1Visit a historic Port wine cellar to learn its storied past while you taste some of the famous wine itself
2Marvel at the stunning Lello Bookshop and São Bento Train Station- both top multiple lists for the beauty
3Stroll through the historic city center, a recognized UNESCO World Heritage Site
4Stand in awe before the Sé do Porto, the shining white Cathedral that has dominated Porto for centuries
Why we chose this tourOur Porto Afternoon Tour transports you from the bustling modern city of Porto and drops you into the rich past that makes this city such a joy to visit. From hidden gems scattered across the city to famous historical monuments, you'll see it all on this tour before you get a literal taste of what the city has to offer with an exclusive underground wine tasting. This tour is available every day and leaves with guaranteed departures.
Awesome Customer Service
Best Price Guaranteed
Itinerary - Porto Afternoon Tour
14:00 - Pickup from Porto
- Pick up will be from centralized hotels in Porto
Guided tour of Porto
- Your tour begins with a walk through the Bairro da Sé, the historic neighborhood that surrounds the imposing cathedral right in the center of the city, an area that has been in use since 417 BCE, while you admire the historic store fronts and ancient Roman plazas that still line the walkways.
- As you wander the streets, you'll stop at the world-famous Lello Bookshop: it's an arresting shop with opulent red velvet floors and curling banisters that stretch towards the ceiling and wend their way through the towering shelves that line each wall.
- You'll also make a stop at the São Bento Train Station to admire the intricate murals that sprawl across the walls of this magnificent station.
- After a taste of Porto's history, it's time for a taste of Porto's wines: head across the river to Vila Nova de Gaia, a neighborhood that's stood as the hub of wine production and shipping inside the city for years for your own custom tasting at Caves Croft, a producer that's been active since 1588 and is still recognized as one of the most influential wine houses to this day.
- In an intimate underground cellar, you'll sample some of the finest Port wine that has captured so much attention throughout the years and learn what the fuss is all about before your day wraps up.
18:00 - Drop off in Porto
- You will be dropped off at the same location you were picked up from.
If you have any questions about our Porto Afternoon Tour, please contact us. Our team is standing by and will be happy to help
Book Porto Afternoon Tour as a private tour, and customize the itinerary and locations for yourself, your family or a small group.