Pompeii & Sorrento Tour from Rome Highlights
1Travel back to the year 79 BCE when Mt Vesuvius erupted, and discover Pompeii with an an archaeologist guide
2Pass the long lines at Pompeii Archaeological Park with your skip the line ticket, and enjoy a small shared group tour!
3Explore Sorrento and taste its incredible limoncello
4Ride along the Sorrentine Peninsula, admiring its beauty
Why we chose this tourOur Pompeii & Sorrento Tour from Rome puts you in the hands of an expert archaeologist to discover this ancient city frozen in its tracks by a deadly eruption of Mount Vesuvius centuries ago. Explore this historic site and the stunning charms of coastal Sorrento in a day away from the busy bustle of Rome's streets. This tour is available every Monday, Wednesday, and Saturday with seasonal variations and leaves with guaranteed departures.
Book With Tourist JourneyHand-Crafted Insider Experiences
Awesome Customer Service
Best Price Guaranteed
Pompeii & Sorrento Tour from Rome Itinerary
7:30 - Pickup from Rome
- You will be picked up from a centralized location in Rome.
Guided Tour of Pompeii & free time in Sorrento
- Once you've met your private driver, head out of Rome and onto Pompeii!
- This once prosperous and thriving city was frozen in time in October of 79 BCE when Mount Vesuvius erupted and preserved the city in the middle of a normal day by pyroclastic flow and heavy volcanic ash.
- Meet the archaeologist that will be guiding you through one of the most important sites in the world and take a spin through the past with a VR visor to see what Pompeii looked like before the volcano erupted.
- Then you'll move out into the city as it is, strolling through the streets as you witness this tragedy that took place so long ago.
- Visit ancient bakeries and market stalls, communal residences and public baths, and private homes and brothels were stopped in their tracks, examining the plaster casts of unfortunate people that were immortalized on this horrific day.
- Once you've finished in Pompeii, drive along the curling coast that overlooks the Tyrrhenian Sea and picturesque towns that sit along the plunging limestone cliffs.
- Arrive in the town knows as the Gateway to the Amalfi Coast and stop at Giggino, the region's oldest pizzeria to sample slices by the meter that have been cooked the same way for 100 years.
- Take some free time to explore the city, and be sure to stop at a bottega to sample the local limoncello, a specialty artisanal liquor made from the organic lemons that originate in this area, and maybe ship some home.
- Wander and enjoy the scenic views of Sorrento, stopping at shops and markets along the way, before you rejoin your driver and return to Rome.
19:30 - Drop off at Rome
- You will be dropped off at the same location you were picked up from.
NB - all timings on Pompeii & Sorrento Tour from Rome are approximate
Ask a Question
Have a question?
If you have any questions about our Pompeii & Sorrento Tour from Rome, please contact us. Our team is standing by and will be happy to help
Availability and Pricing
Round trip travel from Rome in luxury air conditioned van
Wifi and complimentary beverages during travel
English speaking driver at your disposal for the entire day
Small shared group tour of Pompeii with expert archeologist guide
Free time in Sorrento
Skip the line ticket to Pompeii Archaeological Park
Lunch & drinks
Personal travel insurance
What to Bring
Sunglasses & sunscreen
Bathing suit & towel