Pompeii Tour, Lunch & Wine Tasting Experience from Pompeii Highlights
1Visit Pompeii with a team of expert and enthusiastic archaeologists
2Taste wines at a prize-winning vineyard on the volcano's slopes
3Savor local delicacies along with your award-winning wines
4Admire the natural splendor of this famous city and site
Why we chose this tourOur Pompeii Tour, Lunch & Wine Tasting Experience from Pompeii lets you immerse yourself in the captivating beauty and fascinating history of this iconic region of Italy. You'll explore the history of ancient Rome and learn how they lived, taste fresh produce grown locally, and taste world-famous wines grown in the soil of Mount Vesuvius. This tour is available every Monday, Wednesday, and Saturday and leaves with guaranteed departures.
Book With Tourist JourneyHand-Crafted Insider Experiences
Awesome Customer Service
Best Price Guaranteed
Pompeii Tour, Lunch & Wine Tasting Experience from Pompeii Itinerary
10:30 - Pickup from Pompeii Scavi - Villa Dei Misteri
- Meet your local guide at the Pompeii Scavi - Villa Dei Misteri.
Guided Tour of Pompeii, Lunch & Wine Tasting
- This comprehensive and curated tour starts when you meet your enthusiastic team of archaeologists at the train station, making your way to the remarkable ruins of this historic tragedy.
- In 87 CE, the nearby volcano of Mount Vesuvius erupted with no warning, freezing the citizens of prosperous Pompeii in the midst of a normal day, preserving the city and people almost perfectly beneath the lava flow and ash.
- From bustling brothels and "fast food" lunch counters to palatial residences and public squares, great swathes of the city have been uncovered.
- The expert team accompanying you will uncover the past for you, weaving unforgettable stories from Rome's golden age together with a picture of everyday life for the Pompeiians to transport you to a different time entirely.
- Admire the colored frescoes and cheeky graffiti still visible on the walls and amble down ancient streets with this intimate tour.
- After your visit to one of the most intriguing archaeological sites in the world, you'll drive to a nearby winery that grows its grapes in the rich volcanic soil of Mount Vesuvius for delectable and vintages.
- Taste 4 different types of wine, including Lacryma Christi, or the Tears of Christ, a blend that's closest to what the Romans would have been drinking on a daily basis, alongside a carefully curated lunch of local delicacies.
- After your incredible journey into the flavors and past of Pompeii, you'll be returned to the train station to finish the tour and continue your travels.
16:30 - Drop off at Pompei Scavi - Villa Dei Misteri
- You will be dropped off at the same location you were picked up from.
NB - all timings on Pompeii Tour, Lunch & Wine Tasting Experience from Pompeii are approximate
Ask a Question
Have a question?
If you have any questions about our Pompeii Tour, Lunch & Wine Tasting Experience from Pompeii, please contact us. Our team is standing by and will be happy to help
Fully Guided Tour with a local Archaeologist
Lunch & Wine Tasting at a prize winning vineyard
Personal travel insurance
What to Bring
Sunglasses & sunscreen
Related Tours and Experiences
Venice Food & Wine TourItaly | 3 hours tour From $89 Per Person
Venice Food & Market TourItaly | 3 hours tour From $89 Per Person
Catania Street Food Evening TourItaly | 3 hours tour From $55 Per Person
Palermo Wine Tasting TourItaly | 3 hours tour From $85 Per Person
Palermo Street Food Evening TourItaly | 3 hours tour From $55 Per Person
Palermo Street Food Morning TourItaly | 3 hours tour From $55 Per Person
Bonassola E-Bike Wine Tasting Tour from Levanto (Cinque Terre)Italy | 3 hours tour From $105 Per Person
Sensory Wine Tasting Experience in Manarola (Cinque Terre)Italy | 2 hours tour From $70 Per Person
Traditional Pesto Cooking Class in Manarola (Cinque Terre)Italy | 1 hour tour From $65 Per Person
Cinque Terre Sunset Kayak Tour & Aperitif from MonterossoItaly | 3 hours tour From $102 Per Person