Ribera del Duero Wine Tour from Madrid Highlights
01Taste a variety of locally-grown grapes alongside wine experts
02Explore the green hills and rolling valleys of Ribera del Duero
03Dive into the history of this storied region and its stunning landscapes
04Visit 3 different monasteries to explore their cellars and sprawling vines
Why we chose this tourOur Ribera del Duero Wine Tour from Madrid takes you into the heart of one of Spain's most prolific wine-producing regions for a stunning day of tasting, visits to underground cellars, and explorations of the area's history and winemaking traditions. Your expert guide will walk you through the gorgeous landscapes and sprawling vineyards to help you spend a perfect day in the pastoral countryside of this gorgeous area. This tour is available every Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, and Saturday, and leaves with guaranteed departures.
Book With Tourist Journey
- Hand-Crafted Insider Experiences
- Awesome Customer Service
- Best Price Guaranteed
- Easy Cancelation
Ribera del Duero Wine Tour from Madrid Itinerary
9:15 - Pickup from Madrid
- You will be picked up from a centralized location in Madrid. Please be there 5-10 minutes before the departure time.
Guided Ribera del Duero Wine Tour
- Leave Madrid behind for a visit to the undulating countryside and a stop at three different wineries along the Ribera del Duero, often called The River of Wine for its incredible production.
- The region is famous for the tempranillo grown and bottled here, a world-famous Spanish grape that produces a red wine with a full body and undertones of different fruits.
- Wine has been produced here since the twelfth century, and along with the tempranillo, there are also magnificent whites and claret that you'll have the chance to taste as you plunge into the area's complex history.
- Stop at your first winery, a newer facility famous for its focus on high-quality small-batch wines that are already internationally acclaimed, and admire the stunning modern architecture of its every corner.
- You'll tour everything from the cellars to vineyards, learning more about the gorgeous area you just drove through, and then have a guided tasting of a number of wines with an expert.
- Continue to the next winery, an open-plan concept that brings nature and light inside the complex, and taste their products alongside traditional local treats, like cheese produced nearby.
- Enjoy free time to eat lunch on your own at a local restaurant, where you can enjoy a full Castilian lunch, a tapas tasting, or a lighter meal, whatever suits your fancy!
- Make your way to the final vineyard of the day, the most fascinating of them all, and home to almost four miles of underground tunnels built by monks to cure and preserve these wines.
- Dive into the history of the area with your walking tour through these underground cellars, and finish with a final wine tasting with a local sommelier before driving to Segovia.
- Here, you'll have free time to explore the UNESCO World Heritage Sites of the Old City and the Roman Aqueduct, one of the most famous examples of Roman design and ingenuity in all of Spain.
- After this, it's time to head back to Madrid for an evening of rest and relaxation, after all, you've learned, tasted, and seen on this day tour.
20:00 - Drop off at Madrid
- You will be dropped off at the same location you were picked up from.
NB - all timings on Ribera del Duero Wine Tour from Madrid are approximate
Ask a Question
Have a question?
If you have any questions about our Ribera del Duero Wine Tour from Madrid, please contact us. Our team is standing by and will be happy to help
Transportation to and from Madrid
Fully guided tour with a local wine expert
Visit to 3 different wineries
Wine tasting in all the wineries (minimum of 2 wines in each winery). Snacks of cheese or iberico products will be included at the wineries
Segovia scenic visit with free time (aqueduct, Main Square etc)
Personal travel insurance
What to Bring
Comfortable clothes & shoes
Sunglasses & sunscreen
The minimum age required for the tour is 12 years old
The drinking age in Spain is 18 years old
Related Tours and Experiences
Glorieta Waterfall Trekking Tour from SalouSpain | 5 hours tour From $49 Per Person
Quad Bike Experience from SalouSpain | 2 hours tour From $135 Per Person
Ebro River Kayak Experience from SalouSpain | 6 hours tour From $55 Per Person
Canyoning Experience from SalouSpain | 6 hours tour From $59 Per Person
Madrid Wine & Tapas ExperienceSpain | 3 hours tour From $90 Per Person
Spanish Cooking Class in MadridSpain | 3 hours tour From $85 Per Person
Tagus River Valley Winery Tour from MadridSpain | 6 hours tour From $145 Per Person
Granada, Cordoba, Torcal De Antequera & Darro River 7 Day Tour PackageSpain | 7 days package From $895 Per Person
Valencia 6 Day Tour PackageSpain | 6 days package From $625 Per Person
Highlights of Bilbao 6 Day Tour PackageSpain | 6 days package From $439 Per Person