Profitis Ilias Sunset Hiking Tour from Rhodes Highlights
1Look out over the Aegean to the coastline of Turkey and the smaller islands that surround you
2Admire a vibrant sunset from one of the highest points on the island
3Uncover the beauty and secrets of Rhodes by foot for a more immersive experience
4Hike in the dark lit only by torches for an even more romantic experience
Why we chose this tourOur Profitis Ilias Sunset Hiking Tour from Rhodes is perfect for all times of the year, taking you through a romantic walk in the past to one of the island's highest points to enjoy panoramic views during the beautiful sunset hour. You'll learn about the wildlife and history of the region as you trek along the paths that wind through olive groves and expansive meadows. This tour is available every Wednesday and Saturday and leaves with guaranteed departures.
Book With Tourist JourneyHand-Crafted Insider Experiences
Awesome Customer Service
Best Price Guaranteed
Profitis Ilias Sunset Hiking Tour from Rhodes Itinerary
4:30 pm- Meet in Salakos Village
- You'll meet your guide and begin in Salakos Village.
Guided tour of Profitis Ilias
- This trekking adventure begins in the pastoral village of Salakos, seating in the foothills of the towering Profitis Ilias mountain, the third tallest on the entire island.
- You'll wind your way up the gentle trails, making your way under the canopy of olive, pine, and ilex trees, catching glimpses of the cinematic view of the Aegean and nearby islands here and there.
- Once you've reached an open meadow, keep your eyes open to see the Elafos and Elafina, Italian buildings named for the local deer by colonists in the early 1900's, and the Villa de Vecci, the former residence of the Italian governor of Rhodes and the current Byzantine Church on the mountain.
- Refresh with a quick snack and rest before returning to Salakos, stopping to admire the vibrant sunset behind the miniature island of Halki before finishing your hike in the dark by torch.
Drop off in Salakos Village at 9:00 pm
- You will be dropped off at the same location you were picked up from.
NB - all timings on Profitis Ilias Sunset Hiking Tour from Rhodes are approximate
Ask a Question
Have a question?
If you have any questions about our Profitis Ilias Sunset Hiking Tour from Rhodes, please contact us. Our team is standing by and will be happy to help
Availability and Pricing
Fully guided tour
Potable Water Supply
Traditional snack from Rhodes
Food and drinks
Optional pick up: 12$ per person for a pick up from the areas: Kremasti, Paradeisi, Ialysos, Ixia, Rhodes Town, Kallithea, Faliraki, Afantou, Haraki, Lindos and any location in between the above mentioned areas.
Optional pick up: 19$ per person for a pick up from the areas: Pefkos, Kiotari, Gennadi.
Personal travel insurance
What to Bring
Long hiking pants
Your own personal water bottle. As part of our environmental policy and actions, we are committed to eliminating the use of plastic water bottles.
Difficulty level: easy
The minimum age requires is 10 years old
NB: All times are approximate