Takayama Food and Sake Tasting Tour Highlights
01Discover the picturesque Old Town of Takayama, a charismatic town tucked away in the mountains
02Learn traditional methods for Sake production and serving from an expert
03Try your hand at making your own regional take on rice crackers
04Stroll through the quaint and busy markets of Takayama
Why we chose this tourOur Takayama Food and Sake Tasting Tour takes you on a quick adventure through the quirky past of Takayama with a visit to the region's oldest Sake factory and into the bustling present with a tour of an authentic local market. You'll taste your way through the streets of Takayama, sampling local street food and Sake, with the help of an expert local guide. Be sure to come hungry; you won't want to miss a single bite! This tour is available every day and leaves with guaranteed departures.
Book With Tourist Journey
- Hand-Crafted Insider Experiences
- Awesome Customer Service
- Best Price Guaranteed
- Easy Cancelation
Takayama Food and Sake Tasting Tour Itinerary
9:00 or 13:00 Meeting point in Takayama
- Meet your local guide at a centralized location in Takayama.
Guided tour of Takayama, the Sake factory and the Rice Cracker family
- The day begins with a leisurely walk through the old township of Takayama, where your local guide will give you an interesting overview about the history of this region and the fascinating culture of Takayama.
- You'll make a stop at Nakabashi Bridge, a beautiful red bridge that stretches over the rushing Miyagawa River below, for a unique photo opportunity for a postcard worthy shot.
- On your way to the brewery you'll stop by the Takayama Jin'ya, a unique government office from the Edo period, and the nearly hidden Yamazakura Shrine.
- You'll take a quick break at the Yume Koho Hida rice cracker factory, where you can make your own tasty snacks.
- The final stop of the day is the Hirase Shuzo Brewery, the oldest in the region, where you'll learn all about traditional Sake production and even do a tasting of some final products!
- On the morning tour, you will also stop at the Hida-Takayama Miyagawa Morning Market, and the Jinya-Mae Morning Market for some quick treats.
Drop off in Takayama
- The tour ends at the Hirase Shuzo Brewery.
NB - all timings on Takayama Food and Sake Tasting Tour are approximate
Ask a Question
Have a question?
If you have any questions about our Takayama Food and Sake Tasting Tour, please contact us. Our team is standing by and will be happy to help
Food and experience fee of rice cracker & Sake brewery tour
Fully guided tour in English
Entry/Admission - Hirase Shuzo Brewery
Any item not mentioned
Lunch and drinks
Entrance fee to Takayama Jinya and Yume Kojo Hida - Rice Cracker Factory
Rice cracker making (400 yen)
Personal travel insurance
What to Bring
Related Tours and Experiences
10 Day Samurai Experience Package TourJapan | 10 days tour From $5,999 Per Person
Kamikochi Private Hiking Tour from Hirayu OnsenJapan | 8 hours tour From $190 Per Person
Higashiyama Walking Tour From TakayamaJapan | 1 hour tour From $100 Per Person
Hirayu Waterfall Hike from Hirayu OnsenJapan | 3 hours tour From $120 Per Person
Tokyo Kamakura Walking Tour and Traditional Tea CeremonyJapan | 9 hours tour From $299 Per Person
10 Day Ultimate Japan Tour PackageJapan | 10 days package From $2,559 Per Person
Osaka Market Tour and Cooking ClassJapan From $199 Per Person
Tokyo Tsukiji Fish Market Tour & Cooking ExperienceJapan | 5 hours tour From $199 Per Person
Tokyo Art TourJapan | 6 hours tour From $139 Per Person
Ultimate Tokyo Tour – Half DayJapan | 5 hours tour From $99 Per Person