1Take an exhilarating jeep ride through the epic sights and vibrant landscape on your way to Skogafoss
2Explore the natural beauty of Iceland, marveling at the strange splendor of Hafursey and Hjorleifshodi that seem to appear from nowhere
3Marvel at the raw power of Skogafoss, and take a walk behind its sister falls of Seljalandsfoss
4Adventure in the natural ice caves near Katla, an active volcano, and spend some free time in the country's southernmost seaside village
Why we chose this tourOur South Coast & Katla Natural Ice Cave from Reykjavik shows you some of Iceland's most unique and wondrous natural features, from glacial ice caves to towering mountains that rise from the black volcanic ashes below. You'll learn more about this region's unique geology and past on a thrilling jeep tour, and see a traditional village for yourself with time to explore independently. This tour is available every Monday, Wednesday, and Saturday, and leaves with guaranteed departures.
Awesome Customer Service
Best Price Guaranteed
Small Group Size
Itinerary - South Coast & Katla Natural Ice Cave from Reykjavik
7:00 AM - Pickup from Reykjavik
- Meet your local guide at the BSÍ Bus Terminal - City Center
- Optional hotel pick ups are available for an extra charge
Guided tour of South Coast & Katla Natural Ice Cave
- After you've left the city behind, you'll hop into a jeep for an exciting and scenic ride to the Skógafoss Waterfall, located on the Skógá River and marking the former seaside coastline, with an astonishing size: the fall is 25 meters wide and 60 tall, and one of the country's most powerful waterfalls.
- Continue to Vík, passing the craggy hills of Hafursey, a verdant mountain surrounded by a blackened lunar landscape, and Hjorleifshofdi, an inselberg(an isolated rock ridge or hill in an otherwise flat area) rising dramatically from the volcanic sands below.
- Once you've reached Iceland's southernmost village, you'll head out on an ice cave tour near Katla, Iceland's most eruptive volcano, and located in the Kötlujökull glacier.
- The caves themselves sparkle with black and blue ice, formed from glacial waters melting and creating ethereal and breathtaking formations within the cave and trapping volcanic ash in its walls for a truly remarkable experience.
- Return to Vík for some free time, where you can explore the village's ancient church, try some traditional local dishes at one of the village's charming restaurants, or take a walk along Iceland's most famous black sand beach at Reynisfjara, but be careful of the strong surf!
- On the way back to the city, you'll stop at Seljalandsfoss, a waterfall with a natural cave hidden behind it that will let you walk around the raging waters yourself, and end your day of adventure back in beautiful Reyjavik.
10:00 PM - Drop off in Reykjavik
- You will be dropped off at the BSÍ Bus Terminal.
If you have any questions about our South Coast & Katla Natural Ice Cave from Reykjavik, please contact us. Our team is standing by and will be happy to help
Book South Coast & Katla Natural Ice Cave from Reykjavik as a private tour, and customize the itinerary and locations for yourself, your family or a small group.