Tarragona & Wine Tasting Tour from Barcelona Highlights
1Taste local produce and delicacies in a multi-course meal
2Tour the vineyards and cellars of a family-owned winery
3Savor 4 local wines and cavas at a boutique winery
4Take an intimate, private tour of Tarragona's Old Town
Why we chose this tourOur Tarragona & Wine Tasting Tour from Barcelona, limited to only 4 participants, gives you a deep look into the history and culture of Catalonia, exploring everything from ancient Roman ruins to verdant winding vineyards. Learn about traditional wine-making, the grapes grown here, and how the city of Tarraco was instrumental in the growth of Roman Hispania. This tour is available every day and leaves with guaranteed departures.
Book With Tourist JourneyHand-Crafted Insider Experiences
Awesome Customer Service
Best Price Guaranteed
Tarragona & Wine Tasting Tour from Barcelona Itinerary
9:00 - Pickup from Barcelona
- You will be picked up from your hotel in Barcelona.
Guided Tour of Tarragona, Wine Tasting Experience & Lunch
- Journey into the Roman relics of times gone by and the rich cultural heritage that makes Spain so unique after centuries of empires mixing on its streets with a visit to Tarraco.
- While Barcelona is the modern capital of Catalonia, Tarraco was a key point in Roman Hispania and the capital of one of their self-made provinces.
- As a result, it's home to a number of traditional Roman ruins, including the circus and a still usable theater and seating that are all shockingly well-preserved after centuries of wind and rain.
- These remnants make up the oldest Roman settlement in modern Spain, and a UNESCO World Heritage Site that helps you uncover the history of western Europe in an immersive way.
- This region is also home to DO Penedès and DO Tarragona, two of Spain's most beloved wines, and show off another aspect of Catalonian heritage that's just as important.
- Learn how the Romans brought their wine-making and vines to the country when you tour a traditional, family-owned and small-batch boutique vineyard.
- Enjoy a 3-course meal of local produce and treats accompanied by the vineyard's own wines and commentary from one of their experts after your tour of the sweeping grounds and cellars.
- After, you'll be taken back to your starting point for the end of the tour.
17:30 - Drop off at Barcelona
- You will be dropped off at the same location you were picked up from.
NB - all timings on Tarragona & Wine Tasting Tour from Barcelona are approximate
Have a question?
If you have any questions about our Tarragona & Wine Tasting Tour from Barcelona, please contact us. Our team is standing by and will be happy to help
Transportation to and from your hotel in barcelona
Private professional English-speaking guide
Guided visit to Tarragona old town
Entrance tickets to local landmarks included
Guided tour of one winery including wine tasting (4 local wines/cava)
Full Catalan meal with wine
Drinks not mentioned
Personal travel insurance
What to Bring
Walking shoes & comfortable clothes
Sunglasses & sunscreen
Please let us know if you have any allergies or food restirctions