Sete Cidades Hiking Tour from Ponta Delgada Highlights
01Take an intimate tour to see the countless beauties of São Miguel
02Discover unbelievable panoramas and hidden scenic landscapes
03Learn more about the flora, fauna, and geology of this area
04Add an optional geocaching or treasure hunting game for family fun
Why we chose this tourOur Sete Cidades Hiking Tour from Ponta Delgada shows off the unreal beauty of this island from captivating craters to unbelievable panoramic views as you hike the trails that wind their way across its forests. Get away from the crowds of tourists to immerse yourself in natural splendor on this intimate trekking tour with a maximum of 8 people.
This tour is available every Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday with seasonal variations and leaves with guaranteed departures.
Book With Tourist Journey
- Hand-Crafted Insider Experiences
- Awesome Customer Service
- Best Price Guaranteed
- Easy CancelationSmall Group Size
Sete Cidades Hiking Tour from Ponta Delgada Itinerary
9:00 - Pickup from Ponta Delgada, Capelas, Caloura and Ribeira Grande
- You will be picked up from your hotel in the Ponta Delgada, Capelas, Caloura, Lagoa and Ribeira Grande.
Guided Hiking Tour of Sete Cidades
- Begin your day of discovery by visiting two of the island's most breathtaking viewpoints: Grota do Inferno and Vista do Rei.
- Trek your way down the trails and paths that wind their way into the crater itself before taking a rest in the charming village of Sete Cidades.
- After you've enjoyed some traditional local food, walk beside the iconic Lagoa Verde, gazing across its sparkling waters as you get your heart pumping.
- Make your way back up to Vista do Rei to appreciate the views unfolding below another time, and then head to the thermal nature pools of Ferraria or Mosteiros to enjoy a dip in the ocean to swim or snorkel.
- Make your way back to the starting point to finish your tour.
14:30 - Drop off at Ponta Delgada, Capelas, Caloura and Ribeira Grande
- You will be dropped off at the same location you were picked up from.
NB - all timings on Sete Cidades Hiking Tour from Ponta Delgada are approximate
Ask a Question
Have a question?
If you have any questions about our Sete Cidades Hiking Tour from Ponta Delgada, please contact us. Our team is standing by and will be happy to help
Transportation from/to your hotel
Fully guided tour with a local expert
Photos / Videos
Personal travel insurance
What to Bring
Comfortable clothes and shoes (in addition to being light, they should be able to protect you from the wind and rain)
Personal water bottle
Backpack (to transport your belongings and the lunch we provide)
Bathing suit (if possible already dressed)
Sunglasses & sunscreen
The minimum age required for the tour is 8 years old
Please make sure that you are properly dressed, since the climate of the Azores tends to change dramatically throughout the day (besides that walking in the mountains is totally different from walking at sea level – and we will do both!). So, get ready for eventual pikes of humidity, heat, wind, downpours and, especially, lots of fun and adventure!
The tour requires a minimum of 2 people, if we will not reach the minimum amount of people required, we will try to reschedule your travel date.
Related Tours and Experiences
Insider Lisbon Cruise TourPortugal | 2 hours tour From $49 Per Person
Lisbon Sunset CruisePortugal | 2 hours tour From $52 Per Person
Porto & Douro Valley 5 Day Tour PackagePortugal | 5 days package From $275 Per Person
Salto do Prego – Sanguinho Hiking Tour from Ponta DelgadaPortugal | 8 hours tour From $68 Per Person
Kayaking in Vila Franca do Campo, São Miguel – AzoresPortugal | 3 hours tour From $50 Per Person
Ribeira da Salga Canyoning Tour from Ponta DelgadaPortugal | 5 hours tour From $105 Per Person
Whale and Dolphin Watching Tour from Ponta DelgadaPortugal | 3 hours tour From $75 Per Person
Pico Island Tour from MadalenaPortugal | 8 hours tour From $105 Per Person
Lagoa do Fogo Hiking Tour from Ponta DelgadaPortugal | 7 hours tour From $65 Per Person
Furnas Tour from Ponta DelgadaPortugal | 8 hours tour From $99 Per Person