Vatican Dome Climb & Street Food Walking Tour in Rome Highlights
1Marvel at the alcoves, structures, and mosaics of St Peter's
2Taste local delicacies at Rome's hottest street food spots
3Climb to the top of St Peter's Basilica for unparalleled views
4Visit the underground papal crypts with an expert Vatican guide
Why we chose this tourOur Vatican Dome Climb & Street Food Walking Tour in Rome is a two part tour designed to give you free time to explore the Eternal City between some of the most fascinating factors of Roman history and culture. You'll dive into some of the most interesting legends that surround the city and enjoy incredible views above it all and then taste a variety of local delicacies. This tour is available every Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday, and Saturday and leaves with guaranteed departures.
Book With Tourist JourneyHand-Crafted Insider Experiences
Awesome Customer Service
Best Price Guaranteed
Vatican Dome Climb & Street Food Walking Tour in Rome Itinerary
8:00 - Pickup from Rome
- You will be picked up from the Tiare Fountain (Fontana delle Tiare), Rome. Please be 15 minutes before departure time at the meeting point.
Guided Tour of St Peter Basilica & Dome Climb
- Meet your guide at 7:45 am at the Fonta Delle Tiara, just below the Largo del Colonnato and in front of the pillars that ring St Peter's Square to begin your morning of climbing to the stop of the Basilica's brilliant dome.
- Once you've located your guide, holding a "When in Rome" sign, you'll begin the 551 step climb to the top, stopping to admire the sprawling city, rolling hills of Castelli Romani, and the sapphire Tyrrhenian Sea that stretch below you.
- You'll also take an elevator part of the way to ease the climb, and take a pause at the breathtaking summit to snap photos to memorialize this incredible moment.
- Make your way down for a quick rest before you dive into the art and history of the Basilica itself, admiring the architecture and the work of both Bernini and Michelangelo.
- Head even deeper with a visit to the underground necropolis and papal tombs that few visitors ever have the chance to see, and learn about this unique spot from your expert local guide.
- You'll have free time afterwards to explore on your own.
16:45 - Guided Food Tour
- Meet your guide again at 4:45 pm at the Fontana di S. Maria in the Trastevere neighborhood, famous as the newest and most vibrant bohemian district in the city.
- Eat your way across the area, stopping for 10 different tastings of local delicacies and learning about the traditional cuisine from your guide.
- When the tour ends, you can head back to your hotel for a very well-deserved evening of rest!
19:00 - Drop off at Rome
- The tour ends at Via del Governo Vecchio,Rome.
NB - all timings on Vatican Dome Climb & Street Food Walking Tour in Rome are approximate
Ask a Question
Have a question?
If you have any questions about our Vatican Dome Climb & Street Food Walking Tour in Rome, please contact us. Our team is standing by and will be happy to help
Availability and Pricing
Fully guided part-elevator / part-stairs tour to the summit of St. Peter's Dome
St. Peter Basilica Tour with an expert Vatican Tour Guide
Entrance fees at the Vatican
Friendly local foodie guide
Food and drinks on the second half of the tour
Personal travel insurance
What to Bring
Sunglasses & sunscreen
All shoulders and knees must be covered for men, women, and children. Refunds will not e given for inappropriate dress and sharp objects or weapons will not be allowed inside.
Around the Vatican's religious holidays, alteration may become necessary and refunds will not be awarded.