Uxmal & Kabah Tour from Mérida Highlights
1See over 300 faces of the rain god Chaac on ancient Maya temples
2Explore the Choco Museum, learning about the sacred role of cacao
3Wander through the ruins of two of the most famous Puuc sites
4Enjoy lunch in a lush garden restaurant nestled between these sites
Why we chose this tourOur Uxmal & Kabah Tour from Mérida takes you away from the city to explore two Puuc-style Mayan sites, both of which are renowned for their contributions to modern archaeology and our understanding of the Maya people. Visit a museum detailing the role that sacred cacao played, learn about how colonial forces disrupted the area, admire unique pieces of art and stone carvings, and enjoy lunch at a nearby resort nestled between the lush forests of the area to end your day of discovery. This tour is available every day and leaves with guaranteed departures.
Book With Tourist JourneyHand-Crafted Insider Experiences
Awesome Customer Service
Best Price Guaranteed
Uxmal & Kabah Tour from Mérida Itinerary
8:00-8:30 - Pickup from Mérida
- You will be picked up from your hotel in Mérida.
Guided Tour of Uxmal & Kabah
- Meet your guide in Mérida and take a short drive to the Maya archaeological site of Uxmal, one of the most important sites from Maya Culture and a UNESCO World Heritage Site, whose name means "Thrice Built".
- Abandoned in 1450 CE, the ruins are nestled in the Puuc hills, a name which also designates the lowland architectural style that dominates the site, characterized by limestone walls, horizontal lines, and intricate carvings of the rain god Chaac.
- Visit some of the site's most impressive attractions, including the Magician's Pyramid, the Governor's Palace, the intricate Dove's Temple, and the massive Nun's Quadrangle, hearing their legends and history from your expert guide.
- All of the structures are decorated in the typical Puuc style, ornamented with geometric shapes and masks of the rain god Chaac, who was considered one of the most important and powerful deities.
- Once you've admired all of the area's highlights, visit the Choco Museum, an exhibit dedicated to exploring the sacred connection between Cacao and the Mayan people.
- After, it's time for lunch at the Hacienda Uxmal or the gardens at the Lodge of Uxmal, surrounded by singular Mayan palapas, and a visit to the hotel's Explorer's Gallery that documents the areas colonial history.
- Finish your meal and then drive to Kabah, another Puuc-style city that thrived around the year 800 CE and was the second-largest Puuc religious center.
- This is one of the few sites that's still known by its original Maya name, "The Powerful Hand", and shows off some very rare 3-D human figures, as well as massive pyramids and soaring arches.
- Admire the 300 faces of Chaac that adorn the Palace of the Masks, discovering how they came to be there from your guide before enjoying some free time at the Hacienda Uxmal Hotel.
- Here, you can relax in the gardens bursting with flowers and giant green plants, or take a swim in the nearby pools before returning to your hotel.
17:00 - Drop off at Mérida
- You will be dropped off at the same location you were picked up from.
NB - all timings on Uxmal & Kabah Tour from Mérida are approximate
Ask a Question
Have a question?
If you have any questions about our Uxmal & Kabah Tour from Mérida, please contact us. Our team is standing by and will be happy to help
Availability and Pricing
Transportation to and from your hotel in Mérida
Fully guided tour
Lunch at Mayaland Hotel Restaurant
Visit to Choco Story Museum
Access to the Explorers Gallery
Entrance fees to Uxmal and Kabah - $27 USD per person approximately
Personal travel insurance
What to Bring
Sunglasses & sunscreen
Swimming suit & towel
The minimum age required is 5 years old