Porto & Douro Valley 5 Day Tour Package Highlights
01Travel with expert guides and insiders on your daily excursions
02Cruise the waters of the Douro River in between historic stops
03Pick your favorite hotel from our curated collection for the perfect stay
04Taste Port wines in an underground cellar in the center of the city
05Head to the Douro River Valley to taste wines and edible treasures
06Take a free day to explore Porto on your own
Why we chose this tourOur Porto & Douro Valley 5 Day Tour Package shows you the wonders of the Portuguese city and countryside, starting with incredible sights like the Lello Bookshop and São Bento Train Station in the heart of Bairro da Sé, and taste Port in Vila Nova de Gaia, and then take the next day to explore the city on your own. Get away from the hustle and bustle of the city with a scenic day spent in the rolling hills of the Douro Valley, stopping at quaint villages like Pinhão in between wine tastings and a cruise along the Douro River, taking advantage of our experienced guides and tested itineraries for the trip of a lifetime. This tour is available every day with seasonal variations and leaves with guaranteed departures.
Book With Tourist Journey
- We hand-craft each tour package which we offer
- Each tour and experience is led by a true local expert full of passion
- Hassle-free experience promise. We take care of everything so you just have to enjoy
- Choose the hotels you stay at from our curated selection
- Great memories and the best stories guaranteed
- Easy booking, easy cancelation and best price guaranteed
Porto & Douro Valley 5 Day Tour Package Itinerary
Day 1 - Arrival in Porto
- Once you've landed in Porto, head to the hotel you've chosen for some rest or to drop off your suitcases and start exploring!
- Overnight in Porto.
Day 2 - Porto Afternoon Tour
- Start your day in Bairro da Sé, a historic neighborhood, the stunning cathedral in the center of the city, a part of the city that's been used since 417 BCE.
- Walk past picturesque storefronts and ancient Roman plazas on your way to the Lello Bookshop, a magical store that inspired parts of the Harry Potter series!
- After admiring the luxe red velvet and curling staircases, head to the São Bento Train Station to see the stunningly intricate murals and tiles that decorate the walls.
- Once you've tasted the city's history, taste some of its wines in Vila Nova de Gaia, the hub of wine production and shipping in this key port city.
- Go with your guide to Caves Croft for a tasting at this important wine house that's been in business since 1588 and is still going strong.
- Sample fantastic port wines and dive into the history of this unique vintage for the perfect way to wrap up your day of sightseeing.
- Overnight in Porto (Wine tastings included).
Day 3 - Free Day in Porto
- Spend the free day visiting the beautiful Cemitério do Prado do Repouso, the famous street of Rua Miguel Bombarda, or fully relax at the Yeatman Hotel's Caudalie Vinothérapie Spa right on the river.
- Overnight in Porto.
Day 4 - Douro Valley Wine Tasting
- Take a leisurely drive through this sloping green valley covered with the dense almond orchards, olive groves, and vineyards of Portugal's Douro Valley.
- The villages here in the Alto Douro Vinhateiro Region, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, are the picturesque villages that made Port wine famous.
- One of these is Pinhão, which houses a number of key vineyards and wineries, and where you'll have the chance to enjoy another scenic viewpoint.
- Taste wines and tasty local treats before taking a cruise along the glittering azure waters of the Douro river past emerald fields and sunny meadows.
- The last stop of the day is one of the area's many historic wineries, taking you for another tasting accompanied by an expert before returning to Porto.
- Overnight in Porto (Tasting of 2 wines and lunch included).
Day 5 - Departure
- On the last day of your package tour, we wish you safe travels wherever your journey takes you!
NB - all timings on Porto & Douro Valley 5 Day Tour Package are approximate
Have a question?
If you have any questions about our Porto & Douro Valley 5 Day Tour Package, please contact us. Our team is standing by and will be happy to help
All touring and accomodation
Meals & tastings as mentioned in the itinerary
Entrance fees: Port Wine Cellar in Porto, Douro Valley Cruise
Anything not mentioned above
Personal travel insurance
Each day will be led by a specialist guide to provide an enhanced experience along Tourist Journey's values.
You can choose your hotel from our hand-picked selection during the booking process.
The order of the days might change because we optimize the itinerary to provide the best experience.
Related Tours and Experiences
Countryside & Vineyard Tour in the AlgarvePortugal | 8 hour tour From $50 Per Person
Western Algarve TourPortugal | 8 hour tour From $45 Per Person
Insider Lisbon Cruise TourPortugal | 2 hour tour From $49 Per Person
Lisbon Sunset CruisePortugal | 2 hour tour From $52 Per Person
6 Day Lisbon, Sintra, Fatima & Evora Tour PackagePortugal | 6 days package From $495 Per Person
Salto do Prego – Sanguinho Hiking Tour from Ponta DelgadaPortugal | 8 hour tour From $60 Per Person
Kayaking in Vila Franca do Campo, São Miguel – AzoresPortugal | 3 hour tour From $50 Per Person
Ribeira da Salga Canyoning Tour from Ponta DelgadaPortugal | 5 hour tour From $109 Per Person
Whale and Dolphin Watching Tour from Ponta DelgadaPortugal | 3 hour tour From $75 Per Person
Pico Island Tour from MadalenaPortugal | 8 hour tour From $99 Per Person