Río Secreto Tour from the Riviera Maya Highlights
01Get to visit this hidden gem of 7.5 miles of semi-sunken caves along the Río Secreto
02Swim and walk amongst thousands of stalactites and stalagmites
03Kick back and relax in a hammock in the middle of the jungle
04This is an intimate experience with a small group and knowledgeable local guide
Why we chose this tourBoost your adrenalin levels with our Río Secreto Tour from the Riviera Maya. The Río Secreto is a breathtaking underground river, filled with thousands of stalagmites and stalactites. You'll get to swim and walk through them, following your knowledgeable local guide who is on hand to tell you all about the fascinating geology of the river. There are more than 7.5 miles of semi-sunken caves in the river, and you'll get to visit some of the best! Finally, relax in a hammock in the middle of the jungle with some delicious snacks to round off the experience. Our Río Secreto Tour from the Riviera Maya leaves with guaranteed departures.
An adventure awaits with our Río Secreto Tour from the Riviera Maya. Perfect for those with a sense of adventure, you’ll don a wetsuit and hard hat with a lamp in order to traverse this fascinating underground world. We handpick all our guides to ensure they give you the best experience possible, complete with all the information you could ever ask for when it comes to the geology and history of this fascinating subterranean river. This is an experience like no other, combining millions of years of natural history with fun and frolics!
Book With Tourist Journey
- We hand-pick each tour and experience which we offer
- Led by a true local expert full of passion
- Hassle-free experience promise. We take care of everything so you just have to enjoy
- Great memories and the best stories guaranteed
- Easy booking, easy cancelation and best price guaranteed
- Small Group Size
Río Secreto Tour from the Riviera Maya Itinerary
7:20-8:25 - Pickup from the Riviera Maya
- You will be picked up from your hotel in Cancún, Playa del Carmen and selected hotels in Tulum.
9:00 - Río Secreto Adventure
- Explore the natural wonder of the Río Secreto underground river
- Previously known as Pool Tunich, Río Secreto boasts more than 7.5 miles (12 km) of breathtaking semi-sunken caves.
- Follow your knowledgeable guide on a journey of discovery while learning interesting facts about the nature reserve's geology.
- Walk and swim through mineral-rich waters, and marvel at the sight of thousands of calcified stalactites and stalagmites lining the 0.4-mile (600-m) route.
- Enjoy some nutritious snacks, and kick back in the middle of the jungle in a traditional hammock.
15:00 - Drop off at the Riviera Maya
- You will be dropped off at the same location you were picked up from.
NB - all timings on Río Secreto Tour from the Riviera Maya are approximate
Have a question?
If you have any questions about our Río Secreto Tour from the Riviera Maya, please contact us. Our team is standing by and will be happy to help
Transportation to and from your hotel
Fully guided tour
Entrance to the Natural Reserve
Activities included: Rappel + bike + Salon de la Paz Experience
Regional buffet with fresh waters
Neoprene suit (wetsuit) and life jacket
Safety helmet with lamp
Personal travel insurance
What to Bring
Swimsuit & towel
In order to protect the safety of individuals, the group and the cave, you are not allowed to bring photography or video equipment into the caves, since you can slip or damage a natural structure while inside. However, you may use them outside the cave.
The minimum age required is 4 years old.
Related Tours and Experiences
Private Cooking Class in MéridaMexico | 6 hour tour From $29 Per Person
Private Teotihuacan Insider City TourMexico | 9 hour tour From $39 Per Person
Private Mexico City Street Food TourMexico | 5 hour tour From $29 Per Person
Private Hidden Mexico City TourMexico | 7 hour tour From $29 Per Person
Vallarta Tequila & Taco Tasting TourMexico | 4 hour tour From $85 Per Person
Vallarta Taco & Street Food Tasting TourMexico | 3 hour tour From $59 Per Person
Vallarta Bike & Food Tasting TourMexico | 3.5 hour tour From $60 Per Person
Vallarta Downtown Food TourMexico | 3.5 hour tour From $55 Per Person
Jungle Mountain Bike & Adventure Private Tour from TulumMexico | 7 hour tour From $130 Per Person
Jorullo Bridge ATV Experience from Puerto VallartaMexico | 3 hour tour From $119 Per Person