1Stop in the beautiful Altindere Valley for a scenic view at the roiling waterfalls
2Discover the incredible Sumela Monastery, which is over 1600 years old , carved into a steep cliff
3Enter the wondrous Karaca Cave, 1,150 meters above sea level, and discover its natural beauty
4Drive through Cosandere Valley and the Zigana Pass, which are parts of the ancient Silk Road
Why we chose this tourOur Sumela Monastery Tour from Trabzon takes you to the awe-inspiring Sumela Monastery, carved out the precipitous cliffs dangling above the steep valley below. You'll learn about the rich and fascinating history of this architectural oddity while marveling at the natural beauty that surrounds you, from the roaring waterfalls to hidden caves. Your guide will take you to a small local village for an authentic culinary experience that is unique to this isolated region right off of the critically important Silk Road. Dive into history and the splendid nature and interesting history of this area to round out your travels to Turkey. This tour is available every day and leaves with guaranteed departures.
Awesome Customer Service
Best Price Guaranteed
Itinerary - Sumela Monastery Tour from Trabzon
9:30-10:00 - Pickup from Trabzon
- We will pick you up from centralized hotels in Trabzon.
Guided tour Sumela, Karaca Caves and more
- Our first stop will be the Altindere National Park with its natural waterfalls, babbling brooks, and verdant forests. You'll be given the chance to admire the scenic views across the landscape, and take some photos to memorialize this splendid experience.
- From the waterfalls, you will take a 15 minute walk to the Sumela Monastery Observation point. Admire the marvelous monastery that was carved into the cliffs over a 1,000 years, and suspended 300 meters above the rolling valley below. Don't miss the breathtaking views over the forest below.
- The next stop will be Cosandere Valley, where you have some free time to explore the nature on your own, from the roiling river to the towering trees.
- You will stop for a lunch break at Zigana Pass, a strategic trading point along the ever-important Silk Road trade route.
- After lunch we will continue to the ancient Tortul Castle. Take a walk on the 240 meter high glass observation platform and experience the unmatched views from above.
- One of the highlights of our tour will be the guided tour of the Karaca Caves, located 1,150 meters above sea level, with an otherworldly underground beauty.
- The final stop of the day will be the Hamsikoy region, made of 5 villages, which work and live together as one community. The Hamsikoy region is famous for its agricultural products and traditional recipes such as the "Sutlac" pudding, which you'll be given the chance to taste for yourself!
18:00 Drop off in Trabzon
- You will be dropped off at the same location you were picked up from.
If you have any questions about our Sumela Monastery Tour from Trabzon, please contact us. Our team is standing by and will be happy to help
Book Sumela Monastery Tour from Trabzon as a private tour, and customize the itinerary and locations for yourself, your family or a small group.