Segovia Kayaking Adventure from Madrid Highlights
1Paddle through the rugged Duraton Natural Reserve
2Enjoy a day away from the city in a day filled with adventure
3See wildlife and row beneath the ruins of an ancient Franciscan Monastery
4Treat yourself with a unique Kayak Experience near Madrid
Why we chose this tourOur Segovia Kayaking Adventure from Madrid takes you into the heart of a gorgeous natural park near Segovia to explore ancient ruins, the endemic wildlife, and the natural splendor of this scenic region. You'll get closer to the natural wonders of Spain, and finish the day off with a tasting of one of Spain's most famous culinary masterpieces, traditional paella. This tour is available every day and leaves with guaranteed departures.
Book With Tourist JourneyHand-Crafted Insider Experiences
Awesome Customer Service
Best Price Guaranteed
Segovia Kayaking Adventure from Madrid Itinerary
8:00 am - Pickup from Madrid
- You will be picked up from Hotel Abba in central Madrid.
Segovia Kayaking Adventure
- This incredible day begins with a picturesque drive through the bucolic countryside that surrounds Madrid on your way to the River Duratón Natural Reserve in Segovia.
- Once you've reached the towering gorges and rushing rivers, you'll suit up and go through a safety briefing before jumping in your kayak to explore this singular area.
- You'll paddle the calm waters below the 100 meter tall limestone walls of the canyon, passing scenic stands of trees and keeping an eye out for the local raptors, including the largest Griffon Vulture colony in all of Europe.
- Marvel at the ruins of the Monasterio de la Hoz, a 13th century Franciscan monastery perched high in the cliffs above you as you serenely glide by.
- Finish off your kayaking and head to a traditional restaurant to enjoy a plate of paella in its birthplace.
- The food is made from local ingredients, and accompanied by a fresh Mediterranean salad, a regional beer or wine, and a traditional way to finish the day on a sweet note.
- You will be returned to Madrid, full of delicious dishes and unforgettable memories.
2:00 pm - Drop off in Madrid
- You will be dropped off at the same location you were picked up from.
NB - all timings on Segovia Kayaking Adventure from Madrid are approximate
Ask a Question
Have a question?
If you have any questions about our Segovia Kayaking Adventure from Madrid, please contact us. Our team is standing by and will be happy to help
Availability and Pricing
Transportation to and from Hotel Abba
Certified Kayaking Guide
Brief safety and rowing instruction course
Single or double kayak, rows, waterproof cases and life vest
Group Safety equipment and first aid kit
Showers and changing rooms
Accident insurance and civil liability insurance
Lunch and drinks
Optional picnic pack: 20$ per person (Vegan or special food upon request)
Personal travel insurance
What to Bring
Swimsuit and Towel
Pair of sport shoes or sandals to wear in the kayak
Hat and Sunscreen
Dry casual/sport wear and shoes/flip flops to change after the activity
Water and light snacks/energy bars
No previous experience required
Minimum age: 6 years old
Standard fitness level
NB: All times are approximate