Via Ferrata “Hoz de Priego” Private Hiking & Climbing Adventure Tour from Madrid Highlights
01Experience the thrill of a climb on the limestone cliffs of the Hoz de Priego
02Traverse a canyon with walls that tower more than 300 meters tall
03Try via ferrata route in Cuenca, one of the country's most beloved outdoor areas
04Cross two hanging bridges that sit precipitously above the canyon
Why we chose this tourOur Via Ferrata “Hoz de Priego” Hiking & Climbing Adventure tour from Madrid is an adrenaline-pumping day of adventure high in the sky, surrounded by the fierce beauty of this rocky region. Just outside the capital is one of the country's best via ferrata routes, and you'll get to experience all the excitement that this unique activity brings! This tour is available every day and leaves with guaranteed departures.
Book With Tourist Journey
- We hand-pick each tour and experience which we offer
- Led by a true local expert full of passion
- Hassle-free experience promise. We take care of everything so you just have to enjoy
- Great memories and the best stories guaranteed
- Easy booking, easy cancelation and best price guaranteed
- Small Group Size
Via Ferrata “Hoz de Priego” Private Hiking & Climbing Adventure Tour from Madrid Itinerary
8:00 - Pickup from Madrid
- You will be picked up from Hotel Abba in central Madrid.
Guided tour of Via Ferrata “Hoz de Priego”
- The day begins by leaving Madrid behind and heading into the mountains for a day of adventure doing via ferrata, an exciting mix of alpine hiking and rock climbing!
- Your guide will explain to you how the process works, making sure your adventure high in the sky is as safe as it is thrilling, and then you'll get started.
- Begin with a vertical climb, clipping yourself onto the steel cables that run along the stairs and rungs that wind their way up the mountain.
- Enjoy the views below you as they get further and further away, becoming a rugged tapestry beneath your feet.
- Soon enough, you'll begin to move horizontally along the limestone cliffs of Hoz de Priego, one of the country's most exciting via ferrata routes.
- You'll end the day by crossing two different hanging bridges, and leaving the mountain to head back to Madrid and rest up for the rest of your journey.
14:00 - Drop off in Madrid
- You will be dropped off at the same location you were picked up from.
NB - all timings on Via Ferrata “Hoz de Priego” Private Hiking & Climbing Adventure Tour from Madrid are approximate
Have a question?
If you have any questions about our Via Ferrata “Hoz de Priego” Private Hiking & Climbing Adventure Tour from Madrid, please contact us. Our team is standing by and will be happy to help
Transportation to and from Hotel Abba
Via Ferrata guide
Introductory course on the techniques and safety of the via ferrata
Individual via ferrata equipment: helmet, harness, gloves, energy absorbing via ferrata kit, personal anchor system
Certified group gear: ropes, belay-devices, quickdraws & carabiners
Accident insurance and civil liability insurance
Lunch and drinks
Optional picnic pack: 20$ per person (Vegan or special food upon request)
Personal travel insurance
What to Bring
Mountain/Hiking boots or trail shoes
Mountain wear/Sport wear (according to the season)
Sunscreen & hat
Water and snacks
This activity could be restricted during raptors nesting period
No previous experience required
The minimum age required is 14 years old
Difficulty level: Moderate
Not recommended for pregnant women
Related Tours and Experiences
Gastronomy & Culture Private Tour in MadridSpain | 6 hour tour From $599 Per Group
Madrid Private Market TourSpain | 4 hour tour From $469 Per Group
Prado Museum Private Tour in MadridSpain | 3 hour tour From $289 Per Person
Madrid Off-the-Beaten Path & History Museum Private TourSpain | 4 hour tour From $309 Per Group
Madrid Royal Palace Private TourSpain | 3 hour tour From $289 Per Group
Private Madrid Insider TourSpain | 4 hour tour From $309 Per Group
Madrid Private Night Walking TourSpain | 4 hour tour From $309 Per Group
La Rioja Winery Tour from San SebastianSpain | 8 hour tour From $185 Per Person
French Basque Countryside and Sare Caves Tour from San SebastianSpain | 8 hour tour From $179 Per Person
Gernika, Mundaka, Urdaibai and Bermeo Tour from San SebastianSpain | 9 hour tour From $149 Per Person