Vatican, Vatacombs & Sistine Chapel Tour Highlights
1Visit the Vatacombs, the rarely seen underground tombs of former popes
2Save time when you skip the line with our insider pass
3Explore the stunning Raphael Rooms and Sistine Chapel
4Learn about the iconic works housed here from an art historian
Why we chose this tourOur Vatican, Vatacombs & Sistine Chapel Tour gives you a new look at this ancient masterpieces with skip the line passes for the Vatican Museum and St Peter's Basilica, and an expert art historian as your guide. Uncover beautiful sculptures and paintings as you dive into the history of this City State. This tour is available every Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, and Saturday, with seasonal variations, and leaves with guaranteed departures.
Awesome Customer Service
Best Price Guaranteed
Vatican, Vatacombs & Sistine Chapel Tour Itinerary
10:30 or 11:30 - Pickup from Rome
- You will be picked up from a centralized location in Rome. Please be 15 there minutes before departure.
Guided Tour of the Vatican Museum, St. Peter's Basilica, the Vatacombs & the Sistine Chapel
- Start your deep dive into the Vatican's art, history, and hidden treasures by heading to the center of Rome to meet your expert guide: an art historian specially trained in the works that fill the Vatican.
- Continue by walking to Vatican City to head through some security checkpoints and immerse yourself in the opulent art that fills these halls, maximizing your time inside by skipping the lines outside!
- You'll have a chance to visit the often missed underground Vatacombs- tombs for former popes that sit beneath the city streets.
- Spend over 3 hours discovering the stories that lie behind the sculptures, paintings, murals, and artifacts that line these hallowed walls, and take advantage of your experienced guide by asking any questions that come to mind.
- Study the Raphael Rooms as your guide walks you through their intriguing past, and marvel at the ancient Roman and Greek pieces that still stand.
- The day ends with an extensive tour through the stunning Sistine Chapel, admiring the work of Michelangelo from mere feet away.
- You'll have the rest of the day to explore on your own once the tour ends, and you'll still have a skip the line pass for St Peter's Basilica if you're up for some more discoveries!
13:30 or14:30 - Drop off at Rome
- The tour ends at Saint Peter's Square
If you have any questions about our Vatican, Vatacombs & Sistine Chapel Tour, please contact us. Our team is standing by and will be happy to help
Book Vatican, Vatacombs & Sistine Chapel Tour as a private tour, and customize the itinerary and locations for yourself, your family or a small group.