Shanghai Evening Food Tour Highlights
1Walk the streets of Shanghai's historic French Concession
2Taste soup dumplings at one of the city's best shops
3Enjoy pork belly at a farm to table restaurant supporting minority groups
4Slurp down delicious noodles and finish your night at a local pub
Why we chose this tourOur Shanghai Evening Food Tour is an immersive experience in the heart of China's world-renowned food scene, the buzzing and busy streets of storied Shanghai. Famous for its mouth-watering gastronomic offerings and complex cultural legacy, don't miss this chance to dive into the history and flavors of Shanghai with an expert guide. This tour is available every day and leaves with guaranteed departures.
Book With Tourist JourneyHand-Crafted Insider Experiences
Awesome Customer Service
Best Price Guaranteed
Shanghai Evening Food Tour Itinerary
18:30 - Meet your guide in Shanghai
- You will meet your guide at a centralized meeting point in Shanghai
- Meeting Point - Jing’an Temple Subway Station, Exit 3 Street Level at 6:30 pm
Shanghai Evening Guided Food Tour
- Start your tour of this marvelous modern metropolis, home to foreign occupiers and traveling merchants for centuries, by diving into its rich history and sumptuous cuisine.
- Taste how Shanghai's residents have preserved their Chinese traditions while taking the best of outside cuisine with some of their famous soup dumplings in a hidden eatery down an unobtrusive alley.
- Enjoy pork belly, the city's favorite dish that takes an entire day to prepare, and admire the delicacy, careful presentation, and refined use of local ingredients as you savor every bite of this Benbang dish.
- Benbang literally means "local" and refers to the traditional dishes that are served in hole in the wall restaurants and decades old eateries.
- Get an insiders taste of other regional treats at a farm to table restaurant that only serves produce harvested that day, marveling at the array of complex condiments on the table.
- Savor the "Goddess of Mercy" dessert at a restaurant that only insiders know: it only opens for a few hours every evening and serves the food through a small window.
- End your evening excursion at a small pub serving local craft beers to top off an incredible evening.
22:30 - Drop off in Shanghai
- The tour ends at a local brewery in Julu Lu Road near Changshu Road Subway Station (in the French Concession).
NB - all timings on Shanghai Evening Food Tour are approximate
Have a question?
If you have any questions about our Shanghai Evening Food Tour, please contact us. Our team is standing by and will be happy to help
Fully guided tour
Unlimited food & beer/drinks
Personal travel insurance
What to Bring
The tour requires 2 people minimum. If this limit is not reached, the tour will be rescheduled.