Reykjavik Elves & Trolls Walking Tour Highlights
01Learn about the best of Icelandic and Norse mythology
02Visit graveyards, elf stones, and more storied sites on your tour
03Hear the stories that 55% of Iceland still believe in
04Find out how to do ancient magic on this small group tour
Why we chose this tourOur Reykjavik Elves & Trolls Walking Tour is guided by a family-run team of experts and locally-based guides for an experience that delves into the twisting and captivating legends that make this city and this country so fascinating. Walk to hidden corners of this bustling city and hear the secrets of the oldest tales that fill its streets and landscapes on a limited tour that's limited to 12 travelers maximum. This tour is available every day and leaves with guaranteed departures.
Book With Tourist Journey
- Hand-Crafted Insider Experiences
- Awesome Customer Service
- Best Price Guaranteed
- Easy CancelationSmall Group Size
Reykjavik Elves & Trolls Walking Tour Itinerary
13:00/17:30 - Pickup from Reykjavik
- Meet your guide at a centralized location in Reykjavik.
Guided Elves & Trolls Tour of Reykjavik
- Begin your journey into the magical world of Iceland's folklore and the hidden side of Reykjavik with a visit to an Elf Stone in downtown, the home of the elves and a dangerous object to move.
- Listen to stories of what happens if an elf stone is moved from a construction site, and the consequences of offending these magical creatures.
- Hear the ghost story of the Deacon of Dark River, a terrifying tale of the dead come back to the land of the living for true love and how his spirit was finally put to rest.
- Dive into the roots of Icelandic magic and the different monsters that are unique to this region from your experienced local guide.
- Explore the history of the 13 Santas of Iceland, or the Yule Lads, and their terrifying mother Grýla, who has been known to come down from the mountains to eat children.
- If children are well-behaved, the Yule Lads will leave small gifts in their shoes the 13 nights that lead up to Christmas, and if they've been bad, they receive something more than just lumps of coal.
- Discover JRR Tolkien's connection to this land from his Icelandic childhood nanny, and learn how the language, landscape, folk tales, and Norse mythology played a role in this timeless series.
- This tour will end in the center of the city after having heard these tales, visiting two graveyards, and how to perform unique magic.
14:30/19:00 - Drop off at Reykjavik
- You will be dropped off at the same location you were picked up from.
NB - all timings on Reykjavik Elves & Trolls Walking Tour are approximate
Ask a Question
Have a question?
If you have any questions about our Reykjavik Elves & Trolls Walking Tour, please contact us. Our team is standing by and will be happy to help
Fully guided tour with an expert about Iceland's Myth & Magic
Personal travel insurance
What to Bring
Comfortable shoes & clothes
The tour requires a minimum of 2 people
Related Tours and Experiences
Golden Circle Stopover 3 Day Tour PackageIceland | 3 days package From $192 Per Person
4 Day Iceland Express Tour PackageIceland | 4 days package From $412 Per Person
5 Day Golden Circle, Jökulsárlón & Blue Lagoon Tour PackageIceland | 5 days package From $625 Per Person
8 Day Secrets of Iceland Tour PackageIceland | 8 days package From $1,290 Per Person
Reykjavik, Iceland, and Northern Lights 5 Day Tour PackageIceland | 5 days package From $649 Per Person
Insider Reykjavik City TourIceland | 2 hours tour From $49 Per Person
Reykjavik Beer Tasting TourIceland | 3 hours tour From $85 Per Person
Reykjavik Food Walking TourIceland | 3 hours tour From $125 Per Person
New Year’s Eve Bonfire Tour from ReykjavikIceland | 3 hours tour From $75 Per Person
Golden Circle & Horse Riding from ReykjavikIceland | 10 hours tour From $175 Per Person