Sloth Experience and Hot Springs at Arenal Volcano from San José Highlights
01Hike through the lush forests of Costa Rica with the expert guidance of a naturalist
02Play and relax in the world's largest complex of natural hot springs
03Observe some adorable sloths up close while you learn about them from a sloth specialist
04Enjoy stunning vistas of the Arenal Volcano and the forests that surround the park
Why we chose this tourSloth Experience and Hot Springs at Arenal Volcano from San José gives you a chance to explore the vast and stunning wilderness of Costa Rica, away from the hustle and bustle of the city. From decadent lunches with delicious cuisine Costarricense to hikes through the verdant forests, this tour has something for everyone! Learn about the sloths, their behavior, their habitat, and the many other animals that call this area home from an expert local naturalist. Relax and play in natural hot springs on the slopes of the beautiful Arenal Volcano. You won't want to miss this! Our tour is available every day and leaves with guaranteed departures.
Our Sloth Experience is currently unfortunately not available. Please contact us for private tour options.
Book With Tourist Journey
- We hand-pick each tour and experience which we offer
- Led by a true local expert full of passion
- Hassle-free experience promise. We take care of everything so you just have to enjoy
- Great memories and the best stories guaranteed
- Easy booking, easy cancelation and best price guaranteed
Sloth Experience and Hot Springs at Arenal Volcano from San José Itinerary
5:00 - 5:45 - Pickup from San José
- We will pick you up from centralized locations in San José.
6:00 - Breakfast
- The first stop of the day is in San Ramon for a decadent, traditional Costa Rican breakfast buffet, a tour of the surrounding gardens, and a view of the hazy Pacific Ocean before heading off.
- The road that you'll take from Fortuna to the Sloth Observatory is a winding mountain road, surrounded on both sides with lush vegetation and rolling hills.
9:30 - Sloth Observatory
- Begin your journey into nature with a hike through the lush and verdant forests that the sloths and a number of other interesting wildlife calls home with our expert naturalist.
- You'll have the chance to get up close and personal with these smiling cuties, with plenty of opportunities to snap photos, while you learn about just how intelligent, loving, and hard-working these animals are.
- Be aware, you will be observing them in their natural habitat and not touching them as to not disrupt them.
- You'll then take a tour of the quaint town of Fortuna before heading to the hot springs for lunch and some free time on your own.
12:00 - Lunch and free time at the Arenal Hot Springs
- After the volcanic eruption in 1968, a huge array of thermal pools were created on the slopes of the Arenal, and today it is the largest complex of hot springs in the world.
- After a buffet lunch overlooking the forests below you and the volcanoes surrounding you, you'll be given the chance to explore the pools on your own.
- Whether you're looking for a romantic and intimate pool to connect with your partner, or some fun slides for the kids, you'll find something that's perfect for you!
17:00 - 17:45 - Drop off in San José
- On your way back to the city, you'll have the chance to get our and stretch your legs or grab lunch in a quaint local cafe before heading back.
- You will be dropped off at the same location you were picked up from.
NB - all timings on Sloth Experience and Hot Springs at Arenal Volcano from San José are approximate
Have a question?
If you have any questions about our Sloth Experience and Hot Springs at Arenal Volcano from San José, please contact us. Our team is standing by and will be happy to help
Luxury round trip transportation with A / C
Guided tour of the Sloth Sanctuary
Entrance fees to the Hot Springs & the Sloth Sanctuary
Typical Costa Rican breakfast buffet
Sanitary items (Alcohol Gel, Kleenex, Wet Towels)
Personal travel insurance
What to Bring
Clothes to change
The minimum age required is 3 years old
Related Tours and Experiences
Arenal Hanging Bridges, La Fortuna Waterfall and Chocolate Tasting Tour from La Fortuna & ArenalCosta Rica | 10 hour tour From $219 Per Person
Peñas Blancas River Safari and La Fortuna Waterfall Tour from La Fortuna & ArenalCosta Rica | 7 hour tour From $149 Per Person
Horseback Riding in Arenal from La Fortuna & ArenalCosta Rica | 3 hour tour From $65 Per Person
La Fortuna Waterfall and Arenal Volcano Hiking Tour from La Fortuna & ArenalCosta Rica | 6 hour tour From $175 Per Person
Arenal Hanging Bridges and Chocolate Tasting Tour from La Fortuna & ArenalCosta Rica | 7 hour tour From $175 Per Person
Balsa River White Water Rafting from La Fortuna & ArenalCosta Rica | 5 hour tour From $110 Per Person
Arenal Hanging Bridges Tour from La Fortuna & ArenalCosta Rica | 3.5 hour tour From $89 Per Person
Arenal Volcano Hiking Tour from La Fortuna & ArenalCosta Rica | 3 hour tour From $79 Per Person
Hanging Bridges, La Fortuna Waterfall and Arenal Volcano Hiking Tour from La Fortuna & ArenalCosta Rica | 9.5 hour tour From $219 Per Person
Venado Caves Tour from San JoséCosta Rica | 12 hour tour From $165 Per Person