World Heritage Site of Mahabalipuram Tour from Chennai Highlights
1Visit the magnificent Shore Temple, one of 7 pagodas that Marco Polo mentions in his visit from the 11th century
2See the rock cut architecture that abounds at this 8th century World Heritage Site
3Marvel at the spellbinding Pancha Rathas, 5 chariots cut directly from the rocks that built them
4Feast your eyes on Asia's largest bas-relief structure at Arjuna's Penance and the gravity defying boulder nicknamed Krishna's Butterball
Why we chose this tourOur World Heritage Site of Mahabalipuram from Chennai takes you to every corner of this magnificent region, showing you the natural wonders and man-made monoliths that have designated this area as a UNESCO World Heritage Site. You'll discover pagodas, temple, and ancient art, as well as the stories that surround this wonder with an expert local guide. This tour is available every day and leaves with guaranteed departures.
Book With Tourist JourneyHand-Crafted Insider Experiences
Awesome Customer Service
Best Price Guaranteed
World Heritage Site of Mahabalipuram Tour from Chennai Itinerary
7:30 AM Pickup from Chennai
- You will be picked up from your hotel in Chennai.
Guided tour of World heritage site of Mahabalipuram
- The first leg of your journey takes you to Pancha Rathas, rucl-cut monolithic structures that depict 5 chariots that are dedicated to the main characters of the Mahabharata Epic, one of two that is considered the foremost in ancient Indian Sanskrit epics.
- The next stop is Arjuna's Penance, a 30 by 15 meter bas relief depicting scenes from the same epic, which centers on the Ganges river and the local wildlife and landscapes, as well as Krishna's Butterball, a 5 meter boulder perched on a slope that seems to defy gravity, and definitely something you need to see for yourself!
- The last stop of the day is the Shore Temple, an 8th century constructed from granite and nicknamed the City of 7 Pagodas by Marco Polo, which served as long-standing beacon for history's seafarers.
Drop off in Chennai
- You will be dropped off at the same location you were picked up from.
NB - all timings on World Heritage Site of Mahabalipuram Tour from Chennai are approximate
Have a question?
If you have any questions about our World Heritage Site of Mahabalipuram Tour from Chennai, please contact us. Our team is standing by and will be happy to help
Transportation to and from Chennai
Fully guided tour
Indian vegetarian lunch
Personal travel insurance
What to Bring
NB: All times are approximate