Thessaloniki Food Walking Tour Highlights
1Taste Northern Greek delicacies, cheeses, and sweet pastries
2Explore Thessaloniki through its rich food scene
3Go off-the-beaten track visiting markets and other less-known parts of the city
4Visit Athonos Square and marvel at the local folk arts and crafts
5Enjoy an intimate experience in a small group of up to 15 people
Why we chose this tourOur Thessaloniki Food Walking Tour takes you on a journey through Greece's second city through its rich and less-known food scene. The tour is led by our insider local expert with small groups for an intimate experience. You'll visit Kapani Market and Modiano Market, tasting local cheeses, sweet treats, other delicacies, as well, of course, as fresh coffee, whilst diving into the culture of the city. Later, explore Athonos Square, where local craftsmen work and sell their trades, and understand more about the many faces of Thessaloniki. Our Thessaloniki Food Walking Tour is available with guaranteed departures.
Book With Tourist JourneyHand-Crafted Insider Experiences
Awesome Customer Service
Best Price Guaranteed
Small Group Size
Thessaloniki Food Walking Tour Itinerary
11:30 - Pickup from Thessaloniki
- Meet your guide at a centralized location in Thessaloniki. Please be there 10 minutes before departure.
Guided Food Walking Tour of Thessaloniki
- Begin this intimate insider guide exploring the hidden corners and mouthwatering tastes of Thessaloniki at 12 Tsimiski Street with a traditional Greek coffee in the heart of the city.
- You'll get a general introduction to its history and the stunning architecture that lines the streets as you sip your refreshing beverage and head out, ready to conquer the day.
- After your coffee, head out on the walking tour and explore hidden gems tucked away down narrow alleys as you dive into the stories from the past that permeate every avenue.
- Visit the picturesque markets of Kapani and Modiano for a taste of fresh produce, homemade cheeses, freshly roasted coffees, and sweet treats.
- Continue to Athonos, a square ringed by local craftsmen creating Greek folk art and other handmade treasures for a quick shopping stop.
- Along your journey, you'll visit local restaurants and sellers to taste their wares, diving more deeply into Greek gastronomy and being dazzling by a variety of new flavors.
- As your tour comes to end, be sure to ask your guide where to find the best tavernas and restaurants are to continue your explorations on your own.
13:30 - Drop off at Thessaloniki
- You will be dropped off at the same location you were picked up from.
NB - all timings on Thessaloniki Food Walking Tour are approximate
Ask a Question
Have a question?
If you have any questions about our Thessaloniki Food Walking Tour, please contact us. Our team is standing by and will be happy to help
Tour-escort specialized in Greek cuisine
Food tasting experiences
Traditional Greek coffee
Lunch & drinks
Personal travel insurance
What to Bring
Sunglasses & sunscreen
Please let us know if you have any allergies or food restrictions
Related Tours and Experiences
Santorini Wine Roads Sunset TourGreece | 5 hours tour From $189 Per Person
Craft Beer & Spirits Tasting Tour in SantoriniGreece | 4 hours tour From $119 Per Person
Greek Food & Wine Tasting Tour in SantoriniGreece | 5 hours tour From $209 Per Person
Santorini Insider TourGreece | 5 hours tour From $189 Per Person
Santorini Cooking Class & Tasting ExperienceGreece | 5 hours tour From $215 Per Person
Nemea Winery & Vineyard Private Tour from AthensGreece | 10 hours tour From $229 Per Person
Nemea & Nafplio Wine and History Private Tour from AthensGreece | 10 hours tour From $179 Per Person
Evia Wine Private Tour & Spa ExperienceGreece | 7 hours tour From $195 Per Person
Athens Wine Lover’s Private Tour & Wine MuseumGreece | 6 hours tour From $169 Per Person
Mount Olympus Hiking Tour from ElassonaGreece | 10 hours package From $109 Per Person