Ribeira da Salga Canyoning Tour from Ponta Delgada Highlights
1Explore rushing rivers and waterfalls with only 8 travelers
2Take the day to get your adrenaline pumping as you discover the area
3Marvel at the untouched beauty of the unique Azorean nature
4Jump, climb, rappel, and slide your way through this canyon
Why we chose this tourOur Ribeira da Salga Canyoning Tour from Ponta Delgada, limited to an intimate 8 individuals, is perfect for thrill-seekers, nature lovers, and travelers looking to get off the beaten path to discover a more untouched side of the places they visit. With the help of your expert local guide, you'll slide and rush down cliffsides, jump over rushing rivers, and discover hidden natural gems along the way. This tour is available every Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday and leaves with guaranteed departures.
Book With Tourist JourneyHand-Crafted Insider Experiences
Awesome Customer Service
Best Price Guaranteed
Small Group Size
Ribeira da Salga Canyoning Tour from Ponta Delgada Itinerary
9:30 - Pickup from Ponta Delgada
- Meet your guide at a centralized location in Ponta Delgada.
Guided Canyoning Tour of Ribeira da Salga
- Meet your guide in Ribeira da Salga in the northeast part of the island, a quaint town sandwiched between Salga and Lomba de São Pedro, where you'll get a safety briefing and all of the equipment you'll need.
- Get your heart pumping with a short hike towards the canyon, starting your exploration of the untouched nature that permeates every corner of this incredible area.
- Once in the canyon, you'll marvel at the towering trees and rushing waters that surround you as you make your way up steep winding paths and down precipitous cliffsides.
- You'll jump, rappel, take natural slides, hike, and climb your way through the canyon, making sure to enjoy the 50 foot rappel that's the highlight of your day.
- As your guide carefully walks you through the canyon, you'll learn more about the geology and history of the area for a full island experience before you trek out of the canyon and return to the starting point.
14:00 - Drop off at Ponta Delgada
- You will be dropped off at the same location you were picked up from.
NB - all timings on Ribeira da Salga Canyoning Tour from Ponta Delgada are approximate
Have a question?
If you have any questions about our Ribeira da Salga Canyoning Tour from Ponta Delgada, please contact us. Our team is standing by and will be happy to help
Transportation to and from Ponta Delgada
Fully guided tour
All Canyoning equipment (fully equipped harness, wetsuits, socks, helmet and boots)
Photos / Videos
Hotel pick up/drop off
Personal travel insurance
What to Bring
Walking shoes & comfortable clothes
Sunglasses & sunscreen
Bathing suit (if possible already dressed) & towel
The minimum age required is 10 years old
Please let us know if you have any food restrictions
The tour requires a minimum of 2 people, if we will not reach the minimum amount of people required, we will try to reschedule your travel date.