Private Txakoli Wine Tasting Tour from Bilbao Highlights
01Stroll through vineyards, learning about how wine is made from harvest to bottling
02Explore every aspect of an expansive local vineyard
03Learn how these unique regional wines are created and sold
04Taste some of the best products, accompanied by delicious local treats
Why we chose this tourOur Private Txakoli Wine Tasting Tour from Bilbao takes you into the heart of Bilbao's old town before heading to the outskirts of the city to visit a vineyard producing the Txakoli wine. Learn the secrets of producing this wine, and how to discern the best of the best from a oenologist while overlooking the bucolic countryside around you and tasting their incredible products. This tour is available every day and leaves with guaranteed departures.
Book With Tourist Journey
- We hand-pick each tour and experience which we offer
- Led by a true local expert full of passion
- Hassle-free experience promise. We take care of everything so you just have to enjoy
- Great memories and the best stories guaranteed
- Easy booking, easy cancelation and best price guaranteed
- Small Group Size
Private Txakoli Wine Tasting Tour from Bilbao Itinerary
Pickup from Bilbao
- You will be picked up at your hotel in Bilbao
Guided Txakoli Wine Tasting Tour
- Begin your tour in the timeless heart of Bilbao in Casco Viejo, or the Seven Streets: the old town of the city that's been revamped since the floods of 1983 and is now home to broad pedestrian walkways, classic markets, modern architecture, and a dizzying array of bars and restaurants serving Basque cuisine.
- Stroll the streets, discovering the Catedral de Santiago, the Church of Saint Anton, the old market, the Municipal Library of Bidebarrieta, and Plaza Nueva, that hosts everything from weekly markets to fair and festival days.
- Leave Bilbao behind and journey to a local vineyard to enjoy the endless scenic vistas and learn more about the production of Txakoli, a white wine only made in this region.
- The vineyard tour will be led by a oenologist, guiding you through the secrets of making traditional txakoli and the taste, texture, and smell of this unique wine.
- Visit the wine cellars, learning about the innovative techniques they've employed while maintaining the traditions of regional wine making in this area that creates such an incredible product.
- Only 10 minutes from the airport, you'll wander through the vineyards themselves, learning how wine is made from harvest from bottling.
- You'll end the day with a tasting of their wines alongside a sommelier, and these delicious drinks will be paired with pintxos made solely from local ingredients before you return to the city.
Drop off in Bilbao
- You will be dropped off at the same location you were picked up from.
NB - all timings on Private Txakoli Wine Tasting Tour from Bilbao are approximate
Have a question?
If you have any questions about our Private Txakoli Wine Tasting Tour from Bilbao, please contact us. Our team is standing by and will be happy to help
Transportation to and from Bilbao
Fully guided tour
Personal travel insurance
What to Bring
The minimum age required is 18 years old
Related Tours and Experiences
Gastronomy & Culture Private Tour in MadridSpain | 6 hour tour From $599 Per Group
Madrid Private Market TourSpain | 4 hour tour From $469 Per Group
Prado Museum Private Tour in MadridSpain | 3 hour tour From $289 Per Person
Madrid Off-the-Beaten Path & History Museum Private TourSpain | 4 hour tour From $309 Per Group
Madrid Royal Palace Private TourSpain | 3 hour tour From $289 Per Group
Private Madrid Insider TourSpain | 4 hour tour From $309 Per Group
Madrid Private Night Walking TourSpain | 4 hour tour From $309 Per Group
La Rioja Winery Tour from San SebastianSpain | 8 hour tour From $185 Per Person
French Basque Countryside and Sare Caves Tour from San SebastianSpain | 8 hour tour From $179 Per Person
Gernika, Mundaka, Urdaibai and Bermeo Tour from San SebastianSpain | 9 hour tour From $149 Per Person