Pozar Thermal Springs and Edessa Tour from Thessaloniki Highlights
1Soak in the Pozar thermal springs and natural pools
2Marvel at the stunning waterfalls of Edessa
3Stroll the historical Varosi district in Edessa
4Visit the Mill of Flavors and the Mill of Five Senses
Why we chose this tourOur Pozar Thermal Springs and Edessa Tour from Thessaloniki is a relaxing escape from the bustle of modern life as you soak in healing thermal waters of Pozar and step back into history as you walk ancient streets through Edessa with an archaeologist to guide you. You'll walk beneath the highest waterfalls in the Balkans and taste regional delicacies as you drive through this beautiful region. This tour is available every Tuesday, Thursday, and Sunday and leaves with guaranteed departures.
Book With Tourist JourneyHand-Crafted Insider Experiences
Awesome Customer Service
Best Price Guaranteed
Pozar Thermal Springs and Edessa Tour from Thessaloniki Itinerary
8:00 - 8:30 - Pickup from Thessaloniki
- You will be picked up from centralized locations in Thessaloniki. Please be at the pick up point 10 minutes before departure.
Visit of Pozar Hot Springs & Guided Tour of Edessa
- Leave Thessaloniki and head to Pozar as your expert archaeologist tour leader explains the history of the name, which can mean "after the charcoal" or "under the fire", and how the village has ended up in its new location.
- You'll learn all about how the thermal hot springs here are famed for their healing, and enjoy this natural spa in the heart of dense natural beauty while soaking in the minerals and trace elements that make these waters so relaxing.
- Admire the River Toplitsa, or the River of Saint Nicholas as it flows through the deep gorge on its way to the springs, and taste some local coffee to indulge all of your senses.
- After this relaxing escape, taste local sweets and treats from the local market before continuing your tour near the city of Edessa, named for all the waters that flow and pool near this quaint village whose name means "Place of Water".
- Your first stop is to visit the the largest waterfalls in the Balkans, plunging 230 feet into the sparkling pools below and misting the area in glittering vapors.
- Trek the park surrounding this village as you head to the edge of the mountain falls where they cascade down to meet the rugged rocks below, the very spot that Menelaos Lountemis claims the Gods step into the sky.
- Walk the city itself to learn more about its Roman ruins and Byzantine bridges as you walk through the historic Varosi district and visit the Mills of Flavors and Five Senses to see how it thrived for so many generations.
- End the day with a local meal at a traditional restaurant before returning to the starting point and finishing your exciting tour.
16:30 - Drop off at Thessaloniki
- You will be dropped off at the same location you were picked up from.
NB - all timings on Pozar Thermal Springs and Edessa Tour from Thessaloniki are approximate
Ask a Question
Have a question?
If you have any questions about our Pozar Thermal Springs and Edessa Tour from Thessaloniki, please contact us. Our team is standing by and will be happy to help
Transportation to and from Thessaloniki
Walking-tour in Varosi district in Edessa
Historical information and storytelling during the trip
Travel insurance (during transportation)
Lunch & drinks
Entrance fees: Entrance fee 2€/person to Pozar natural hot pools Entrance fee 2€/person to the Mill of Flavors in Edessa Entrance fee 2€/person to the Mill of 5 Senses in Edessa
Personal travel insurance
What to Bring
Sunglasses & sunscreen
Bathing suit, towel & flip flops
Related Tours and Experiences
Santorini Wine Roads Sunset TourGreece | 5 hours tour From $189 Per Person
Craft Beer & Spirits Tasting Tour in SantoriniGreece | 4 hours tour From $119 Per Person
Greek Food & Wine Tasting Tour in SantoriniGreece | 5 hours tour From $209 Per Person
Santorini Insider TourGreece | 5 hours tour From $189 Per Person
Santorini Cooking Class & Tasting ExperienceGreece | 5 hours tour From $215 Per Person
Nemea Winery & Vineyard Private Tour from AthensGreece | 10 hours tour From $229 Per Person
Nemea & Nafplio Wine and History Private Tour from AthensGreece | 10 hours tour From $179 Per Person
Evia Wine Private Tour & Spa ExperienceGreece | 7 hours tour From $195 Per Person
Athens Wine Lover’s Private Tour & Wine MuseumGreece | 6 hours tour From $169 Per Person
Mount Olympus Hiking Tour from ElassonaGreece | 10 hours package From $109 Per Person