Santillana del Mar & Altamira Museum Tour from Santander Highlights
1Enjoy an intimate small group tour with a local guide
2Walk through the halls of the Altamira Museum
3See Santillana del Mar, one of Spain's most beautiful cities
4Visit the heritage listed Collegiate Church of Santa Juliana
Why we chose this tourOur Santillana del Mar & Altamira Museum Tour from Santander explores in a small group the intriguing history of the world-famous Altamira Caves and one of Spain's most beautiful town, Santillana del Mar. With the help of an expert guide, you'll learn more about the fascinating origins of modern day Spain. This tour is available every Saturday and leaves with guaranteed departures.
Book With Tourist JourneyHand-Crafted Insider Experiences
Awesome Customer Service
Best Price Guaranteed
Small Group Size
Santillana del Mar & Altamira Museum Tour from Santander Itinerary
9:30 - Pickup from Santander
- You will be picked up from centralized locations in Santander. Please be 5 minutes before departure at the pick up location.
Guided Tour of Santillana del Mar & the Altamira Museum
- Make your way out of Santander, driving along the Camino del Norte that leads to Santiago de Compostela, and if you're lucky, you'll have the chance to see some pilgrims on their journey through this scenic area.
- Once you've arrived in Santillana del Mar, disembark for a walking tour through the pedestrian zone of the city's historic center, winding your way along cobblestone streets to admire its beauty.
- With your guide, start at the Collegiate Church of Santa Juliana, a Romanesque jewel built in the 12th century, and then add an optional visit to a museum housing the works of famous local sculptor Jesús Otero.
- Each of the streets is lined with beautiful ancient buildings and historic heritage, showing you what life in Cantabria was like ages ago.
- Make your way to the UNESCO World Heritage Site, museum, and research center at the iconic Altamira Cave.
- As well as being a stunning display of geology and natural beauty, the cave was the first in the world discovered to house Paleolithic paintings on the wall, found in 1879 by the lawyer Marcelino Sanz de Sautuola.
- Although the cave itself is barred from public visits, the museums and replica neo-cave will make you believe you've traveled back in time to uncover historic secrets.
- When the tour ends, you'll be returned to your starting point with unforgettable memories from your journey into the past.
14:00 - Drop off at Santander
- You will be dropped off at the same location you were picked up from.
NB - all timings on Santillana del Mar & Altamira Museum Tour from Santander are approximate
Ask a Question
Have a question?
If you have any questions about our Santillana del Mar & Altamira Museum Tour from Santander, please contact us. Our team is standing by and will be happy to help
Transportation to and from Santander by minivan
Entrance Fees: Altamira Museum & Collegiate Church of Santillana
Lunch & drinks
Personal travel insurance
What to Bring
Walking shoes & comfortable clothes
Sunglasses & sunscreen
The tour is suitable for all ages
In case of bad weather conditions, the tour may be cancelled. In that case, we will try to change your travel date, or you will receive a refund.
The number of participants is limited to 8
Related Tours and Experiences
Glorieta Waterfall Trekking Tour from SalouSpain | 5 hours tour From $49 Per Person
Quad Bike Experience from SalouSpain | 2 hours tour From $135 Per Person
Ebro River Kayak Experience from SalouSpain | 6 hours tour From $55 Per Person
Canyoning Experience from SalouSpain | 6 hours tour From $59 Per Person
Madrid Wine & Tapas ExperienceSpain | 3 hours tour From $90 Per Person
Spanish Cooking Class in MadridSpain | 3 hours tour From $85 Per Person
Ribera del Duero Wine Tour from MadridSpain | 11 hours tour From $199 Per Person
Tagus River Valley Winery Tour from MadridSpain | 6 hours tour From $145 Per Person
Granada, Cordoba, Torcal De Antequera & Darro River 7 Day Tour PackageSpain | 7 days package From $895 Per Person
Valencia 6 Day Tour PackageSpain | 6 days package From $625 Per Person