Pozar Thermal Springs and Edessa Tour from Thessaloniki Highlights
01Soak in the Pozar thermal springs and natural pools
02Marvel at the stunning waterfalls of Edessa
03Stroll the historical Varosi district in Edessa
04Visit the Mill of Flavors and the Mill of Five Senses
Why we chose this tourOur Pozar Thermal Springs and Edessa Tour from Thessaloniki is a relaxing escape from the bustle of modern life as you soak in healing thermal waters of Pozar and step back into history as you walk ancient streets through Edessa with an archaeologist to guide you. You'll walk beneath the highest waterfalls in the Balkans and taste regional delicacies as you drive through this beautiful region. This tour is available every Tuesday, Thursday, and Sunday and leaves with guaranteed departures.
Book With Tourist Journey
- We hand-pick each tour and experience which we offer
- Led by a true local expert full of passion
- Hassle-free experience promise. We take care of everything so you just have to enjoy
- Great memories and the best stories guaranteed
- Easy booking, easy cancelation and best price guaranteed
Pozar Thermal Springs and Edessa Tour from Thessaloniki Itinerary
8:00 - Pickup from Thessaloniki
- You will be picked up from a centralized location in Thessaloniki. Please be at the pick up point 10 minutes before departure.
Visit of Pozar Hot Springs & Guided Tour of Edessa
- Leave Thessaloniki and head to Pozar as your expert archaeologist tour leader explains the history of the name, which can mean "after the charcoal" or "under the fire", and how the village has ended up in its new location.
- You'll learn all about how the thermal hot springs here are famed for their healing, and enjoy this natural spa in the heart of dense natural beauty while soaking in the minerals and trace elements that make these waters so relaxing.
- Admire the River Toplitsa, or the River of Saint Nicholas as it flows through the deep gorge on its way to the springs, and taste some local coffee to indulge all of your senses.
- After this relaxing escape, taste local sweets and treats from the local market before continuing your tour near the city of Edessa, named for all the waters that flow and pool near this quaint village whose name means "Place of Water".
- Your first stop is to visit the the largest waterfalls in the Balkans, plunging 230 feet into the sparkling pools below and misting the area in glittering vapors.
- Trek the park surrounding this village as you head to the edge of the mountain falls where they cascade down to meet the rugged rocks below, the very spot that Menelaos Lountemis claims the Gods step into the sky.
- Walk the city itself to learn more about its Roman ruins and Byzantine bridges as you walk through the historic Varosi district and visit the Mills of Flavors and Five Senses to see how it thrived for so many generations.
- End the day with a local meal at a traditional restaurant before returning to the starting point and finishing your exciting tour.
16:30 - Drop off at Thessaloniki
- You will be dropped off at the same location you were picked up from.
NB - all timings on Pozar Thermal Springs and Edessa Tour from Thessaloniki are approximate
Have a question?
If you have any questions about our Pozar Thermal Springs and Edessa Tour from Thessaloniki, please contact us. Our team is standing by and will be happy to help
Transportation to and from Thessaloniki
Walking-tour in Varosi district in Edessa
Historical information and storytelling during the trip
Travel insurance (during transportation)
Lunch & drinks
Entrance fees: Entrance fee 2€/person to Pozar natural hot pools Entrance fee 2€/person to the Mill of Flavors in Edessa Entrance fee 2€/person to the Mill of 5 Senses in Edessa
Personal travel insurance
What to Bring
Sunglasses & sunscreen
Bathing suit, towel & flip flops
Related Tours and Experiences
Mykonos Private Shore ExcursionGreece | 5 hour tour From $550 Per Group
Mykonos Small Group TourGreece | 4.5 hour tour From $105 Per Person
Mykonos Private Jeep TourGreece | 4 hour tour From $499 Per Group
Mykonos Private Guided TourGreece | 4.5 hour tour From $530 Per Group
Achilleion, Kanoni & Corfu Town Private TourGreece | 4 hour tour From $719 Per Group
Paleokastritsa Monastery, Kanoni & Corfu Town TourGreece | 4 hour tour From $689 Per Group
Santorini Wine Roads Sunset TourGreece | 4.5 hour tour From $179 Per Person
Craft Beer & Spirits Tasting Tour in SantoriniGreece | 4 hour tour From $149 Per Person
Greek Food & Wine Tasting Tour in SantoriniGreece | 4.5 hour tour From $199 Per Person
Santorini Insider TourGreece | 5 hour tour From $179 Per Person