Reykjavik, Iceland, and Northern Lights 5 Day Tour Package Highlights
01Get an insider look at the city to start your journey off the right way
02Select the perfect hotel for you from our hand-picked collection
03Take a food tour with a gastronomic guide to discover Iceland's cuisine
04Savor locally-brewed beers and spirits on your comprehensive tour
05Escape the city at the Blue Lagoon and hunt for the Northern Lights
06Enjoy daily tours and experiences guided by local experts
Why we chose this tourOur Reykjavik, Iceland, and Northern Lights 5 Day Tour Package gives travelers an incredible introduction to Iceland and the city, combining insider walking tours with gastronomic wonders for an immersive package that introduces you to the many marvels that surround the capital, perfect for outdoor adventurers and culinary fanatics alike. Escape the city with a stop at the ethereal Blue Lagoon, hunt for the Northern Lights with an expert guide, dive into the beer and food culture of Iceland, and discover the unique mythology that makes this area even more captivating. This tour is available every day and leaves with guaranteed departures.
Book With Tourist Journey
- Hand-Crafted Insider Experiences
- Awesome Customer Service
- Best Price Guaranteed
- Easy Cancelation
Reykjavik, Iceland, and Northern Lights 5 Day Tour Package Itinerary
Day 1 - Arrival in Reykjavik
- Once you've landed in Iceland, make your way to your hotel and spend the night resting or start your explorations of the country's capital.
- Overnight in Reykjavik.
Day 2 - Insider Reykjavik City Tour & Reykjavik Beer Tasting Tour
- On the first full day of your tour, you'll be taking our insider tour that's the perfect introduction to both Iceland and its capital city.
- Stop at landmarks like the Reykjavik Pond and Harpa Concert Hall, as well as hidden gems that your guide will reveal to you down winding alleys and off the main squares.
- These tours are limited to smaller groups to let you experience Reykjavik in an authentic way and interact with your guide on a more personal level.
- Dive into the mythology and legends that lie beneath the surface, and enjoy the unique atmosphere of this cosmopolitan capital city.
- The second half of your day will take you into Iceland's craft beer culture, with visits to bars and breweries frequented by locals.
- Your guide is an expert in this field and will tell you the history of alcohol and beer in the country, including why beer was banned for 74 years.
- Take advantage of your guide by getting recommendations on what to taste that you won't find anywhere else, and be sure to ask where you should continue your adventures when the tour ends! (10 craft beers or 5 Icelandic snaps included)
- Overnight in Reykjavik.
Day 3 - Blue Lagoon & Northern Lights from Reykjavik
- Start your day by meeting your expert local guide at the BSÍ Bus Terminal, and head out of Reykjavik for the ethereal landscapes of isolated Iceland.
- For an additional fee, you can also arrange pickup from other selected locations in the city.
- On the way, you'll pass steaming geysers, rugged rock formations, and verdant hills, finally reaching the world-famous Blue Lagoon.
- Take a few hours to soak, relax, snap a few photos, and enjoy the barren and otherworldly landscapes that surround these geothermal pools.
- Around 4 pm, you'll return to the city and have free time to relax, change, and have dinner before meeting your guide at 9 pm at the terminal for your Northern Lights excursion.
- Leave the city to hunt for the incredible Aurora Borealis, stopping at all of the best spots for a chance to glimpse the pink, green, and purple highlights of this natural show.
- Discover unique attractions along the way as you enjoy the lights shimmering in the night sky above you, and then return to the city for a good night's sleep.
- Overnight in Reykjavik (A drink of your choice at the Blue Lagoon included).
Day 4 - Reykjavik Food Walking Tour
- Your last full day starts with a 3-hour tour of Reykjavik's best edible offerings, whisking you from fine restaurants to family-owned eateries throughout the city.
- Explore more of the capital's history with your expert guide, learning about how the limited range of ingredients led to such a rich cuisine.
- Taste local delicacies that include reindeer steaks, fermented shark, and marvels made with root vegetables and local berries.
- Dive a little deeper into the culture of the country as you get to know the chefs and proprietors of the restaurants you visit.
- When the tour ends, ask your guide for the best nearby restaurants to spend your last night dining in style.
- Overnight in Reykjavik (Food tastings included)
Day 5 - Departure
- On the last day of your journey, make your way to the airport for the next step in your travels or enjoy some more time in Reykjavik exploring the city's many wonders!
NB - all timings on Reykjavik, Iceland, and Northern Lights 5 Day Tour Package are approximate
Ask a Question
Have a question?
If you have any questions about our Reykjavik, Iceland, and Northern Lights 5 Day Tour Package, please contact us. Our team is standing by and will be happy to help
All touring and accomodation
All meals and beverages mentioned above
Blue Lagoon: Entrance fees, silica mud mask & towel rental
Anything not mentioned above
Personal travel insurance
Each day will be led by an local guide to provide an enhanced experience along Tourist Journey's values.
You can choose your hotel from our hand-picked selection during the booking process.
The order of the days might change because we optimize the itinerary to provide the best experience.
The minimum age to consume alcohol in Iceland is 20 years.
Northern Lights Departure varies seasonally (9-10 PM). Your guide will tell you the correct meeting time
Related Tours and Experiences
Golden Circle Stopover 3 Day Tour PackageIceland | 3 days package From $192 Per Person
4 Day Iceland Express Tour PackageIceland | 4 days package From $412 Per Person
5 Day Golden Circle, Jökulsárlón & Blue Lagoon Tour PackageIceland | 5 days package From $625 Per Person
8 Day Secrets of Iceland Tour PackageIceland | 8 days package From $1,290 Per Person
Reykjavik Elves & Trolls Walking TourIceland | 2 hours tour From $40 Per Person
Insider Reykjavik City TourIceland | 2 hours tour From $49 Per Person
Reykjavik Beer Tasting TourIceland | 3 hours tour From $85 Per Person
Reykjavik Food Walking TourIceland | 3 hours tour From $125 Per Person
New Year’s Eve Bonfire Tour from ReykjavikIceland | 3 hours tour From $75 Per Person
Golden Circle & Horse Riding from ReykjavikIceland | 10 hours tour From $175 Per Person