Tagus River Valley Winery Tour from Madrid Highlights
01Tour the stunning wineries that blend tradition and innovation
02Learn about how winemaking has thrived here for generations
03Savor beautiful blends throughout the wineries that dot the valley
04Stop in a number of medieval towns to dive into their history
Why we chose this tourOur Tagus River Valley Winery Tour from Madrid visits vineyards and wineries scattered throughout picturesque medieval towns and the gently sloping hills of this lush valley, allowing you to taste a number of varietals that have stood in this area for centuries. Meet the families behind the bottles, savor delicious flavors, walk-in underground tunnels, and taste local treats with your guide and on your own. This tour is available every Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday and leaves with guaranteed departures.
Book With Tourist Journey
- We hand-pick each tour and experience which we offer
- Led by a true local expert full of passion
- Hassle-free experience promise. We take care of everything so you just have to enjoy
- Great memories and the best stories guaranteed
- Easy booking, easy cancelation and best price guaranteed
Tagus River Valley Winery Tour from Madrid Itinerary
9:30 - Pickup from Madrid
- You will be picked up from a centralized location in Madrid. Please be there 5-10 minutes before the departure time.
Guided Tagus River Valley Winery Tour
- Watch the city of Madrid melt away as you drive further into the countryside that wraps around it, visiting picturesque wineries and vineyards tucked into between the rivers that flow through these hills.
- This is the place where the rivers of Manzanares, Tajuña, Jarama, Henares, and Tajo meet, making it a fertile region that's been providing wine for the capital since its inception.
- As you head into these boutique wineries and their fascinating histories, you'll learn more about the region from your experienced local guide, hearing stories from the past, and visiting medieval cities that dot the valley.
- One of your vineyards will be completely unique, housing clay vats to prepare the wine that has stood for centuries, and deep underground tunnels to transport them.
- Another will be the oldest winery in all of Madrid, offering you a clearer look into the past of this part of Spain and how traditional winemaking has flourished for so long.
- The third vineyard is a family-owned winery housed in a hacienda, run by the same dynasty for over five generations within the walls of this historic city.
- At each vineyard, you'll have the chance to taste some of the famous grapes from the area, including wines from Tempranillo and Malvar grapes, and small traditional snacks along the way.
- At the end of your tour, if time allows, you'll make a quick stop at Chinchón Castle to admire panoramic views of the area and wrap up the tour on a high note.
15:30 - Drop off at Madrid
- You will be dropped off at the same location you were picked up from.
NB - all timings on Tagus River Valley Winery Tour from Madrid are approximate
Have a question?
If you have any questions about our Tagus River Valley Winery Tour from Madrid, please contact us. Our team is standing by and will be happy to help
Transportation to and from Madrid
Fully guided tour with a local wine expert
Visit to 3 different and familiar wineries. Meeting the owners and winemakers.
Wine tasting in all the wineries (over 10 wines between whites and reds)
Snacks of cheese, iberico products or olive oil will be included at the wineries
Lunch & drinks not mentioned
Personal travel insurance
What to Bring
Comfortable clothes & shoes
Sunglasses & sunscreen
The minimum age required for the tour is 12 years old
The drinking age in Spain is 18 years old
Related Tours and Experiences
Gastronomy & Culture Private Tour in MadridSpain | 6 hour tour From $599 Per Group
Madrid Private Market TourSpain | 4 hour tour From $469 Per Group
Prado Museum Private Tour in MadridSpain | 3 hour tour From $289 Per Person
Madrid Off-the-Beaten Path & History Museum Private TourSpain | 4 hour tour From $309 Per Group
Madrid Royal Palace Private TourSpain | 3 hour tour From $289 Per Group
Private Madrid Insider TourSpain | 4 hour tour From $309 Per Group
Madrid Private Night Walking TourSpain | 4 hour tour From $309 Per Group
La Rioja Winery Tour from San SebastianSpain | 8 hour tour From $185 Per Person
French Basque Countryside and Sare Caves Tour from San SebastianSpain | 8 hour tour From $179 Per Person
Gernika, Mundaka, Urdaibai and Bermeo Tour from San SebastianSpain | 9 hour tour From $149 Per Person