Unknown Gaudí, Tapas & Cava Winery Tour from Barcelona Highlights
1Explore the works of Gaudí that sit outside of Barcelona
2Take an intimate tour of 16 travelers with an expert guide
3Learn how Cava is made at a historical winery in the countryside
4Savor traditional tapas that include regional delicacies
Why we chose this tourOur Unknown Gaudí, Tapas & Cava Winery Tour from Barcelona, limited to an intimate 18 people, introduces you to a hidden architectural masterpiece in a unique textile community and the fascinating origins of cava in its mother region. You'll learn why Gaudí never completed this work and the different styles that helped create this stunning half-finished church and then dive into the production and history of cava before tasting some for yourself. This tour is available every day and leaves with guaranteed departures.
Book With Tourist JourneyHand-Crafted Insider Experiences
Awesome Customer Service
Best Price Guaranteed
Small Group Size
Unknown Gaudí, Tapas & Cava Winery Tour from Barcelona Itinerary
11:15 - Pickup from Barcelona
- Meet your guide at a centralized location in Barcelona.
Guided Tour of Colònia Güell and Crypt & Cava Tasting Experience
- Today is your day to discover two very different treasures just outside of Barcelona: locally made cava and hidden works by Antoni Gaudí.
- Start with your visit to the Colonia Güell, an old textile colony built by the Catalan bourgeoisie family of Güell around their industrial operations.
- Gaudí was commissioned to build an incredible church here that resembled La Sagrada Familia, but halfway through construction, the count died and the family halted construction, leaving a half-finished masterpiece behind.
- You'll experience the full splendor of Modernism, the Catalan answer to Art Nouveau's global popularity, and walk through the finished crypt for a guided tour that details the work and history of this area.
- After this dive into architecture, make your way to a historic wine estate to taste some Catalan specialties and tour a working vineyard from top to bottom.
- Can Bonastre is located in the heart of the DO Penedès, widely known as cava's mother region, and a working winery since the 16th century.
- You'll wander the old house and see their quaint boutique hotel before heading out to the vineyards to learn more about how the Mediterranean weather helps produce these famous grapes and visit their extensive cellar.
- Taste 3 of their best products alongside traditional Catalan tapas with the help of your expert guide, and then return to Barcelona after a day of exploration and discovery.
17:30 - Drop off at Barcelona
- You will be dropped off at the same location you were picked up from.
NB - all timings on Unknown Gaudí, Tapas & Cava Winery Tour from Barcelona are approximate
Have a question?
If you have any questions about our Unknown Gaudí, Tapas & Cava Winery Tour from Barcelona, please contact us. Our team is standing by and will be happy to help
Transportation to and from Barcelona in a shared transportation (with other groups) in an air-conditioned bus
Local English speaking-guide
Tickets to Colònia Güell and Gaudí’s Crypt
Guided visit to Colònia Güell and Crypt (1:30 hour)
Brief free time in Colònia Güell (around 15 min)
Class of Cava & snack in Colònia Güell
Guided visit to boutique cava cellar and 3 wine tastings. Spanish tapas selection accompanying the tasting. Possibility to buy the wines tasted (shipping available)
Health insurance for every passenger
Hotel pick-up and drop off
Personal travel insurance
What to Bring
Walking shoes & comfortable clothes
Sunglasses & sunscreen
Please inform us if you have any food restrictions
Children under 3 years can join for free, but please note that no car seats or meals are provided
The tour is unfortunately not wheelchair accessible