Whale and Dolphin Watching Tour from Ponta Delgada Highlights
01Glide across the azure waters to enjoy the sights from a new angle
02Learn about the area's history from your friendly biologist guide
03Experience a close encounter with local whales and dolphins
04Keep an eye out for the 25 cetacean species that live nearby
Why we chose this tourOur Whale and Dolphin Watching Tour from Ponta Delgada is the perfect way to explore this corner of paradise in Portugal with the help of a friendly marine biologist and local captain. You'll have the chance to see endemic dolphins, whales, fish, and sea birds as you cruise through the azure waters of the Atlantic Ocean. This tour is available every day and leaves with guaranteed departures.
Book With Tourist Journey
- We hand-pick each tour and experience which we offer
- Led by a true local expert full of passion
- Hassle-free experience promise. We take care of everything so you just have to enjoy
- Great memories and the best stories guaranteed
- Easy booking, easy cancelation and best price guaranteed
Whale and Dolphin Watching Tour from Ponta Delgada Itinerary
8:30 or 11:00- Pickup from Ponta Delgada
- You will meet your group at a centralized location in Ponta Delgada.
Guided Whale & Dolphin Watching Boat Tour
- Leave Ponta Delgada behind on your boat, listening to the informative and entertaining briefing from your on-board biologist about the marvelous marine mammals that call these waters home.
- Learn how this area, traditionally famous for its whale-hunting, has become dedicated to whale watching, and hear the safety rules, how to best observe these animals, some local history, and the most common species you may see.
- All sorts of creatures, from sea turtles to Mink whales, bottlenose and Risso's dolphins, to sperm whales and common dolphins, all live in these sparkling waters.
- Discover the beauty and natural history of this area while biologists and nature lovers collect data along the expedition on this sapphire gem seated on the Atlantic between Portugal and North America.
- Depending on the season when you're visiting, you may be lucky enough to see migratory mammals like pilot blue, fin, or Sei whales, or some Atlantic spotted or striped dolphins.
- There's also a huge variety of sea birds and other marine life to keep you occupied while you wait for these gentle giants to appear beside your boat.
- After several hours on the sea, you'll be returned to the port at the end of your tour.
11:30 or 16:00 - Drop off at Ponta Delgada
- You will be dropped off at the same location you were picked up from.
NB - all timings on Whale and Dolphin Watching Tour from Ponta Delgada are approximate
Have a question?
If you have any questions about our Whale and Dolphin Watching Tour from Ponta Delgada, please contact us. Our team is standing by and will be happy to help
Marine biologist on board
Lunch & drinks
Personal travel insurance
What to Bring
Walking shoes & comfortable clothes
Water & snacks
Sunglasses & sunscreen
Swimsuit & towel
The tour is wheelchair accessible
Cancellations up to 48h before the tour, will receive a 95% refund. Cancellations up to 24h before the tour will be charged 50% of the total amount Cancelations less than 24h before the tour will be fully charged
Related Tours and Experiences
Douro Valley Wine Tasting Tour from PortoPortugal | 10 hour tour From $109 Per Person
Insider Lisbon City TourPortugal | 4 hour tour From $39 Per Person
Insider Porto City TourPortugal | 8 hour tour From $99 Per Person
Douro Valley, Wine Tasting and Panoramic Cruise on the Pinhão from PortoPortugal | 9 hour tour From $109 Per Person
Sintra Half Day Tour from LisbonPortugal | 4 hour tour From $69 Per Person
Sintra, Pena Palace, Cascais & Estoril Day Tour from LisbonPortugal | 9 hour tour From $89 Per Person
Lisbon Fado Experience and DinnerPortugal | 3.5 hour tour From $95 Per Person
Évora Wine Tasting Tour from LisbonPortugal | 10 hour tour From $89 Per Person
Fátima Tour from LisbonPortugal | 11 hour tour From $80 Per Person
Countryside & Vineyard Tour in the AlgarvePortugal | 8 hour tour From $50 Per Person