Tara Rafting Tour from Kotor Highlights
1See the famous Our Lady of the Rocks Island and St George
2Pass Piva Lake, the largest artificial lake in the Balkans
3Enjoy traditional Montenegrin food and treats to refuel
4Spend the day jumping from cliffs and rafting down rapids
Why we chose this tourOur Tara Rafting Tour from Kotor takes you into one of the world's deepest canyons for a day of scenic drives through the sprawling Montenegrin countryside and thrilling rides down the Tara's crystalline waters. You'll be accompanied by an expert guide as you rush through the river's stunning waters and experience the breathtaking beauty of this untouched region. This tour is available every day and leaves with guaranteed departures.
Book With Tourist JourneyHand-Crafted Insider Experiences
Awesome Customer Service
Best Price Guaranteed
Tara Rafting Tour from Kotor Itinerary
6:00-6:55 am - Pickup from Kotor, Budva, Tivat & Herceg Novi
- You will be picked up from centralized locations.
Guided tour of Tara River Rafting
- Meet your guide and head out immediately, making your first stop in baroque Perast to view its two famous islands, St George and Our Lady of the Rocks for some photos.
- Drive above Risan Bay and enjoy panoramic views of the sun rising as you leave the Bay of Kotor behind on your drive through towering mountains and past the Salt Lake and Piva Lake.
- Piva is the largest artificial lake in the Balkans, and you'll visit the 700 foot high dam that separates the 28 mile reservoir from the river that flows away.
- Continue through 56 handmade tunnels on your way through the breathtaking and dramatic Piva River Canyon, admiring the centuries old black pines that grow on its cliffs.
- Around 11 am, reach the Tara River and enjoy a traditional Montenegrin breakfast on the riverbank that overlooks Bosnia and get your gear for your adventure!
- Throw on your lifejacket over your swimsuit and head to the launch point to being your explorations of the country's longest river, also known as the "Tear of Europe" for its pristine drinking water.
- The second deepest canyon in the world, the Tara's waters are a crystalline turquoise that allows you see the teeming life beneath you and admire the rushing waterfalls that slide down the canyon walls.
- Stop to see the renowned waters of Skakavica cascading down the side, and enjoy a quick ice shower and some refreshing drinks on the Bosnian bank.
- You'll fly over 21 rapids and have the chance to leap from rocks into the waters themselves, or swim serenely through its sparkling surface.
- Make your way back to camp for a traditional local lunch before returning to Kotor, arriving around 7:30 pm.
Drop off in Kotor, Budva, Tivat & Herceg Novi
- You will be dropped off at the same location you were picked up from.
NB - all timings on Tara Rafting Tour from Kotor are approximate
Ask a Question
Have a question?
If you have any questions about our Tara Rafting Tour from Kotor, please contact us. Our team is standing by and will be happy to help
Availability and Pricing
Transportation to and from Kotor
Fully guided tour
Local Breakfast and Lunch
Professional skipper with international license
Full gear (wetsuits, footwear, life vests, helmets)
Waterproof bag for cameras
Personal travel insurance
What to Bring
Swimming experience required