1Stroll through vineyards, learning about how wine is made from harvest to bottling
2Explore every aspect of an expansive local vineyard
3Learn how these unique regional wines are created and sold
4Taste some of the best products, accompanied by delicious local treats
Why we chose this tourOur Txakoli Wine Tasting Tour from Bilbao takes you into the heart of Bilbao's old town before heading to the outskirts of the city to visit a vineyard producing the singular Txakoli wine. Learn the secrets of producing this wine, and how to discern the best of the best from a oenologist while overlooking the bucolic countryside around you and tasting their incredible products. This tour is available every day and leaves with guaranteed departures.
Awesome Customer Service
Best Price Guaranteed
Small Group Size
Itinerary - Txakoli Wine Tasting Tour from Bilbao
Pickup from Bilbao
- Meet your guide at a centralized location in Bilbao.
Guided Txakoli Wine Tasting Tour
- Begin your tour in the timeless heart of Bilbao in Casco Viejo, or the Seven Streets: the old town of the city that's been revamped since the floods of 1983 and is now home to broad pedestrian walkways, classic markets, modern architecture, and a dizzying array of bars and restaurants serving Basque cuisine.
- Stroll the streets, discovering the Catedral de Santiago, the Church of Saint Anton, the old market, the Municipal Library of Bidebarrieta, and Plaza Nueva, that hosts everything from weekly markets to fair and festival days.
- Leave Bilbao behind and journey to a local vineyard to enjoy the endless scenic vistas and learn more about the production of Txakoli, a white wine only made in this region.
- The vineyard tour will be led by a oenologist, guiding you through the secrets of making traditional txakoli and the taste, texture, and smell of this unique wine.
- Visit the wine cellars, learning about the innovative techniques they've employed while maintaining the traditions of regional wine making in this area that creates such an incredible product.
- Only 10 minutes from the airport, you'll wander through the vineyards themselves, learning how wine is made from harvest from bottling.
- You'll end the day with a tasting of their wines alongside a sommelier, and these delicious drinks will be paired with pintxos made solely from local ingredients before you return to the city.
Drop off in Bilbao
- You will be dropped off at the same location you were picked up from.
If you have any questions about our Txakoli Wine Tasting Tour from Bilbao, please contact us. Our team is standing by and will be happy to help
Book Txakoli Wine Tasting Tour from Bilbao as a private tour, and customize the itinerary and locations for yourself, your family or a small group.