Valley of Thor Jeep Tour from Reykjavik Highlights
1Explore Thorsmork Valley (The Valley of Thor) by Super Jeep
2Visit some beautiful glaciers, such as Myrdalsjokull and Gigjokull
3Experience the breathtaking Stakkholtsgjá canyon - a Game of Thrones filming location
4Discover the Eyjafjallajokull Volcano
Why we chose this tourOur Valley of Thor Jeep Tour from Reykjavik takes you on a thrilling adventure through the Thorsmork valley, a lushly vegetated mountain valley named after Thor, the Viking God of Thunder. You'll traverse deep glacial rivers and rugged terrain in a highly-modified 4 x 4 Super Jeep - allowing you to explore Iceland's pristine wilderness, largely inaccessible to most travelers. Fans of the HBO hit-series Game of Thrones will be delighted to visit the breathtaking Stakkholtsgja canyon, a filming location for some of the shows iconic scenes.
Our Valley of Thor Jeep Tour from Reykjavik is available every Monday, Wednesday, Friday, and Sunday – taking you on a captivating adventure through Iceland’s wilderness. Begin by driving southeast through the mountain pass of Hellisheiði Plateau, toward Iceland’s south coast. You’ll make a short stop at Hvolsvöllur to admire the views and purchase coffee and snacks. Next, you’ll visit the stunning 60-meter Seljalandsfoss waterfall, one of Iceland’s 10 most photographed natural wonders.
After, you’ll explore Gígjökull, one of the outlet glaciers of the Eyjafjallajökull volcano. In 2010, the volcano erupted, destroying the agricultural region around it and halting air traffic in Europe. Then head to Stakkholtsgjá – a 2 kilometre canyon and filming location for HBO’s hit-series Game of Thrones. Then head to the Super Jeep playground of Thorsmork, the scenic valley of Thor, to immerse yourself in unspoiled nature.
The Valley of Thor Jeep Tour starts and ends in Reykjavík with guaranteed departures.
Awesome Customer Service
Best Price Guaranteed
Valley of Thor Jeep Tour from Reykjavik Itinerary
8:30-9:00 Pickup from Reykjavík
- We will pick you up from 4 centralized pick up locations
Super Jeep Experience
- On the way to the Valley of Thor you will stop at the Seljalandsfoss waterfall
- The next stop on the way to Thorsmork is Gígjökull, one of the outlet glaciers of the Eyjafjallajökull volcano
- Explore the breathtaking Stakkholtsgjá canyon, one of the film locations of Game of Thrones
- Discover the scenic Valley of Thor
- The last stop on the way back to Reykjavík will be Nauthúsagil ravine is a true hidden gem of Iceland’s South Coast
18:00 Drop off in Reykjavík
- You will be dropped off at the same location you were picked up from
If you have any questions about our Valley of Thor Jeep Tour from Reykjavik, please contact us. Our team is standing by and will be happy to help