Vallarta Insider Tour Highlights
01Visit the magnificent Vallarta Marina and appreciate the art embodied in the sculptures and statues
02Sightsee the Vallarta Mangroves and see crocodiles as well as other flora and fauna
03Enjoy a historic center tour including a trip to City Hall and the oldest church in the city
04Head to the subtropical rainforest for a traditional Mexican dish and tequila tasting
Why we chose this tourOur Vallarta Insider Tour gets right under the skin of this historic city and surrounding areas. Meet your experienced local guide and join them as they tour you around the historic city center, with its churches and City Hall, complete with art and sculptures. Head out into the mangrove forests where you might catch a glimpse of a crocodile as well as migratory birds and other indigenous flora and fauna. And finally, taste delicious Mexican traditional food in a subtropical forest, complete with Tequila tasting. Our Vallarta Insider Tour leaves every Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, and Saturday with guaranteed departures.
Beautiful, historic Vallarta is worth getting to know, and our Vallarta Insider Tour is the perfect way to do so. There is a great mix in this tour of culture, food, history, and art, all of which melds together for the perfect few hours. We handpick our guides based on their knowledge and enthusiasm for the place they choose to call home, so you’ll be sure to have a fantastic time with them. The traditional Mexican food and Tequila tasting is a particular highlight, especially for anyone with an interest in Mexican cuisine. A perfect day out.
Book With Tourist Journey
- We hand-pick each tour and experience which we offer
- Led by a true local expert full of passion
- Hassle-free experience promise. We take care of everything so you just have to enjoy
- Great memories and the best stories guaranteed
- Easy booking, easy cancelation and best price guaranteed
Vallarta Insider Tour Itinerary
8:30 - Pickup from Puerto Vallarta & Nuevo Vallarta
- You will be picked up from centralized hotels in the Puerto Vallarta area.
09:00 - Guided Tour of Vallarta
- Discover the magnificent Vallarta with your local guide. One of the most beautiful and historical spots in Mexico
- Begin with Puerto Vallarta’s beautiful marina. Visit the vast mangroves where the indigenous flora and fauna offer a beautiful natural spectacle, an orchestra of migratory birds, and river crocodiles.
- Tour around the heart of the city including the Church of Our Lady of Guadalupe, the oldest brick building in the city and primary religious sanctuary for the Catholic faith. Head towards the City Hall where your guide will weave tales around its art, statues, and sculptures made by renowned artists like Mathis Lidice.
- Head towards the subtropical rainforest of the Sierra Madre where you'll be treated to a delicious traditional Mexican dish as well as a Tequila tasting! Enjoy some relaxation time before heading back to your hotel.
14:00 - Drop off at Puerto Vallarta & Nuevo Vallarta
- You will be dropped off at the same location you were picked up from.
NB - all timings on Vallarta Insider Tour are approximate
Have a question?
If you have any questions about our Vallarta Insider Tour, please contact us. Our team is standing by and will be happy to help
Transportation to and from your hotel
Fully guided tour
Lunch (1 Traditional Dish & Mango Tasting)
Personal travel insurance
What to Bring
Comfortable clothing and walking shoes
Eco-friendly sunblock, sunglasses & hat
Cash for tips and shopping
The minimum age required for the tour is 5 years old.
Related Tours and Experiences
Private Cooking Class in MéridaMexico | 6 hour tour From $29 Per Person
Private Teotihuacan Insider City TourMexico | 9 hour tour From $39 Per Person
Private Mexico City Street Food TourMexico | 5 hour tour From $29 Per Person
Private Hidden Mexico City TourMexico | 7 hour tour From $29 Per Person
Vallarta Tequila & Taco Tasting TourMexico | 4 hour tour From $85 Per Person
Vallarta Taco & Street Food Tasting TourMexico | 3 hour tour From $59 Per Person
Vallarta Bike & Food Tasting TourMexico | 3.5 hour tour From $60 Per Person
Vallarta Downtown Food TourMexico | 3.5 hour tour From $55 Per Person
Jungle Mountain Bike & Adventure Private Tour from TulumMexico | 7 hour tour From $130 Per Person
Jorullo Bridge ATV Experience from Puerto VallartaMexico | 3 hour tour From $119 Per Person