Suzhou Private Tour from Shanghai Highlights
01Explore 800 years of Wu history and culture with an expert guide
02Visit the Humble Administrator's Garden, a lush and verdant gem
03Enjoy local cuisine at a traditional restaurant to refuel on your tour
04Take a boat ride on the Grand Canal on your way to the Silk Museum
Why we chose this tourOur Suzhou Private Tour from Shanghai takes you to this ancient Chinese canal city to explore the history of silk in China and to ride in a traditional boat down the waters of the "Venice of the East". Taste traditional local food and walk stunning gardens that have stood for centuries with the help of an expert guide. This tour is available every day and leaves with guaranteed departures.
Book With Tourist Journey
- Hand-Crafted Insider Experiences
- Awesome Customer Service
- Best Price Guaranteed
- Easy Cancelation
Suzhou Private Tour from Shanghai Itinerary
8:00 am - Pickup from Shanghai
- You will be picked up from your hotel in Shanghai .
Guided Tour of Suzhou city
- Leave Shanghai behind when our private driver picks you up to transport you across the sweeping countryside to the historical city of Suzhou.
- The capital of Wu culture over 800 years ago, Suzhou is a UNESCO World Heritage Site crossed by ancient moats, unique canals, and historic buildings.
- You'll learn more about how these canals were built as you walk to the Humble Administrator's Garden, a stunning complex of bridges, bushes, and overflowing with flowers at every turn.
- Uncover the history of the core surrounded by a moat that still sits at the center of this now modern city as you tour the residential quarters and pavilions that dot the garden.
- Enjoy lunch at a traditional local restaurant and taste some of the region's cuisine before you make your way to Shantang Street, a prime example of a southern Chinese water town with incredibly preserved traditional architecture.
- Visit the nearby Opera Stage and Boat museum, and then take a cruise down the Grand Canal to take another look at stunning Suzhou.
- Continue to the Suzhou Silk Museum that details the history of silk in ancient China and its current status, shows off how silk is created and woven, displays numerous intricate patterns, and dives into the role silk has played in Chinese culture and trade.
- After your museum visit, you'll be returned to your Shanghai hotel by our private driver.
6:00 pm - Drop off at Shanghai
- You will be dropped off at the same location you were picked up from.
NB - all timings on Suzhou Private Tour from Shanghai are approximate
Ask a Question
Have a question?
If you have any questions about our Suzhou Private Tour from Shanghai, please contact us. Our team is standing by and will be happy to help
Transportation to and from your hotel in Shanghai
Fully guided tour with certified English speaking guide
Personal travel insurance
What to Bring
Sunglasses & sunscreen
Pick up is not available from Shanghai Pudong airport area
Related Tours and Experiences
Chengdu & Leshan Giant Buddha 7 Day Package TourChina | 7 days package From $1,085 Per Person
Private Chengdu Cooking ClassChina | 4 hours tour From $69 Per Person
Chengdu Giant Panda Base Private Half Day TourChina | 3 hours tour From $65 Per Person
Terra Cotta Warriors Museum Private Half Day Tour from XianChina | 6 hours tour From $97 Per Person
Chengdu Panda Base & Mount Qingcheng Private TourChina | 8 hours tour From $105 Per Person
Chengdu Culture Private TourChina | 8 hours tour From $59 Per Person
Chengdu Foodie Private TourChina | 3 hours tour From $80 Per Person
China Private Impression: 14 Day Private Package Tour from BeijingChina | 14 days package From $6,560 Per Person
Best of Silk Road 10 Day Private Package Tour from BeijingChina | 10 days package From $2,860 Per Person
China Express 7 Day Private Package Tour: Beijing, Xi’an and ShanghaiChina | 7 days package From $3,075 Per Person