Vallarta Downtown Food Tour Highlights
01Meet local food heroes with 8 different stops
02Explore Vallarta's most important sites, such as the old town, Rio Cuale, Guadalupe church, Malecon, and more.
03Enjoy regional delicacies while meeting new friends
04Learn how to dress a taco the local way
Why we chose this tourOur Vallarta Downtown Food Tour is the perfect way to get right under the skin of local Mexican cuisine. You'll meet your friendly local guide and a group of like-minded travelers before heading to no less than 8 iconic food stops on your culinary adventure. Learn the secrets and history behind each dish and restaurant while trying the best cuisine Vallarta has to offer. Learn how to dress a taco the local way, marvel at some of the key historical sights along the way, and meet local food heroes as you dive deep into Vallarta's food culture. Our Vallarta Downtown Food Tour leaves every day with guaranteed departures.
Our Vallarta Downtown Food Tour is not to be missed if you are vacationing in Vallarta. We handpick our guides based on their enthusiasm and local knowledge so you will be in the very best of hands. What’s more, we keep our group numbers small (in this case, there will be no more than 8 people on the experience) to further personalize the tour. Food is so very important to Mexican culture, so this is guaranteed to be an informative, fun, and exciting experience for all.
Book With Tourist Journey
- We hand-pick each tour and experience which we offer
- Led by a true local expert full of passion
- Hassle-free experience promise. We take care of everything so you just have to enjoy
- Great memories and the best stories guaranteed
- Easy booking, easy cancelation and best price guaranteed
- Small Group Size
Vallarta Downtown Food Tour Itinerary
10:30 - Pickup from Puerto Vallarta
- Meet your guide at a centralized location in Puerto Vallarta
Guided Downtown Food Tour
- Meet your local guide and small group for a 3.5-hour walking excursion to downtown Vallarta.
- Your guide will take you to 8 different tasting locations and stalls, each of them showcasing the best of Vallarta cuisine.
- You'll taste some tacos for sure, but this tour goes beyond the usual. Expect to try mole enchiladas, ceviche tostada, soups, regional chocolate, seafood tacos, and a birria taco from one of the best taco stands in Vallarta.
- Learn the stories behind the food including the history of each stop and dish.
- Learn how to dress a taco in the local way and enjoy marveling at some important historical sights as you head around Vallarta town.
14:30 - Drop off at Puerto Vallarta
- The tour will end at Gaby's Restaurant Bar in Puerto Vallarta
NB - all timings on Vallarta Downtown Food Tour are approximate
Have a question?
If you have any questions about our Vallarta Downtown Food Tour, please contact us. Our team is standing by and will be happy to help
Fully guided tour
8 Food tastings
Tasting map with insiders recommendations
Personal travel insurance
What to Bring
Comfortable shoes & clothes
We CAN provide substitutions for gluten free, nuts and seafood allergies on this tour. Please check with us about other allergies or aversions. The tour is not suitable for Vegans.
Related Tours and Experiences
Private Cooking Class in MéridaMexico | 6 hour tour From $29 Per Person
Private Teotihuacan Insider City TourMexico | 9 hour tour From $39 Per Person
Private Mexico City Street Food TourMexico | 5 hour tour From $29 Per Person
Private Hidden Mexico City TourMexico | 7 hour tour From $29 Per Person
Vallarta Tequila & Taco Tasting TourMexico | 4 hour tour From $85 Per Person
Vallarta Taco & Street Food Tasting TourMexico | 3 hour tour From $59 Per Person
Vallarta Bike & Food Tasting TourMexico | 3.5 hour tour From $60 Per Person
Jungle Mountain Bike & Adventure Private Tour from TulumMexico | 7 hour tour From $130 Per Person
Jorullo Bridge ATV Experience from Puerto VallartaMexico | 3 hour tour From $119 Per Person
Marieta Islands tour from Puerto VallartaMexico | 7 hour tour From $89 Per Person