Rome, Pompeii & Sorrento 5 Day Tour Package Highlights
1Visit the best of Rome, Pompeii, Frascati and Sorrento in just 5 days
2Take in panoramic views from St Peter's Dome in the Vatican
3Have a foodie day out in Frascati, Rome's local wine region. Taste local delicacies and visit an ancient winery for wine and olive oil tasting
4Each experience is led by a different expert, guide.
5Wander around the lemon-scented winding streets of Sorrento
6Discover what life was like in Pompeii before the eruption of Mount Vesuvius
7Choose your on hotel at the time of booking to ensure it perfectly suits your style and personality
Why we chose this tourIf you love history, culture, and food, our Rome, Pompeii & Sorrento 5 Day Tour Package will simply blow you away. This is your chance to learn all there is to know about the most ancient and character-filled region of Italy. Climb the steps of St. Peter's Dome in the Vatican to marvel at a view few people ever get to see. Take an insider tour of Rome, hitting all the important sights as well as hidden gems along the way. Ride the train to Frascati, Italy's local wine region, for a day full of food, wine tasting, olive oil tasting, and spreads of gorgeous food at a local trattoria. A real foodie day out. Take a private drive to Pompeii where you and a small tour will experience life as it was before the volcano eruption, thanks to virtual reality and an enthusiastic guide. Finish your experiences in Sorrento where the lemon groves, winding streets, and gorgeous views over the Tyrrhenian sea. This package is guaranteed to leave you with memories that last forever. Our Rome, Pompeii & Sorrento 5 Day Tour Package leaves with guaranteed departures.
Our Rome, Pompeii & Sorrento 5 Day Tour Package will leave you feeling cultured, relaxed, and full of great Italian food and wine! It’s a wonderful way to get to know the real Rome, to understand what makes the locals tick, their culture, and their food. In the Vatican, you’ll understand the influence that Catholicism has on the people of Italy. In our insider Rome walking tour, you’ll be able to visit the famous sights of Rome as well as learning how to navigate the city on your own, to make the most out of your time here. In Frascati, you’ll learn all about the importance of wine and food in Italy’s history. Visiting a 7th generation winery is a rare treat that is sure to inspire. With Pompeii, you’ll be visiting one of the most important archeological sites in the world. Seeing people who lived in this city perfectly preserved thanks to the ash that came from Mount Vesuvius is a striking and emotional experience. And finally, in Sorrento, you’ll understand the laid-back nature of Italy; the culture of eating, drinking, wandering, and enjoying one’s life can all be found in this gorgeous town.
Awesome Customer Service
Best Price Guaranteed
Rome, Pompeii & Sorrento 5 Day Tour Package Itinerary
Day 1 - Arrival in Rome
- Day one is reserved for your arrival in Rome. Make your way to your hand-picked hotel and stay overnight in Rome, well-rested for the activities ahead.
Day 2 - St. Peter’s Dome Climb, Basilica & Vatacombs Tour (Group Tour) & Insider Rome City Tour (Group Tour)
- Start your morning with a tour of St Peter's Domb, Basilica, and Vatacombs
- Meet your guide - an expert in the Vatican's history - and wind your way up the Basilica stairs (with an elevator part of the way).
- Admire the breathtaking views of Rome from the top of the dome whilst your guide points out important historical landmarks.
- Head to the Basilica to explore the exquisite artworks adorning the walls.
- Then go deeper underground into the Vatacombs where tombs of past Popes - and allegedly St Peter himself - lay.
- After an afternoon of free time, it's time to take an insider Rome city tour to learn more about this magical city.
- Meet another knowledgeable guide who will take you around the city.
- They'll show you how to navigate the city on your own, where you can find the best sights and hidden gems.
- Take in some famous sights including the Spanish Steps and Piazza Navona.
- Finish at the Trevi fountain where you can make a wish, as thousands have done before you.
- Head back to your hotel or carry on into the Roman night!
Day 3 - Frascati Wine Tasting Tour & Lunch by Train (Group Tour)
- On day 2, you, and a small group, will visit the Frascati wine region, close to Rome.
- You'll make your own way to Frascati on the 9.49 am train from Rome's Termini station.
- Your guide will meet you at the station and will be a sommelier, well versed in the wines and culture of the region.
- Make your way through Frascati, tasting local delicacies such as porchetta, biscotti, and local wine at Frascati's oldest tavern.
- Take a drive to a 7th generation Frascati vineyard where you'll learn the secrets of Frascati wine production.
- Indulge in a tasting of Frascati wines as well as bread and olive oil made by the very same vineyard.
- Once you've had your fill of wines and olive oil, you'll be taken to a local trattoria for lunch which will include local cheeses, meats, locally produced oils, homemade bread, fresh pasta, wine, and espresso!
- Return to Rome full of food, wine, and memories.
Day 4 - Pompeii & Sorrento Tour from Rome (Private transportation & shared group tour in Pompeii)
- You'll be making your way to Pompeii and neighboring Sorrento.
- Meet your private driver who will take you on a scenic drive toward Pompeii. This is a fascinating site, perfectly preserved under layers of hot ash when Mount Vesuvius erupted in 79 BCE.
- There, you and a small group will be taken on a tour of this important archeological site.
- You'll be led through the site with a trained archeologist, and will even get to try your hand at virtual reality, to see what Pompeii looked like before the volcano erupted.
- Visit Pompeii through the eyes of those who lived there, seeing their bakeries, market stalls, communal residences and public baths, and maybe even their brothels!
- Then head onto Sorrento. Stop at Giggino, the region's oldest pizzeria for slices by the meter - the same way they've been made for 100 years.
- Have some free time in the city to explore for yourself. Be sure to try the limoncello from a local Bottega.
- Return to your Rome hotel.
Day 5 - Departure
- Day 5 is reserved for your independent departure, full of memories, photos and souvenirs from your time in this wonderful city.
If you have any questions about our Rome, Pompeii & Sorrento 5 Day Tour Package, please contact us. Our team is standing by and will be happy to help
Related Tours and Experiences
Venice Food & Wine TourItaly | 3 hours tour From $89 Per Person
Venice Food & Market TourItaly | 3 hours tour From $89 Per Person
Catania Street Food Evening TourItaly | 3 hours tour From $55 Per Person
Palermo Wine Tasting TourItaly | 3 hours tour From $85 Per Person
Palermo Street Food Evening TourItaly | 3 hours tour From $55 Per Person
Palermo Street Food Morning TourItaly | 3 hours tour From $55 Per Person
Bonassola E-Bike Wine Tasting Tour from Levanto (Cinque Terre)Italy | 3 hours tour From $105 Per Person
Sensory Wine Tasting Experience in Manarola (Cinque Terre)Italy | 2 hours tour From $70 Per Person
Traditional Pesto Cooking Class in Manarola (Cinque Terre)Italy | 1 hour tour From $65 Per Person
Cinque Terre Sunset Kayak Tour & Aperitif from MonterossoItaly | 3 hours tour From $102 Per Person