The Traveler’s Table Dining Experience from the Riviera Maya Highlights
1Play a wine tasting game and take a group mixology class
2Savor a trio of traditional Mayan appetizers with complementary wines
3Taste a traditional Caldo de Piedra, or Stone Soup, recipe
4Enjoy a decadent desert of chocolate served 5 ways
Why we chose this tourOur Traveler's Table Dining Experience from the Riviera Maya, limited to a maximum of 15 travelers, is an interactive and immersive way to discover Mexican gastronomy, culture, and history, giving you the chance to taste the effect of outside influences on local foods and explore the different foods that make this culinary scene beloved by so many. Hosted in an exclusive beach club and led by a master chef, taste international wines, a five course meal, regional mezcal and tequila, and learn some secrets for how to create these masterpieces at home. This tour is available every Tuesday and Thursday and leaves with guaranteed departures.
Book With Tourist JourneyHand-Crafted Insider Experiences
Awesome Customer Service
Best Price Guaranteed
Small Group Size
The Traveler’s Table Dining Experience from the Riviera Maya Itinerary
18:00 - Pickup from the Riviera Maya
- You will be picked up from your hotel in the hotel zones of Playa del Carmen, Tulum & Cancun.
Dinner Experience in Punta Venado
- Make your way to our exclusive beach club, perfectly situated just outside of Playa del Carmen, and get ready for a night unlike any other.
- Once you've arrived at Punta Venado, sip a welcome cocktail and try a game where you identify the type of wine by its aroma with a special prize for the winner.
- Unwind with a group mixology class, and then dive into a trio of traditional Mayan appetizers, paired with complementary wines to elevate your experience, and then try Caldo de Piedra, a classic "stone soup".
- Dive into your main courses, taking your taste-buds on a trip to Spain, Africa, and the Middle East to discover the different influences of these areas on Mexican cooking and cuisine.
- After enjoying five courses of food, you'll have an expert-led tequila and mezcal tasting, listening to stories of Mexican food lore and legends, as well as the history behind these traditional treats.
- The dinner ends with a decadent dessert featuring chocolate five ways, and you'll discover why cacao was sacred to the Maya and other indigenous societies.
- Snap some photos with your newfound friends, and then return to your hotel with your new tricks and knowledge for a good night's sleep.
21:30 - Drop off at
- You will be dropped off at the same location you were picked up from.
NB - all timings on The Traveler’s Table Dining Experience from the Riviera Maya are approximate
Ask a Question
Have a question?
If you have any questions about our The Traveler’s Table Dining Experience from the Riviera Maya, please contact us. Our team is standing by and will be happy to help
Availability and Pricing
Transportation to and from your hotel
Fully guided tour with a foodie specialist
1 welcome cocktail & 1 sparkling wine
Tequila & Mezcal tasting
5 course tasting menu created by Eva Millan (Masterchef)
5 boutique wine pairings
Personal travel insurance
What to Bring
The restaurant is on the beach, please wear adequate shoes
Please inform us about any dietary restrictions or food allergies
The minimum age required is 18 years old