1Trek through the stunning walls and past the rushing waterfalls of Housia Gorge
2Visit the Monastery of Kipina, perched high on a cliff over the gorge
3Explore the Kalarites folk art museum, learning more about this region
4Eat lunch at the oldest cafe and grocery store in Greece that's stood since 1840
Why we chose this tourOur Sirako and Kalarites Hiking Tour from Tzoumerka is a more authentic way to experience local life in Tzoumerka, from hiking the stunning Housia Gorge to enjoying lunch at the country's oldest cafe. You'll see beautiful scenery and quaint villages, and learn more about this region's cultural traditions and delicious cuisine. This tour is available every day and leaves with guaranteed departures.
Awesome Customer Service
Best Price Guaranteed
Itinerary - Sirako and Kalarites Hiking Tour from Tzoumerka
9:00 - Pickup from Tzoumerka
- You will be picked up from your hotel in Tzoumerka.
9:30 - Sirako and Kalarites Hiking
- The day starts with an easy river hike on the path that passes between the picturesque stone villages of Sirako and Kalarites, heading to the roaring waterfalls in the beautiful Housia Gorge.
- In the summer, and if you're brave, you can take a dip in the water after your short hike before you heading to the hanging Kipina Monastery.
- This monastery was built in a cave in 1212, and has since expanded, offering a stunning look at the past and this unique religious site.
- After stepping into the past, uncover the present with a visit to the folk art museum in Kalarites and its dazzling display of local handicrafts and art.
- End the day with a local lunch, a selection of delicious traditional dishes, at Greece's oldest café and grocery store, standing since 1840.
15:30-16:30 - Drop off in Tzoumerka
- You will be dropped off at the same location you were picked up from.
If you have any questions about our Sirako and Kalarites Hiking Tour from Tzoumerka, please contact us. Our team is standing by and will be happy to help
Book Sirako and Kalarites Hiking Tour from Tzoumerka as a private tour, and customize the itinerary and locations for yourself, your family or a small group.