South of Portugal 4 Day Package Tour Highlights
1Wind through the narrow streets of picturesque Évora and discover this city's charming culture
2Marvel at the bleak and breathtaking landscape at Ponta da Piedade, one of Portugal's most beautiful spots
3Explore the markets and marina in Lagos, a traditional fishing village famous for its regional fare
4Drive through the Algarve, one of the most raw and rugged regions with sweeping valley views
Why we chose this tourOur South of Portugal 4 Day Package Tour takes you along the rugged and raw coastline, dotted with natural grottoes and cliffs carved by the wind and time, experiencing the most spectacular splendor that Portugal has to offer you. You'll dive deep into the history of the different regions you pass through with the help of a knowledgeable local guide to tell you insider stories and secrets. This tour is available on selected dates and leaves with guaranteed departures.
Book With Tourist JourneyHand-Crafted Insider Experiences
Awesome Customer Service
Best Price Guaranteed
South of Portugal 4 Day Package Tour Itinerary
Day 1 - Lisbon, Évora
- This thrilling day begins with a walk through the chalky Old Town of Évora, admiring the splashes of gold and cerulean that add vibrancy to the streets, before stopping at the towns most famous landmark: the Roman Temple.
- This temple is one of the largest and most well-preserved on the Iberian Peninsula, with soaring Corinthian columns, and is a UNESCO World Heritage site.
- The next stop is the Évora Cathedral, a key Gothic monument, and the Capela de Ossos, a chapel in Saint Francis Church that is decorated with human bones on every chilling wall.
- You'll also stop at the University of Évora, a former Jesuit college built by Cardinal-King Henrique in 1559, making it one of the oldest universities in the world still operating today, and take a quick stroll through the vibrant market nearby and an evening relaxing at the hotel.
- Overnight in Évora(Breakfast included).
Day 2 - Évora, Beja, Silves, Lagos
- After a hotel breakfast, take a little more time to explore Évora before you wind your way south, where you'll pass Beja, a town that is bursting with medieval architecture and relics, and a number of castles and churches, including the Santo Amaro which houses one of the most important collections of Visigoth artifacts.
- Crossing over the mountains, you'll enter Algarve, a southerly stretch of the coastline dotted with picturesque fishing villages and pristine beaches, and head to Silves, a quiet town surrounded by impregnable towering walls, a fortified brick castle, and a Gothic cathedral that stands on the remains of an ancient mosque. red brick castle, the impregnatable town walls, and the Gothic cathedral, built on the site of a magnificent mosque.
- Your day will end with a drive to Lagos, passing the rocky shores of Praia da Rocha before reaching the charming town of Lagos, surrounded by sweeping hills and serene beaches with lighthouses scattered on the shores.
- Overnight in Lagos(Breakfast included).
Day 3 - Lagos, Ponta da Piedade, Sagres, Cabo de São Vicente
- After breakfast at the hotel, you'll trace your way across the raw and rugged landscape of the Algarve where you'll hear the siren call of the sea from the bleak Ponta da Piedade, a barren headland that showcases a stunning contrast between the golden hues of the carved cliffs above and the shimmering sapphire of the Atlantic below.
- Head to Sagres, a fishing port and favored surf spot famous for the Fortaleza de Sagres, founded by Henry the Navigator before he opened up Atlantic travel and shamefully founded the Atlantic Slave Trade after his involvement with the "navigation school" and European discovery of the African coastline.
- The next stop as you wind your way along the cliffs is Cabo São Vincente, the most southwestern point in continental Europe, before continuing to lively Lagos, the best place to taste typical regional dishes, like cataplana, fish and shellfish sauteed in a copper pan, or the famous marizpan treats stuffed with almonds and figs.
- After returning to the hotel, take the afternoon to laze in the sun and splash in the water.
- Overnight in Lagos(Breakfast included).
Day 4 -Lagos, Setúbal, Serra da Arrábida, Lisbon
- After a parting look at the waters as you return along the coast, you'll be treated to scenic views of Setubal, an industrial center and critical trade port on the northern bank of the Sado Estuary, an expansive nature preserve.
- You'll also have panoramic views of Arrábida Mountain Range, a massive national park filled with unique vegetation and towering trees, and sweeping views over the Tróia Peninsula from the bridge over the Tagus River before you return to Lisbon and your tour is, unfortunately, over.
NB - all timings on South of Portugal 4 Day Package Tour are approximate
Ask a Question
Have a question?
If you have any questions about our South of Portugal 4 Day Package Tour, please contact us. Our team is standing by and will be happy to help
Availability and Pricing
Pick Up at central Lisbon Hotel
Fully guided tour
Transport by air conditioned bus or mini van
3 Overnights in 4* hotels on bed & breakfast bases
Entrance fees: Mosteiro da Batalha, Universidade Coimbra, Palácio da Bolsa (Porto), Igreja de São Francisco (Porto), jardins do Palácio de Mateus and Convento do Cristo (Tomar)
Lunch, dinner and drinks
Personal travel insurance
What to Bring
Clothes according to the season
Evora: Hotel Evora Oliveo or Hotel Vila Gale Evora or similar Lagos: Hotel Marina Club or Hotel Vila Gale Lagos or similar
NB: Please note that the hotels are subject to availability and can be changed
Please contact us for travel dates between March - October 2021
The package is available in English, Portuguese, Spanish and French. Please let us know at the moment of the booking which language you require
NB: All times are approximate