Somosierra Canyoning Private Adventure Tour from Madrid Highlights
1Go canyoning just outside of Madrid's city limits!
2Explore the Somosierra Canyon, the only ravine in the Madrid Region
3Splash your way through the Duratón's waterfalls, pools, and rushing streams
4Rappel down 30 meter granite walls and a 9 meter natural rock slide
Why we chose this tourOur Somosierra Canyoning Adventure Tour from Madrid is a day filled with splashing through pools, abseiling down granite walls, and getting in touch with your wild side just out of the city limits. Your expert guide will lead you through this stunning canyon, helping you discover the awe-inspiring beauty and majesty of these gorges. This tour is available every day April through November and leaves with guaranteed departures.
Book With Tourist JourneyHand-Crafted Insider Experiences
Awesome Customer Service
Best Price Guaranteed
Somosierra Canyoning Private Adventure Tour from Madrid Itinerary
8:00 am - Pickup from Madrid
- You will be picked up from Hotel Abba in central Madrid.
Guided tour of Somosierra Canyon
- Begin your day of canyoning, or barranquisimo, with a scenic drive out of Madrid and into the natural beauty that surrounds it.
- You'll begin your adventures with a short trek to the rim of the canyon, passing through the stunning rock formations and fresh fauna.
- Once you've reached the top, you'll begin your descent into the Duratón gorges that overlook the rushing river below.
- Make your way to the bottom of the canyon by rappelling down canyon walls, flying down natural slides, crossing under waterfalls, and trekking across pools.
- The scenery is majestic, and you're sure to get your heart racing before you return to Madrid for some well-deserved rest.
2:00 pm - Drop off in Madrid
- You will be dropped off at the same location you were picked up from.
NB - all timings on Somosierra Canyoning Private Adventure Tour from Madrid are approximate
Ask a Question
Have a question?
If you have any questions about our Somosierra Canyoning Private Adventure Tour from Madrid, please contact us. Our team is standing by and will be happy to help
Transportation to and from Hotel Abba
Certified Canyoning Guide
Brief safety instruction course
Individual Canyoning Equipment: helmet, harness, neoprene wetsuit and thin neoprene socks
Safety equipment and gear: ropes, abseil devices, carabiners, waterproof case and first aid kit
Accident and Liability Insurance
Lunch and drinks
Optional picnic pack: 20$ per person (Vegan or special food upon request)
Optional Canyoning Boots rental: 11$ per person
Personal travel insurance
What to Bring
Pair of sport shoes with grip sole or hiking boots to wear in the river
Dry casual/sport wear and shoes/flip flops to change after the activity
Water and light snacks/energy bars
Difficulty level: Easy-Moderate
Basic swimming skills required
Children from 10 years old
Not recommended for pregnant women/ people who suffer health issues