Roman Vineyard & Wine Tasting Experience from Rome Highlights
1Sample Castelli Romani wines alongside local delicacies
2Run from the bustle of Rome and visit villages in the Alban Hills
3Dive into traditional winemaking and learn from an expert vitner
4Spend the afternoon enjoying beautiful views and fine wines
Why we chose this tourOur Roman Vineyard & Wine Tasting Experience from Rome is the perfect way to explore the Castelli Romani countryside and sample some of the best wines the region has to offer. Learn about traditional winemaking, taste the local varietals and delicacies, and take a guided tour of a premier estate. This private tour is available every Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, and Saturday, with seasonal variations, and leaves with guaranteed departures.
Book With Tourist JourneyHand-Crafted Insider Experiences
Awesome Customer Service
Best Price Guaranteed
Roman Vineyard & Wine Tasting Experience from Rome Itinerary
10:00 - Pickup from Rome
- You will be picked up from your hotel in Rome. Please be ready at 9:45 am.
Guided Winery Tour & Wine Tasting
- Leave Rome behind on your way to the bucolic countryside that sits just outside the city, filled with twisting vineyards and rolling hills in the gorgeous region of Castelli Romani.
- The area is made up of 13 quaint villages that sit at the foot of the Alban Hills, a beautiful spot with volcanic lakes, hidden valleys, and centuries old vineyards dotting the landscape.
- Stroll the streets of Frascati and Grottaferrata before you move on to Santa Benedetta to tour a wine estate's grounds and have a full tasting alongside a sommelier.
- You'll walk through the vineyards, learn about its history as a former convent, and discover how the Benedetti family has passed down this property from generation to generation.
- In the afternoon, taste 3 specially chosen wines and a curated selection of regional delicacies to complement the flavors of the local varietals.
- Some of the best treats will include olive oil from the estate itself, local cheeses, cured meats, pane de Lariano, and bruschetta.
- After the tasting lunch, return to Rome to rest and refresh!
14:00 - Drop off at Rome
- You will be dropped off at the same location you were picked up from.
NB - all timings on Roman Vineyard & Wine Tasting Experience from Rome are approximate
Have a question?
If you have any questions about our Roman Vineyard & Wine Tasting Experience from Rome, please contact us. Our team is standing by and will be happy to help
Transportation to and from your hotel in Rome
Vineyard walk with vintner
Wine tasting with Santa Benedetta's vintner and sommelier
Snacks: Cheeses, meats, breads, and olive oils
Food and beverages not mentioned
Personal travel insurance
What to Bring
The tour requires a minimum of 2 people