Rabat Private Tour from Casablanca Highlights
01Visit the Villa of Arts: the door to arts and culture in Morocco
02Explore the ramparts of Rabat and The Royal Palace
03View the symbol of Rabat, The Hassan tower
04Admire the Mohammed V mausoleum: royal tomb of the last three kings of Morocco
05Visit the archaeological museum of Rabat, one of the best museums in Morocco.
06Wander around Oudaya Kasbah, an 11th-century walled Andalusian fortress
07Explore the serene ruins of Chellah with its lush gardens and nesting storks
Why we chose this tourFor a change from the crowds and bustle, try our Rabat Private Tour From Casablanca. Rabat might be the capital of Morocco, but its pace is slower, its streets emptier and broader, and its medina less touristy and less crowded than other cities. Let our enthusiastic local guide take you on a private tour of the historic sites, beautiful gardens, stork-filled ruins, and excellent museums of the capital city. This tour is available every day.
Only an hour away from large, busy Casablanca, Rabat is a whole other world. Morocco’s administrative and political center is cleaner, calmer, and attracts far fewer tourists than other, more popular cities. But for those who do visit, a wealth of beautiful sights awaits you. Take our private tour of the many attractions in and around this city, and you’ll see that it should be on everyone’s list. Follow our knowledgeable guides through the gates of the blue and white painted Kasbah to see somewhere truly unique to Rabat. Wander the Spanish-influenced Medina and marvel at The Hassan Tower, the symbol of Rabat. Then hop over to nearby Sale and learn about the pirate history hidden in its pretty streets. This is an excellent tour for those wanting to experience the best of the country’s capital.
- Hand-Crafted Insider Experiences
- Awesome Customer Service
- Best Price Guaranteed
- Easy Cancelation
Rabat Private Tour from Casablanca Itinerary
9:00 - Pickup from Casablanca
- You will be picked up from your hotel or Riad in Casablanca.
Guided Tour of Rabat
- Drive along the coast for one hour from Casablanca to the capital of Morocco, Rabat.
- The first stop in Rabat is the Hassan tower, a symbol of Rabat and Morocco. The tower was originally intended to be the minaret of the largest mosque in the Muslim world, which unfortunately has never been completed. However, the intricate designs on the minaret give some indication of how ornate the finished mosque would have been.
- Next to the Hassan tower lies the Mausoleum of King Mohammed V. The opulent building of traditional Moroccan design holds the tombs of King Mohammed V and his two sons, Moulay Abdellah and Hassan II.
- Visit The Kasbah of Oudayas, an 11th-century fortified military camp with all the houses and alleys painted in Andalusian blue and white. Inside, you can see a former military prison, the serene Oudayas gardens, and the museum located in a 17th-century lodge.
- Explore the sprawling, Spanish-influenced Rabat Medina. Filled with markets and shops but much calmer than the medinas of other Morrocan cities.
- Discover the ramparts of the city.
- View the Royal Palace. Unfortunately, we cannot enter the palace because it is closed to the public.
- Visit Chellah, the ruins of an ancient citadel sitting in lush gardens populated by nesting storks. It’s the calmest place in Rabat, an ideal place to relax and stroll far from the noise of the medina.
- Wander the wide, palm tree-lined boulevards of the Ville Nouvelle, the New City.
- Explore the archeology museum of Rabat, one of the most beautiful museums in Morocco, with the best archeological collection of artifacts relating to the prehistoric and pre-Islamic world.
- Visit the Villa of Arts, a peaceful, beautiful exhibition space for Moroccan artists.
- Explore the Rabat Corniche, a popular waterfront recreation space with beautiful views of the Bouregreg Valley.
- Leave Rabat to visit Sale, a small town across the river from Rabat with a rich history. Discover its historical monuments, its cultural heritage, its pirate-filled past, its old ramparts, its pretty streets, and the architecture of its houses and souks.
- Return to the vehicle to head back to Casablanca.
19:00 - Drop off at Casablanca
- You will be dropped off at the same location you were picked up from.
If you have any questions about our Rabat Private Tour from Casablanca, please contact us. Our team is standing by and will be happy to help
Related Tours and Experiences
Middle Atlas Tour from FezMorocco | 7 hours tour From $56 Per Person
Insider Fez Private City TourMorocco | 6 hours tour From $159 Per Person
Chefchaouen Tour from FezMorocco | 12 hours tour From $59 Per Person
Essaouira Private Tour & Surf Experience from MarrakeshMorocco | 8 hours tour From $185 Per Person
Insider Chefchaouen Private City TourMorocco | 4 hours tour From $55 Per Person
Fez Private Tour from CasablancaMorocco | 12 hours tour From $99 Per Person
El Jadida Private Tour from CasablancaMorocco | 9 hours tour From $85 Per Person
Insider Casablanca Private City TourMorocco | 5 hours tour From $60 Per Person
Marrakech Private Tour from CasablancaMorocco | 12 hours tour From $85 Per Person
Atlas Mountains, Aït BenHaddou, Valley of the Roses & Dades Valley 3 Day Private Tour PackageMorocco | 2 days tour From $339 Per Person