied area, and marvel at the beauty and mystery of the Muslim Quarter, home to China's largest mosque.
- You'll discover a new side of Xian that few tourists ever see, and end your tour with a sweet treat that's sure to leave you wanting more!
12:00 - Drop off in Xian
- The tour ends at Xidajie Police Station, Xi Da Jie street, Xian.
NB - all timings on Xian Morning Food & Market Tour are approximate
Have a question?
If you have any questions about our Xian Morning Food & Market Tour, please contact us. Our team is standing by and will be happy to help
Fully guided tour
Unlimited food & drinks
Personal travel insurance
What to Bring
The tour minimum is 2 travelers. If this minimum is not met, the tour will be rescheduled.
Related Tours and Experiences
Chengdu & Leshan Giant Buddha 7 Day Package TourChina | 7 days package From $1,085 Per Person
Private Chengdu Cooking ClassChina | 4 hour tour From $69 Per Person
Chengdu Giant Panda Base Private Half Day TourChina | 3 hour tour From $65 Per Person
Terra Cotta Warriors Museum Private Half Day Tour from XianChina | 6 hour tour From $97 Per Person
Chengdu Panda Base & Mount Qingcheng Private TourChina | 8 hour tour From $105 Per Person
Chengdu Culture Private TourChina | 8 hour tour From $59 Per Person
Chengdu Foodie TourChina | 3 hour tour From $80 Per Person
Suzhou Private Tour from ShanghaiChina | 10 hour tour From $159 Per Person
Leshan Giant Buddha and Luocheng Ancient Town Private Tour from Chengdu by TrainChina | 12 hour tour From $171 Per Person
Best of Shanghai Private Day TourChina | 10 hour tour From $138 Per Person