Traditional Pesto Cooking Class in Manarola (Cinque Terre) Highlights
01Discover the dazzling origins of one of the world's most famous sauces
02Prepare traditional pesto with a stone mortar and pestle
03Delight in the flavors of fresh Ligurian cuisine
04Taste homemade focaccia and classic Cinque Terre wine
Why we chose this tourOur Traditional Pesto Cooking Class in Manarola puts you in the hands of an experienced local chef to plunge into the flavors, preparation, history, and tradition of one of the world's most beloved sauces, pesto, as you learn tips and techniques to perfect this favorite dish. After spending the afternoon in the kitchen with Mariza, you'll end the tour with some freshly-baked focaccia and a glass of Cinque Terre DOC white wine to finish with a flourish. This tour is available every Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Saturday with seasonal variations and leaves with guaranteed departures.
Book With Tourist Journey
- We hand-pick each tour and experience which we offer
- Led by a true local expert full of passion
- Hassle-free experience promise. We take care of everything so you just have to enjoy
- Great memories and the best stories guaranteed
- Easy booking, easy cancelation and best price guaranteed
Traditional Pesto Cooking Class in Manarola (Cinque Terre) Itinerary
16:00 - Pickup from Manarola
- Meet the local chef at the venue in Manarola.
Traditional Pesto Cooking Class
- Meet Chef Mariza, your culinary guide for the day, at a local venue and start with an introduction to the history, traditions, and typical flavors of Ligurian cuisine before you start cooking.
- After your welcome, it's time to throw on an apron, discover the fresh ingredients from local farms and fields that you'll be preparing, and follow along as Mariza gives you her favorite tips and techniques.
- Grind the basil and other ingredients with a mortar and pestle, slowly adding in the rich pine nuts, spicy garlic, creamy olive oil, and perfectly aged parmesan into the mix.
- Explore the history of this delicious dish as you work away, and enjoy the scent of the focaccia baking nearby as you create your edible masterpiece under the chef's helpful gaze.
- Once you're done with your kitchen magic, it's time to sit down with some of the fresh bread and a glass of Cinque Terre DOC wine and see what the fuss is all about before finishing your tour.
17:00- Drop off at Manarola
- The tour ends at the venue.
NB - all timings on Traditional Pesto Cooking Class in Manarola (Cinque Terre) are approximate
Have a question?
If you have any questions about our Traditional Pesto Cooking Class in Manarola (Cinque Terre), please contact us. Our team is standing by and will be happy to help
Traditional pesto course with a local chef
Pesto tasting with focaccia
1 glass of Cinque Terre white wine
Personal travel insurance
The minimum age required is 7 years old
The drinking age in Italy is 18 years
If you cancel at least 7 days in advance of the scheduled departure, you will receive a 95% refund If you cancel between 3 and 6 days in advance of the scheduled departure, you will receive a 50% refund If you cancel within 2 days of the scheduled departure, no refund will be applied
Related Tours and Experiences
Private Cooking Class with a Local in VeniceItaly | 3 hour tour From $159 Per Person
Milan Countryside and Wine Tasting TourItaly | 6 hour tour From $279 Per Person
Polignano a Mare Stand Up Paddle ExperienceItaly | 1.5 hour tour From $40 Per Person
Otranto Coast Boat TourItaly | 4 hour tour From $105 Per Person
Homemade Orecchiette Cooking Class in ConversanoItaly | 3 hour tour From $99 Per Person
Mozzarella Tasting Tour in Martina Franca or ConversanoItaly | 1.5 hour tour From $89 Per Person
Martina Franca Wine Tasting ExperienceItaly | 1.5 hour tour From $40 Per Person
Insider Monopoli City TourItaly | 1.5 hour tour From $57 Per Person
Polignano A Mare Sea Caves Boat TourItaly | 1.5 hour tour From $39 Per Person
Insider Ostuni City TourItaly | 1.5 hour tour From $50 Per Person